Page 84 of 84 FirstFirst ... 34748081828384
Results 1,246 to 1,252 of 1252
    Ultimate Member

I think that is actually Wanda and not Lorna, just in a green outfit...

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    I think that is actually Wanda and not Lorna, just in a green outfit...
    Didn't notice at first, but.... doesn't have green hair. Hmm......

Yeah, it's a reference to the miscolored X-Men #4 cover.

Merry Christmas Lorna fans .

Polaris on the cover of issue #2 of Fall of the House of X means she’s probably the main character of the issue. That also means she’s most likely at the end of issue #1 next week! I really hope she has a great landing as Krakoa ends and it sets her up for more in the next era!

I cant wait to see how she is utilized in FOX

Bleeding Cool announced that many comic shops were accidentally mailed large numbers of Fall of the House of X early and then they put them on sale early. Needless to say they have ended up on social media which for those who want to avoid spoilers might want to avoid looking at for the next several days. Also, obviously this thread is spoiler free until the official day and date.

What I am going to say without getting into spoilers is that I was accused last month of wanting a 'villainous' Lorna. What I will say is the x-books have long (since at least the late 70s) had three categories of character. The actual villains both human, machine, and mutants as well like Sinister, Poccy, Sabertooth, Malice. I have never argued Lorna should be in this category.

Post Silver Age Magneto has been the ultimate and perhaps globally best-known representation of the middle ground character (sometimes the warrior and sometimes the manipulator) and ushered in under the Claremont the whole notion of two sides to the same coin of the mutant rights struggle.

Finally there has been the hero that ascribes to a higher order of virtue. Xavier was the original symbol of that, though, over time he has been eclipsed by his greatest acolyte Jean.

I said at the time, and I will say again now that Devil's Reign X-Men had it right with Emma the manipulator, Jean the heroic peace maker, Lorna the warrior. The manipulator can be heroic at times, but never the hero. The warrior can be heroic at times too, but never truly the hero either namely because the warrior has to end life and the hero like Jean and for DC Superman and Batman ascribes to a higher order of morality and ethics. That doesn't mean the warrior is the villain though.
    Last edited by jmc247; 12-30-2023 at 11:00 AM.