Page 4 of 84 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by PolarIceFire View Post

ALWAYS tryin' to reach & stay in that ZEN place...
    Hahaha, yes, stay ZEN! It's too early in the year to lose it yet.

Just what was Lorna feeling? Radio waves? Cosmic rays? Magnetic particles?

What did Lorna see in space? What is coming to Earth?
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Hahaha, yes, stay ZEN! It's too early in the year to lose it yet.

Just what was Lorna feeling? Radio waves? Cosmic rays? Magnetic particles?

What did Lorna see in space? What is coming to Earth?
    Doop.

(This isn't a joke post, that's the literal answer. This was Peter Milligan's run, and he decided to make a multi-issue arc centered around....Doop.)

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    Doop.

(This isn't a joke post, that's the literal answer. This was Peter Milligan's run, and he decided to make a multi-issue arc centered around....Doop.)
    Thanks for the explanation (as I would have thought it was a joke posting). Huh. Doop and the X-Men.

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Polaris Sketch David Yardin Evolution Source David Yardin Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post

Beautiful Lorna!!

The colorization is perfect and Lorna's hair and eyes stand out.

More Lorna incoming

Im grateful that despite losing her place in X-men, she continues to be used

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    More Lorna incoming

Same! The cover looks to be cool as hell! Could this be for the new Uncanny Avengers book or whatever it is?
    For all your Rogue needs, give us a visit!
    https://www.facebook.com/BringBackBrawlinRogueSugah

There isn't enough about this for me to have an opinion as yet.

The presence of Nightcrawler and Juggernaut in a previous image the artist posted probably of the same cover tells me it's probably from Si Spurrier. He is a good writer and I have liked what he has done to date.

What I will say is my view on the illusion of change concept failing with Lorna hasn't changed. There are massive issues that can't just be swept under the rug that need to be dealt with to move her story forward.

Jordan White said Magneto's words matter greatly for Fall of X with Sentinels over the ghost of what looks like Genosha in the background.

Can Lorna be more then pretty filler or someone's love interest to a big divide related to mutant issues if her own history with epic horror enacted to mutants by Sentinels isn't treated as part of her story? While I will hope for the best, I am very disillusioned with her story to be honest.
    Last edited by jmc247; 01-25-2023 at 08:20 PM.

More Lorna incoming

I honestly don't care at all anymore unless the X-Men office is ready to acknowledge and use Lorna's experience with Genosha, particularly the genocide. Without that happening, I might care a little more if JDW leaves or is fired.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post

Just lovely, truly. The face seemed familiar & recognizable to me, instantly, but as of yet... I still can't quite place it, w/any sort of real assurance.

My thoughts recently, are of it being yet another depiction using actress Ana de Armas as a direct, model reference and/or at least...

her image as influence, like artists Lukas Werneck & Bruno Abdias have, in the not-too-distant past.

BANNED

More Lorna incoming

This is interesting. I have no real speculation as to what it could be for. The artist is indeed Francesco Manna, @Instagram.com:

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cn11YnwsKOr/?hl=en
    francesco.manna.official
    A little preview of one of the funniest cover I’ve done traditionally! 😀😀 #preview #cover #inkwash #marvel #nightcrawler #psylocke
    Wish she would've been featured more prominently like Kurt & Kwannon are, and been #tagged too, but it's still encouraging.

Over in the 'Upcoming Art Teases' thread, the figure on our right of her, seems to be generating the most guesses as to their I.D. Like some of them, my 1st thought was a tank like Colossus or one of the Proudstar brothers. Gentle was also mentioned, as was upcoming, new SoS character, Ironfire. Then finally, a few started settling on it being Cyclops, w/the pose itself lending additional credence to that. The ridged banding on the forearm & wrist, along with an overall shiny, armor-like quality to the body, also led me to wondering... Tony Stark, IRON MAN?!

Other observations were of the "big head" neXt to her, and there appears to be another figure below that, toward the left edge. Who could be...

https://www.instagram.com/p/CnM3J4Jsjxy/?hl=en
    francesco.manna.official
    Happy new year everyone!! So long missing from here! New cover’s coming!! About what!?!?!! #marvel #cover #inkwash
    JUGGERNAUT, in -- a seemingly related -- previous image posted, as JMC mentions, making it something...
    to do w/Si Spurrier, a very logical assumption.

OF NOTE, as you can see:

there's at least 2 MORE MYSTERY CHARACTERS, that also have yet to be revealed.

Other thoughts were the "big head" being Capt. Krakoa (AKA... Steve ROGERS?!... is what I've been thinkin' lately), likely making this...
    for an Uncanny AVENGERS/Mighty X-MEN title?

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

More Lorna incoming

Don't know what this could be for, but I'm excited at the prospects of Lorna finding a new home.

I'm really thrilled to see the potential of Polaris/Kwannon being on the same team. I've long thought that these two women should be close given their histories. Both have had periods of times where they have lost their agency, and now work to be in in control of their own lives. A really strong rapport can happen between these two IMO, and I'd love to see how writers can forge this friendship, and explore their shared trauma while moving ahead in life. No guarantee something like this could happen, but I really feel that it would be such a missed opportunity, if indeed Lorna and Psylocke are working together.

A lot of people think this could be Uncanny Avengers, and while I'm not thrilled with that title, I'm always going to follow Lorna's story. Really hoping that Duggan might get the chance to write this, and if so, I'd be happy to see him write Polaris again.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    I honestly don't care at all anymore unless the X-Men office is ready to acknowledge and use Lorna's experience with Genosha, particularly the genocide. Without that happening, I might care a little more if JDW leaves or is fired.
    I honestly don't see that happening, so I would either let it go -- or let if drag you down.

Quote Originally Posted by PolarIceFire View Post
    Other thoughts were the "big head" being Capt. Krakoa (AKA... Steve ROGERS?!... is what I've been thinkin' lately), likely making this...
    for an Uncanny AVENGERS/Mighty X-MEN title?
    I am 90% sure it's the same cover. As such I am mostly sure the issue is either the unraveled artist variant cover for Sins of Sinister Nightcrawlers #3 or Legion of X #11 (or a relaunch of the same title).

Spurrier is a continuity strong writer that might be able to save her from her hole. Fall of X is going to be very big. The key will be if they are willing to deal with her feelings about mutant-human issues as all signs point to it being front and center for Fall of X.
    Last edited by jmc247; 01-28-2023 at 09:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    I honestly don't see that happening, so I would either let it go -- or let if drag you down.
    I’m sticking with calling attention to the issue, spreading awareness of both this part of Lorna’s history and how bad it is that the X-Men office (and White in particular) keeps refusing to acknowledge it.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)