Page 2 of 84 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast
    BANNED

I would love to find out how Lorna was really connected to Zaladane since it subsequently turned out that she wasn’t a biological Dane.

BANNED

My favourite era for Polaris was 1987-1993. 90s X-Factor is my favourite X-Factor, and I loved her dynamic within the group. I also enjoyed her return to X-Factor in the 2005 series. She and Havok are also part of my Top 5 favorite Marvel couples.

Quote Originally Posted by KyleWayne View Post
    I would love to find out how Lorna was really connected to Zaladane since it subsequently turned out that she wasn’t a biological Dane.
    That's really not even on the radar anymore. The X-Men office not only made Lorna's history with Genosha into a much higher priority than it already was, they now added a new priority of needing to acknowledge Magneto's death.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    That's really not even on the radar anymore. The X-Men office not only made Lorna's history with Genosha into a much higher priority than it already was, they now added a new priority of needing to acknowledge Magneto's death.
    It’s on the radar for me. It’s one of those loose ends I really want explored and resolved. Full disclosure, I know nothing about what’s happened to Lorna since 1993, so my frame of reference is further back than most.

EDIT: Not entirely true. I know they went back to her Magneto paternity, and I read her in 2005’s X-Factor and All-New X-Factor.

Zala was also related to Magneto like we saw before he killed her. She could have been Anya...
    For all your Rogue needs, give us a visit!
    https://www.facebook.com/BringBackBrawlinRogueSugah

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    There is a very long list of things Marvel needs to do with Lorna.

The most obvious yes is deal with the fallout of Magneto's death and of course the re-emergence of Genosha and her history with the island.

The lack of understanding of who she is and what motivates her very much is central to her problem. That all ties into her history. One doesn't really know who Lorna is at all when you start subtracting parts of the character.
    Last edited by jmc247; 01-03-2023 at 05:29 PM.

It’s on the radar for me. It’s one of those loose ends I really want explored and resolved. Full disclosure, I know nothing about what’s happened to Lorna since 1993, so my frame of reference is further back than most.

EDIT: Not entirely true. I know they went back to her Magneto paternity, and I read her in 2005’s X-Factor and All-New X-Factor.
    Some very big things have happened with Lorna since when you last read her, and except for Magneto paternity, none of them were addressed by Peter David.

The biggest is the Genoshan genocide. I'm assuming you've heard that it happened. What you may not know is that Lorna is not only a survivor, she had some major developments before, during, and because of that experience.

Before the genocide happened, Lorna acted as Magneto's right hand woman - without knowing he was her father. While his powers were weakening, she posed as him in public (via image inducer) and used her powers at times when Magneto would have. She learned Magneto was her father, and was greeted by Genosha's citizens as a sovereign princess, literally right before the genocide happened.

So to recap, she had built up an identity and presence on Genosha where she really belonged... and then those over 16 million people were murdered right in front of her, and she was unable to stop it. But worse for her, not only did she experience it, she relived that horror nonstop until the X-Men found her in the ruins and pulled her out of them.

That's what the images I posted on the first page are all about. She had the final moments of millions of people running nonstop in and around her. Naturally, that experience gave her PTSD and brought about some big changes to her thoughts, feelings and experiences of the world. That's where the other images of Lorna arguing with Xavier are from. They demonstrate her development as a person in the wake of a mutant genocide she couldn't stop and had to relive for who knows how long before the X-Men found her.

The X-Men office intends to have stories that involve the Genoshan genocide this year. The X-Men office has also spent the past ~15 years acting like Lorna wasn't there, or like it's something she just conveniently forgot about. Because apparently Lorna doesn't care about the millions of Genoshans that died all around her, but then would become a complete wreck the instant a single random mutant she doesn't know dies near her.

That's why I said what I did. There are much bigger issues for her that need to be acknowledged and addressed first. Genosha was and is the most pivotal moment of Lorna's life. Nothing can compare.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

BANNED

That seems like a very dark version of the character.

That seems like a very dark version of the character.
    It's hard not to be dark after experiencing that kind of horror. At least for a while.

Keep in mind there are many directions a character, like a person, can take in their lives as they have new experiences and learn and grow from them. But regardless, what remains consistent is that people don't forget the major moments in their lives. Those moments shape how they see the world and what they do. A moment like Genosha would be something remembered every day of your life in one way or another, not forgotten for over 15 years.

BANNED

If they explore it, so be it. It’s just not my cup of tea and I wouldn’t read it. Afterwards they can circle back to Lorna and her connection to the Savage Land.

Astonishing Member

That's probably been swept under the rug unless a future writer wants to tackle it. The best guess would be that Zala Dane was also Dane in name only ans was somehow related to Lorna's mom as well.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    That's probably been swept under the rug unless a future writer wants to tackle it. The best guess would be that Zala Dane was also Dane in name only ans was somehow related to Lorna's mom as well.
    Yes. I loved Zala Dane as a villainous and as Lorna’s arch enemy.
    She’s probably the only main X-villain that has never been brought back yet.
    Maybe the next time the Savage Land ever gets focused on, they can bring her back. She has worshippers after all.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    I’d love to see her brought back in a Claremont-penned Savage Land miniseries. Ideally a present day mini but they could do a flashback set after the Muir Island Saga and prior to Lorna joining X-Factor.

That stands to this day as one of the most powerful stories Marvel produced.
    Last edited by jmc247; 01-06-2023 at 03:14 PM.