Page 5 of 54 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    He had prep time.
    Oh, now I have a battles thread-styled suggestion in mind!

Spider-Man w/prep time and Captain Universe powers vs. Goku
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post

goku wins easy
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    goku wins easy

lol j/k
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

As long as Spidey takes him down before Goku unlocks Super Saiyan Omega or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Knightsilver View Post
    As long as Spidey takes him down before Goku unlocks Super Saiyan Omega or something.
    With the Enigma Force and prep time all it'll take is...

ONE TOUCH!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    can someone at least attempt to soft-retcon Peter as having some flirtation with a "geek-friendly" high school club like science club, chess club, math club, art/design club, etc.? In retrospect it doesn't make the utmost sense that he'd totally avoid all of that and regularly attempt to ingratiate himself to Flash's jock-centric social circle.
    He was a loner back then and didn't actively seek out Flash, Flash decided to annoy him back then, and whenever Spidey annoyed Flash, it was usually in response to something Flash did.

Some people are loners at school, and he was that back then, specially considering most of his social interactions were with the Daily Bugle.

Quote Originally Posted by Batman Begins 2005 View Post
    I'm hoping this thread grows as the year goes on. Sometimes I think the main character gets taken for granted vs those that need bigging up more. Other characters wouldn't be around were it not for Peter Parker/Spider-Man.
    A dedicated thread for Spidey have little reason to have much movement even when his character isn't sucking considering he has his own ongoing all the time, so any relevant discussions about him are more likely to happen in those.

Hell, Wolverine is also a huge character, and his threads don't have much of a population.

Wasn't it though? I am surprised they haven't tried a sequel event in this day and age.
    Please don't give Marvel ideas for more lazy rehashes.

With the Enigma Force and prep time all it'll take is...

ONE TOUCH!!
    One touch is also how Dad-Morlun killed off Captain Universe Spidey .
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Please don't give Marvel ideas for more lazy rehashes.

One touch is also how Dad-Morlun killed off Captain Universe Spidey .
    1. Like Marvel hasn't already thought it up, lol. But, I will refrain seeing as how they are no doubt watching us for...reasons...

2. I still don't get how Peter let that happen, he knew what the Inheritors were capable of but then suddenly Dad-Morlun shows up and he becomes instantly dumber and allows Dad-Morlun to touch him? Lame!

1. Like Marvel hasn't already thought it up, lol. But, I will refrain seeing as how they are no doubt watching us for...reasons...
    Jokes aside I'm not even sure they would really manage to do it, heroes are more isolated nowadays than before, and part of the point of Acts of Vengeance is having heroes fight villains they usually don't.

Was funny how F4 had a running gag where other villains tried to attack them, and they barely noticed it lol.

2. I still don't get how Peter let that happen, he knew what the Inheritors were capable of but then suddenly Dad-Morlun shows up and he becomes instantly dumber and allows Dad-Morlun to touch him? Lame!
    His dialogue does show he didn't think the Morluns were strong enough to deal with the Uni Power ("One or a thousand. Doesn't Matter. Not against me."), which's a fair enough assumption to make.

He was still too careless though, and even if we say he got lazy after having Uni Power for at least a few years, his Spider-Sense should've warned him that Dad-Morlun is a big threat (And dialogue does indicate he still has it), not to mention that he should be suspicious of them just invading his universe.

But hey, it's a story by Slott, and he has a really bad habit of making characters way more competent or incompetent if the plot requires it.

He ain't even the only hilariously nerfed Spider in that event too, Assassin Spidey is from a What If about Spider-Man vs Wolverine, and his Spider-Sense evolved to the point he was an actual precog (As in, knew people would attack him days before it happens, or if they even think about doing so), and he lost all of that in that event and was basically "Spider-Punisher" lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Jokes aside I'm not even sure they would really manage to do it, heroes are more isolated nowadays than before, and part of the point of Acts of Vengeance is having heroes fight villains they usually don't.

Was funny how F4 had a running gag where other villains tried to attack them, and they barely noticed it lol.

His dialogue does show he didn't think the Morluns were strong enough to deal with the Uni Power ("One or a thousand. Doesn't Matter. Not against me."), which's a fair enough assumption to make.

He was still too careless though, and even if we say he got lazy after having Uni Power for at least a few years, his Spider-Sense should've warned him that Dad-Morlun is a big threat (And dialogue does indicate he still has it), not to mention that he should be suspicious of them just invading his universe.

But hey, it's a story by Slott, and he has a really bad habit of making characters way more competent or incompetent if the plot requires it.

He ain't even the only hilariously nerfed Spider in that event too, Assassin Spidey is from a What If about Spider-Man vs Wolverine, and his Spider-Sense evolved to the point he was an actual precog (As in, knew people would attack him days before it happens, or if they even think about doing so), and he lost all of that in that event and was basically "Spider-Punisher" lol.
    1. You've got a point, things are just not the same as they once were. It's probably for the best that they don't attempt to find out whether it can be done or not.

2. Ugh...Slott...that sums up all I have to say about that! lol

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    in all out avengers issue 5 today Peter was fighting the Avengers did a pretty good job
    The actual characterization was a little bit off, but it was a big breath of fresh air to see him fighting so competently. It’d be unimaginable to see him doing so well in a three-on-one against Captain America, Black Panther, and Blade in the main book right now.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan View Post
    The actual characterization was a little bit off, but it was a big breath of fresh air to see him fighting so competently. It’d be unimaginable to see him doing so well in a three-on-one against Captain America, Black Panther, and Blade in the main book right now.
    Which one of the three will rescue Spider-Man first?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by rward777 View Post
    Which one of the three will rescue Spider-Man first?
    Nah, only Norman or ReKrap can rescue Spider-Man

Quote Originally Posted by TinkerSpider View Post
    Nah, only Norman or ReKrap can rescue Spider-Man
    This...this is why you aren't supposed to do drugs, kids.

Drugs. Not even once.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan View Post
    Lemme guess. Spider-man gets beaten up by the three, then escapes by dumb luck.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by rward777 View Post
    Lemme guess. Spider-man gets beaten up by the three, then escapes by dumb luck.
    Are you asking what happened in the All-Out Avengers book or are you speculating what would happen if such a thing were in the main book?
    Because he does pretty well for himself, including a cool moment where he laughs off a direct haymaker from Blade.