Page 71 of 84 FirstFirst ... 216167686970717273747581 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,065 of 1252
    Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GoingGreen View Post
    She wasn't shown during the Mutant Massacre - she was in college in New Mexico at the time. Right after the Mutant Massacre, she was possessed by Malice (who had just possessed Dazzler during the Mutant Massacre) and joined the Marauders.

Yeah, I definitely would've loved to see writers explore Polaris' survivor's guilt and PTSD in a more accurate, less sociopathic / psychotic way than the way it was portrayed after Genosha.

That said, with X-Men #28 and Sunfire's status, and following Polaris' role / implied connection to the first Pestilence in X of Swords, I can see something interesting in the works for her, hopefully...
    Very much hoping for this as well. I've always wanted that thread of Lorna's connection to Apocalypse to be picked up again one day, and having Lorna and Shiro on a team with A would be exciting. Not really expecting it to happen, but I'd love if it did.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    Very much hoping for this as well. I've always wanted that thread of Lorna's connection to Apocalypse to be picked up again one day, and having Lorna and Shiro on a team with A would be exciting. Not really expecting it to happen, but I'd love if it did.
    Only if she is not mind controlled. If she is possessed again it’s not Lorna, but a puppet facsimile that says nothing about the character and does not advance her story.

Chris Claremont shoved on Lorna the epic failure of all pathos that of the mind controlled loser character. Writers continuing that tradition have only aided in the failure of the character.

I have no problem with her going to war after the Gala. But, if she is possessed it’s not Lorna. I can not stress it enough how much possession has screwed the character and contributed to her failure vs characters allowed to own the not always great things they do including Jean whose arc was corruption not mind control.

If Lorna is pissed off and wants revenge for the last genocide that could be a good story. If Lorna is Poccy’s slave again lol no.
    Last edited by jmc247; 11-02-2023 at 06:58 AM.

Hopefully, Lorna will be showcased in the new Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver series next year.

Last edited by jmc247; 11-06-2023 at 12:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    Only if she is not mind controlled. If she is possessed again it’s not Lorna, but a puppet facsimile that says nothing about the character and does not advance her story.

Chris Claremont shoved on Lorna the epic failure of all pathos that of the mind controlled loser character. Writers continuing that tradition have only aided in the failure of the character.

I have no problem with her going to war after the Gala. But, if she is possessed it’s not Lorna. I can not stress it enough how much possession has screwed the character and contributed to her failure vs characters allowed to own the not always great things they do including Jean whose arc was corruption not mind control.

If Lorna is pissed off and wants revenge for the last genocide that could be a good story. If Lorna is Poccy’s slave again lol no.
    I really don't think anyone anywhere is advocating for Polaris to be possessed or mind-controlled again, lol.
    Queen of Mutants, Mistress of Magnetism, Magnetrix and the MII, Pestilence of the Horsemen of Apocalypse, the Krakoan Oracle and creator of the Sanctus Sacrum Tournament Key, the Threshold Seed Shaper, Brood Queen of the Fall of the House of X, Lorna Sally Dane, Ph.D., of the House of M, Polaris of the X-Men

I really don't think anyone anywhere is advocating for Polaris to be possessed or mind-controlled again, lol.
    Last I checked I didn’t accuse any fan of wanting that. I was saying what such a storyline would end up as following Poccy unless it’s her decision which is the sort of storyline Marvel has been adverse to doing with Lorna for quite awhile now.

Last I checked I didn’t accuse any fan of wanting that. I was saying what such a storyline would end up as following Poccy unless it’s her decision which is the sort of storyline Marvel has been adverse to doing with Lorna for quite awhile now.
    Okay, can we please put our dukes down in here? I wasn't suggesting you accused someone of something. I'm saying "we're in agreement" - no one wants to see Polaris possessed or mind-controlled again.
    Queen of Mutants, Mistress of Magnetism, Magnetrix and the MII, Pestilence of the Horsemen of Apocalypse, the Krakoan Oracle and creator of the Sanctus Sacrum Tournament Key, the Threshold Seed Shaper, Brood Queen of the Fall of the House of X, Lorna Sally Dane, Ph.D., of the House of M, Polaris of the X-Men

Okay, can we please put our dukes down in here? I wasn't suggesting you accused someone of something. I'm saying "we're in agreement" - no one wants to see Polaris possessed or mind-controlled again.
    That we can agree with yes.

It’s irritating because we have had hints for nearly a year about a story arc with Lorna and still nothing there as yet. Whatever happens is in the can, no changing that, but if it matters or not with a likely reset of some kind for new era coming is far less certain.

VAMPIRE AVENGERS (Earth-3931) Profile
    Membership: Captain America, Falcon, Giant-Man, Hawkeye, Wasp and Polaris

Exiles (2001)

https://uncannyxmen.net/groups/vampi...ers-earth-3931

The MCU is getting ready to adapt the X-Men for film and the question then becomes what era is best to adapt from a Lorna prospective?

Astonishing Member

I'd go with her debut. There was so much potential there that was never realized for a couple of reasons. Roy Thomas took over the series and immediately used his common trope of having Lorna's powers fail when he took over. And soon after the series was cancelled, and Lorna would only show up in Incredible Hulk 150 (out of costume) and in a cameo in Captain America's Secret Empire story (seen from a distance).

Truth to tell, I dont' have much confidence in MCU these days.

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    I'd go with her debut. There was so much potential there that was never realized for a couple of reasons. Roy Thomas took over the series and immediately used his common trope of having Lorna's powers fail when he took over. And soon after the series was cancelled, and Lorna would only show up in Incredible Hulk 150 (out of costume) and in a cameo in Captain America's Secret Empire story (seen from a distance).

Truth to tell, I dont' have much confidence in MCU these days.
    The MCU is heading in the toilet yes for a whole bunch of reasons.

They might be able to right the ship, but haven’t shown they are able. They are oversaturated and floundering post Endgame. Secret Wars was not the right crossover to head towards. If they think Wandavision was a replacement for House of M they are beyond foolish.

Anyway in my view the theme of the classic story was fine of a battle over a young girls future with friends vs dad, but they screwed up the dismount from the story. I will say I don’t believe Lorna has a place on the X-Men in the MCU as they are probably going to go for the TAS cast. I imagine the X-Men and Brotherhood ending up friends and working together is probably the best outcome for Lorna.

The MCU is heading in the toilet yes for a whole bunch of reasons.

They might be able to right the ship, but haven’t shown they are able. They are oversaturated and floundering post Endgame. Secret Wars was not the right crossover to head towards. If they think Wandavision was a replacement for House of M they are beyond foolish.

Anyway in my view the theme of the classic story was fine of a battle over a young girls future with friends vs dad, but they screwed up the dismount from the story. I will say I don’t believe Lorna has a place on the X-Men in the MCU as they are probably going to go for the TAS cast. I imagine the X-Men and Brotherhood ending up friends and working together is probably the best outcome for Lorna.
    I don't watch MCU movies and I really don't care about what happens in them.

But I'm afraid that you are correct as to which characters will be used in them. And that could lead to which characters are used in the comics. Which would be terrible for me seeing as Lorna and many of my other favorites are not likely to appear in TAS or the MCU.

Quote Originally Posted by Thievery View Post
    I don't watch MCU movies and I really don't care about what happens in them.

But I'm afraid that you are correct as to which characters will be used in them. And that could lead to which characters are used in the comics. Which would be terrible for me seeing as Lorna and many of my other favorites are not likely to appear in TAS or the MCU.
    I think there is a route for her in both TAS and live action, but it’s more of The Gifted season one route of her being allied with and fighting with the X-Men.

They might go the mind controlled villain route which would be a disaster for her and probably make certain any push outside the comics or inside is stillborn. Marvel would love to make mind control work to have certain pre-listed white hats do bad things without any stakes because it isn’t them doing it. But, audiences aren’t stupid they understand when a story has no stakes for the characters involved.
    Last edited by jmc247; 11-04-2023 at 08:03 PM.

I lost track of The Gifted after season 1, but if Lorna does get to appear in movies that I won't be watching than I hope that she is portrayed as she was in The Gifted. I liked how she was written in that show, and it might lead to her character becoming closer to that in the comics. I should say that I am somewhat in the minority in that for the most part I haven't minded her portrayals in the Krakoan age.