Page 20 of 54 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan View Post
    Thank you to both of y’all. Much appreciated
    You're very welcome.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan View Post
    Yeah, power ups in comics rarely matter. Mainly because you don’t want your hero to eclipse his classic rogue’s gallery.
    Plenty of characters became stronger over time and it worked well enough, though, yeah, it depends on how it reflects with the rest of the rogues gallery.

“Realistically” speaking a Spider-Man with Shang-Chi level martial arts (that is martial arts that basically count as super powers themselves) should walk the dog on everyone who isn’t in Thor’s weight class with one hand tied behind his back, but it would ruin a lot of the drama if every time Green Goblin showed up, Spidey hit him with a spider strength nerve pinch or whatever and just carted him off to jail.
    I mean, the likes of Rhino, Sandman, and Electro still should outclass Spidey in power enough for Spidey to use his smarts instead of "Hitting really hard".

And hell, it could even work with some of the other members of his Rogues gallery considering they got power ups back in Gauntlet...

Also reminds me, despite him becoming stronger in Spider-Island, he still lost to Kaine in that Spider-Monster form, and Kaine managed to win because he watched some footage of Spidey fighting, which, while it's impressive Slott gave Spidey an excuse for losing at all (He usually doesn't bother), it kinda does make Spidey look like an amateur with a "linear" fighting style, as in, he's too used to this one way of fighting and is easy to counter, which's, questionable for Spidey to be like that at this point lol.

That was likely done to make him getting Spider-Sense back to look more impressive, but, still...

It's funny that despite how in theory Slott's Spidey should be ridiculously broken (Spider-Fu, he got the Spider-Sense back after a while so it could be stacked with Spider-Fu, and Slott exaggerated Spidey's science side to be basically Stark-lite), he's still not that impressive when it comes to feats, Spider-Fu itself didn't even do much to improve Spidey after Spider-Island (He used it like, three times afterwards), it was the tech that made him look stronger (Such as using some ice webs to casually take out Hydro-Man), but that didn't stop him from having ridiculous losses (Such as needing Cindy to save his ass against Electro and Felicia).

Not that I'm saying Spidey should never lose just because he got some upgrades, it's just that the upgrades themselves should at least make him harder to take down, but instead it's more of the same.

By the by, if anyone knows, where would I need to start if I wanted to get caught up on what Zdarsky has been doing with Daredevil?
    Daredevil vol 6 in its entirety and Devil's Reign afterwards, although you may be lost on things like Mike Murdock still, considering he's a kinda out of there addition to Daredevil (Accidentally created by an Inhuman, eventually used a cosmic cube to retcon himself into actually being Matt's twin), but you can mostly understand it still.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Uh-huh. The original Zdarsky run has seven TPB collections in total, and then you have Devil's Reign, the main event that continues and spins out of that run, with Mayor Fisk outlawing the entire superhero community to get at Daredevil. Afterward, there's the current run that picks up where Zdarsky left off after Devil's Reign, with Matt embarking on a new mission to beat the Hand for good . . . the same Hand that is now being led by the Punisher to end his own one-man war on crime.
    Punisher took over the Hand? Man, sometimes comic books are either ridiculously static, or "How the **** did that happen?" level of weird...
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Peter lost his soul to another demon in the new Doc Strange issue 1
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    Peter lost his soul to another demon in the new Doc Strange issue 1
    Seriously?
    The spider is always on the hunt.

ezgif.com-webp-to-jpg.jpg

He should really hurry up and birth Mayday already he cant handle these demons

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Mayday Parker...DEMON SLAYER!

Who is a cute little Demon Slayer? You are! Yes you are!
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Lmao

Man. MacKay gets it

Spider-Man #9 cover

"The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    Spider-Man #9 cover

Surprised Dan Sott is using Dillon!Electro instead of Frye!Electro when he killed off Dillon to push her as the new Electro.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Surprised Dan Sott is using Dillon!Electro instead of Frye!Electro when he killed off Dillon to push her as the new Electro.
    Maybe he is going in the opposite direction this time? He is going to kill Frye!Electro and keep Dillon!Electro around.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    oh yeah he did kill him guessing electro wants revenge on her

Daredevil 009 (2023) (Digital) (Zone-Empire)-021.jpg

next issue of Daredevil is going to be fun. Ah Spiderman looks nice leading the avengers

next issue of Daredevil is going to be fun. Ah Spiderman looks nice leading the avengers
    Holy crap! That is super cool!

This is giving me "Avengers go after Punisher" vibes.