Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Kenan deserves to be in a cartoon...
    Almost was. Maybe if Gunn likes him we’ll be blessed with Kenan adapted somewhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    He'd be perfect for one of the DTVs.
    It would be cool to see Kenan appear in the Tomorrowverse.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Last edited by Vordan; 03-24-2023 at 08:39 AM.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

With both Kenan and Kon having doubts about Clark’s approach, I’m wondering if we might see those two + Otho eventually start forming their own sub-group within the Superfamily that takes a harsher line towards bad guys. I like that we might see some ideological tension within the Family, Kenan in particular has always done his own thing and not really handled being a hero the same way as Clark has. Kenan chose to put himself before it was cool after all

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post

With both Kenan and Kon having doubts about Clark’s approach, I’m wondering if we might see those two + Otho eventually start forming their own sub-group within the Superfamily that takes a harsher line towards bad guys. I like that we might see some ideological tension within the Family, Kenan in particular has always done his own thing and not really handled being a hero the same way as Clark has. Kenan chose to put himself before it was cool after all
    Def liking the growing dissonance among the family, I think it adds layers to the characters which is especially helpful to have people have their own unique personalities and stand out within a massive cast.

What I particularly liked about this scene is the back and forth between Clark and Kenan not only in substance but in language. Clark speaks Mandarin to converse with Kenan, who then follows in kind when Clark switches to English.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

BANNED

Almost was. Maybe if Gunn likes him we’ll be blessed with Kenan adapted somewhere.

It would be cool to see Kenan appear in the Tomorrowverse.
    Probably not, he might be excused by casuals of him being DCs attempt at animefiying or Dragonballing Superman.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Frog Bros View Post
    What I particularly liked about this scene is the back and forth between Clark and Kenan not only in substance but in language. Clark speaks Mandarin to converse with Kenan, who then follows in kind when Clark switches to English.
    Yeah it's a very simple nuance that makes it feel authentic
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Looks like Kenan will be cameoing in one of the Power Girl backups!

Omg kon has the worst hair ever
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Looks like it's just for Super-Family stuff, but at least they're featuring him with everybody.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Looks like it's just for Super-Family stuff, but at least they're featuring him with everybody.
    That’s all I wanted. Cement him as part of the Superfamily so he doesn’t disappear into thin air like Linda and Cir did. I mean that could still happen but it’s at least slightly less likely now that other writers besides his creator are picking him up and using him.

Aren't those backups finished now? I believe this is from the upcoming Power Girl one-shot that will conclude that story.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Is thst kon or Jon,seriously nowadays I can't tell
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Lol, love the mahjong concept.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Quote Originally Posted by The Frog Bros View Post
    Lol, love the mahjong concept.
    I love the idea that Kenan taught Kon to play in return for Kon playing video games with him

Quote Originally Posted by SuperX View Post
    Is thst kon or Jon,seriously nowadays I can't tell
    Kon seems to be the one with the shaved sides, Jon gets to have a full head of hair.