Page 22 of 54 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

The Wonderful World of Art!

Spider-Man Unlimited

"The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post

Spider-Man Unlimited

Cool suit for a very weird show.

Rino Romano was a good Spidey though.

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

I heard that Spider-Man Unlimited was originally going to be a Spider-Man 2099 show but the writers thought they would be copying Batman Beyond not realizing that Batman Beyond took a lot of elements from Spider-Man 2099 and so instead we got Unlimited.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Spider-Man Unlimited

I heard that Spider-Man Unlimited was originally going to be a Spider-Man 2099 show but the writers thought they would be copying Batman Beyond not realizing that Batman Beyond took a lot of elements from Spider-Man 2099 and so instead we got Unlimited.
    I thought Unlimited happened in part because with the first Sam Raimi Spider-Man film being developed at the time, Marvel Entertainment/Fox Kids didn't have all the rights to Spider-Man and his related or associated characters and stories, so they had to come up with something new from scratch. Beyond that, it was pretty cool, at least in retrospect, that Spider-Man had a nanosuit version of his costume long before Tony Stark made nanotech-composite Iron Man armors.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Maybe the right way to go about tying loose ends on both Unlimited and TAS would be to have both Peters help each other out. Fund it!

Quote Originally Posted by Webhead View Post
    Maybe the right way to go about tying loose ends on both Unlimited and TAS would be to have both Peters help each other out. Fund it!
    Yes, that would be great. If Across the Spider-Verse reignites the public appetite for more Unlimited and TAS . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Webhead View Post
    I remember how Dan Slott seemed to assume killing Unlimited Spidey in Spider-Verse meant killing TAS Spidey even though they were actually different Spidey's .

I know what you mean about the quips. I kind of rolled my eyes at the "hyphen between Spider and Man" joke, I really don't get that one, is it supposed to be funny or is there something I am just not getting? There is also a joke about Hammerhead having his head as a kid during the DLC that also falls really flat for me.
    It's just a joke about Spidey wanting the hyphen to be added.

Spencer also did his own version of that:

(ASM#10 vol 5).

I at least appreciate they tried more than the MCU did.
    Which's not saying much.

Like seriously, aside from one bank robbery scene from Spidey Home 1, I don't remember MCU Spidey quipping at all, at least while dressing as Spidey... But then again, considering how much I detest MCU's quipping, and how that joke about Otto's name in Spidey Home 3 sucked ass, that's probably for the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    https://www.cbr.com/spider-man-end-o...parker-marvel/

article saying the stuff thats already said here. Although the last paragraph regarding the MCU can be debated. Also how important 616 Peter role in these spider-verse crossovers should be as well
    It's funny how for the last months, perhaps years, even CBR is shitting on the way Marvel is treating Spidey, which's worth noting 'cause they tend to kiss Marvel's ass.

Spider-Man Unlimited

Kinda funny this is like the only time Spidey got a cape (Unless we count Bombastic Bag-Man's "Kick me" sign), and it works so well.

I mean, if that was the case, they probably knew 2099 came first, the problem is that public may not know it and would see a Spider-Man 2099 cartoon as ripping off Beyond.

Funnily enough, Beyond is more of a mix, using the idea of a cyberpunk future, Batman, and Spider-Man, as in, mainline Spider-Man, not Miguel.

Not only is Terry's life and personality to Spidey than either Batman or Miguel, a bunch of Terry's villains are even ripoff of Spidey's villains, like Inque (Sandman/Venom), Spellbinder (Mysterio), Stalker (Kraven), Shriek (Shocker), and Blight (Green Goblin, though more in position, not in powers).

You can kind include Melanie in this, but she doesn't even like to be a villain or thief, so she's more of her own thing than a Felicia/Selina ripoff, though, funnily enough, she could be seen as intentionally being the opposite of Felicia, since Felicia likes being a thief, since she read stories about her father being one and wanted to emulate, but her father wanted to bury his past, and for her to live a normal life, while Melanie doesn't like being one, but is forced into being one because of her family, with her parents still being active villains.

I remember how Dan Slott seemed to assume killing Unlimited Spidey in Spider-Verse meant killing TAS Spidey even though they were actually different Spidey's .
    For whatever reason a lot of people assumed that Spider-Man Unlimited was a continuation of 90's Spidey, even though there are no hints of this, that and how ridiculously unsatisfying it'd be for the search for MJ to have been solved offscreen, this ain't Young Justice.

Then again, YJ doesn't solve shit offscreen, it adds more problems offscreen...
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Man, Batman Beyond really was a Spider-Man show .

And it was schway!

It even had a ripoff of Fantastic Four .

Seriously though, of all the villains I've listed there, Stalker is the biggest ripoff, 'cause not only is the idea of the character nearly identical, they also have similar philosophies and motivations (Hunter guy who decides to go after Spidey/Terry because they're seen as a powerful specimen, who also doesn't care about who's behind the mask).

I guess you can call him Kraven's Last Expy .

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    It even had a ripoff of Fantastic Four .

Seriously though, of all the villains I've listed there, Stalker is the biggest ripoff, 'cause not only is the idea of the character nearly identical, they also have similar philosophies and motivations (Hunter guy who decides to go after Spidey/Terry because they're seen as a powerful specimen, who also doesn't care about who's behind the mask).

I guess you can call him Kraven's Last Expy .
    More of a deconstructed copy of the Fantastic Four, but yeah. And yes, the main difference between the Stalker and (Kraven) the Hunter is that Kraven used herbal enhancements and the Stalker had a cybernetic spinal replacement that also augmented his strength and reflexes, presumably through enhancing the conductivity of the nerve signals being sent to his muscles. As for your other point, Kraven saw Spider-Man as the avatar of a spider-demon (turned out to be somewhat truer in the 2000s due to the Spider-Totem saga, although more of a godlike than a demonic entity), and Stalker thought Batman/Terry was the incarnation of some kind of bat spirit, so there was that as well, to be more specific.

"He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    More of a deconstructed copy of the Fantastic Four, but yeah.
    Felt more like a mean spirited jab at F4 lol.

It's even weirder to do that part of the "deconstruction" about radiation killing people, when the same damn season had Blight being basically a Radioactive Man, and he was fine as far as I remember lol.

Also, just watched the episode and I noticed these things:

Looks familiar:

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...0167/image.png

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...6832/image.png

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...7465/image.png

(ASM#33).

And yes, the main difference between the Stalker and (Kraven) the Hunter is that Kraven used herbal enhancements and the Stalker had a cybernetic spinal replacement that also augmented his strength and reflexes, presumably through enhancing the conductivity of the nerve signals being sent to his muscles. As for your other point, Kraven saw Spider-Man as the avatar of a spider-demon (turned out to be somewhat truer in the 2000s due to the Spider-Totem saga, although more of a godlike than a demonic entity), and Stalker thought Batman/Terry was the incarnation of some kind of bat spirit, so there was that as well, to be more specific.
    Those differences are really superficial since they ultimately achieve the same results lol.

Holy @#$% they outright recreated it!