Page 33 of 54 FirstFirst ... 2329303132333435363743 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    I miss that suit

Attachment 132340
    The glowing spider never made sense to me.

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The glowing spider never made sense to me.
    Judging from the Insomniac version of the costume...I would wager that it is glowing because there is a power core of some sort underneath the chest plating.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    Judging from the Insomniac version of the costume...I would wager that it is glowing because there is a power core of some sort underneath the chest plating.
    But it never seemed to actually do anything special because of it...

I wonder...perhaps it was supposed to be the superhero costume equivalent of those colorful neon lights that people put on race cars.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

Quote Originally Posted by Majesty View Post
    You know... for all the Animated Spider-Man Series in the 90s gave us in terms of the comic stories it wanted to tell, in particular Venom's origin and his brief time as Black Suit Spider-Man... I was surprised when they revealed that this Peter never knew Gwen Stacy and never even lost Gwen Stacy. Which I kind of was saddened by when I saw that in the series.

When THIS happened and she first appeared I was freaking out I was like "THATS GWEN STACY!!!" but when he had a voiceover monologue that she was someone he didn't even know, I was saddened. Because he was animated to have this look of sadness when she told him who she was. Which I think would have made perfect sense as an Easter Egg to their past. But the voiceover that he has no clue who she is was disheartening. Because I thought ultimately the point of that Universe was that it was a Spider-Man that was basically Tony Stark, so he essentially always won and had the best life. Gwen Stacy never died, they got engaged, the science museum was in his name and he's basically if Peter Parker became Tony Stark successful.

But I do look back on this scene and think it would have worked so much better without the voiceover that Peter doesn't know her, and just left his expression when she said her name. That way those that were familiar with the comic knew, but to a kid that never read them and only knew Spider-Man for this show, it'd go over their head.
    There's just no reason for Gwen to have existed when we see so much of Spidey's life in this cartoon and she's never even indirectly mentioned, so having him actually recognize her to the point he may be saddened at seeing her would be a an asspull even for fans who know who Gwen is, all to give fanservice for comic fans when it doesn't work in this setting.

The suit did make him stronger, not that it mattered outside of like, one scene where he's a dumbass and keeps holding some construction machine lol.

That and the shining is probably to make it stand out visually from his default costume, because this is just the default costume for the most part lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    There's just no reason for Gwen to have existed when we see so much of Spidey's life in this cartoon and she's never even indirectly mentioned, so having him actually recognize her to the point he may be saddened at seeing her would be a an asspull even for fans who know who Gwen is, all to give fanservice for comic fans when it doesn't work in this setting.
    They kind of combined Gwen and Felicia for their take on Felicia anyways.

This is getting out of hand, LMAO.

Still waiting for a Peter and MJ one!

Still waiting for a Peter and MJ one!
    I know, right?!

They kind of combined Gwen and Felicia for their take on Felicia anyways.
    I kinda have the impression that MJ has Gwen vibes, but I'd have to check more episodes to confirm lol.

Is this a joke about the movie or just a random fanart?
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    I kinda have the impression that MJ has Gwen vibes, but I'd have to check more episodes to confirm lol.

Is this a joke about the movie or just a random fanart?
    just taken from the barbie movie trailer of barbie and ken.
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

I was half expecting Mayday to be there holding up the sign.

There is a preview on Amazon of the Across the Spider-Verse Art Book featuring some Peter B. and Mayday concept artwork. I really like the Spider-Man themed bathrobe and the Spider-Ham slippers.

More ATSV concept art featuring Spider-Man Unlimited, one of the Dan Slott-armored Spider-Men (or is that a Spider-Woman or Spider-Girl in the armor?) and Earth X Spider-Cop: