Page 3 of 54 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    And all is right with the world! I like the reference to Spencer's run there at the end, nice touch!
    Most kind, thanks. I think MJ's speech is a little too strongly laced with cheese, but hey, it's the 90s!

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    Most kind, thanks. I think MJ's speech is a little too strongly laced with cheese, but hey, it's the 90s!
    Hey, a little cheese never hurt nobody, and besides...its not any cheesier than something you might see on a television show from around that period (i.e., Full House, etc.) Ah...the 90's, a simpler time...at least it was for me.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

The Adventures Will Continue.
    Very beautiful ending there. And yes, as CaptainUniverse put it, a little cheese never hurt anyone . . . except the lactose-intolerant.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Um...hmm...I think I figured out what Peter did. It's all coming together now. Iron Man 2020's wife and kid are the key. I mean...it looks really similar, doesn't it?

WDPD1.jpg

WDPD2.jpg

WDPD3.jpg
    Last edited by CaptainUniverse; 01-04-2023 at 06:32 PM.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

Astonishing Member

I'm hoping this thread grows as the year goes on. Sometimes I think the main character gets taken for granted vs those that need bigging up more. Other characters wouldn't be around were it not for Peter Parker/Spider-Man.

pretty sure many series goes through this where the discussion of the side characters are more than the main character
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    pretty sure many series goes through this where the discussion of the side characters are more than the main character
    When the main character never changes. what is there to discuss about them?

can someone at least attempt to soft-retcon Peter as having some flirtation with a "geek-friendly" high school club like science club, chess club, math club, art/design club, etc.? In retrospect it doesn't make the utmost sense that he'd totally avoid all of that and regularly attempt to ingratiate himself to Flash's jock-centric social circle.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    can someone at least attempt to soft-retcon Peter as having some flirtation with a "geek-friendly" high school club like science club, chess club, math club, art/design club, etc.? In retrospect it doesn't make the utmost sense that he'd totally avoid all of that and regularly attempt to ingratiate himself to Flash's jock-centric social circle.
    I think Dan Slott tried that in his "Learning to Crawl" side story published alongside the first five issues of ASM following Superior Spider-Man, exploring what Peter was doing between the end of Amazing Fantasy #15 and the very first ASM #1, but it didn't turn out so well in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    I think Dan Slott tried that in his "Learning to Crawl" side story published alongside the first five issues of ASM following Superior Spider-Man, exploring what Peter was doing between the end of Amazing Fantasy #15 and the very first ASM #1, but it didn't turn out so well in the end.
    It did give us a firm age though .

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Isn’t his high school confirmed to be pretty small and poor? My school didn’t really have any of that in a meaningful way, but I’m kind of from the backwoods. It being a school in New York, even a small one, maybe it would still have all that

BANNED

Interesting choice of character for Spidey.

Any 90s kid will tell you Goofy's a dad.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan View Post
    Isn’t his high school confirmed to be pretty small and poor? My school didn’t really have any of that in a meaningful way, but I’m kind of from the backwoods. It being a school in New York, even a small one, maybe it would still have all that
    By the time he came back there to teach at the beginning of the JMS run, yeah, it definitely looked like it had seen better days. Given that it was also (likely) meant to be commentary on then-contemporary disinvestment in American public education, it made a certain degree of sense.

Oh, yeah.

The Disney "New Avengers" homage has Donald as Spidey and Goofy as Iron Man. (With his temper you'd think Donald would be Logan. So I don't think a lot of real thought goes into these covers.)
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

I could see this happening...if Peter got the powers when it was fizzling out of control during the 2005 Captain Universe: Universal Heroes event.