Page 5 of 84 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    I’m sticking with calling attention to the issue, spreading awareness of both this part of Lorna’s history and how bad it is that the X-Men office (and White in particular) keeps refusing to acknowledge it.
    I defended them at the start of the House of X era arguing you were hitting them too hard and that they would get to it. I regret that now after the terrible Empyre X-Men bait and switch.

Lorna cannot successfully stand next to Wanda, Jean, Storm, and the tons of other characters who matter as long as she isn't allowed a motivation.

I am not sure what is worse Lorna forgetting she survived a genocide or Lorna going AWOL upon her father's death and publishing at best putting that on the backburner for a year. Oh, publishing will get to her dealing with his death eventually, but the Magneto legacy story by that point in time will be entirely owned by other characters as far as fans are conserned which has been done rather intentionally.
    Last edited by jmc247; 01-28-2023 at 09:29 PM.

BANNED

MCU: 9 X-Men Heroes Who Marvel Studios Should Introduce First, @theDIRECT.com

By Russ Milheim, Posted: January 16, 2023

The X-Men have a long list of characters that fans are dying to see enter the MCU, but which should Marvel focus on first?

Marvel Studios creative executive Nate Moore stated in late 2022 that the company "might be a few years out from the X-Men" in the MCU. However, that hasn't stopped the universe from mutant-centric teases.

The first time an MCU project confirmed the existence of a mutant was Kamala Khan in Ms. Marvel’s finale. Then Black Panther: Wakanda Forever came along and casually revealed Namor as being one himself.

The integration of the X-Gene has only just begun—but moving forward, there are very specific characters who deserve priority on making it into the MCU.

X-Men Marvel Studios Should Consider First

Honorable Mentions

Marvel

Before getting to the core of this list, it’s best to start with three important, honorable mentions: James Howlett aka Wolverine, Charles Xavier aka Professor X, and Erik Lehnsherr aka Magneto.

Why aren’t these on the core list? Well, because they are obvious choices for Marvel Studios to bring in, and they will almost certainly make the cut.

But who knows—maybe Marvel will surprise everyone and give those insanely popular characters some space after their former actors likely have a last hurrah in Avengers: Secret Wars.

If Marvel Studios does throw a curve ball and avoids creating a new version of someone such as Wolverine, exploring the idea of a grown-up X-23 would be an interesting direction to go in. ...

6.) Polaris

Marvel

Despite once being the star of her show (Fox’s late series, The Gifted), the magnetic field-controlling Polaris remains a head-scratchingly niche character in X-Men lore.

Which is super odd, especially considering that she is Magneto’s daughter.

Adding her to the MCU could be the perfect play. While Wanda and Pietro may have once been known to be the children of the iconic X-Men villain, that connection is not likely something Marvel will retcon away in the future.

Instead, however, creatives can bring all of that attention to Polaris and give her the story and complex character work she deserves. ...
    Last edited by PolarIceFire; 01-28-2023 at 05:00 PM.

Ugh, I have had enough of Magneto in the films.

I want to see Lorna introduced! Lorna is just so much more interesting to me.

It is about time, Marvel!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

The issue Lorna has in the films is rather simple and it's all about the roles that exist.

The core X-Men cast is almost certainly going to not include her. Among the core x-women... Storm, Jean, Rogue and maybe Kitty or Laura will make it.

Lorna has two ways into the films. First if they don't use Magneto leaving her room to fill his thematic shoes in her own way. This could be similar to The Gifted season #1 approach or have her in more of an authority position which season #2 didn't do. The other way is Magneto in the MCU is treated less like he was in the Fox films and more like his very old school version or how the MCU treated Thanos. That means Magneto isn't the guy going out to meet the Avengers or X-Men its Lorna he sends.

The overall problem Lorna has in the MCU is Magneto. If they include middle ground ambiguous Magneto like the Fox films Lorna is probably screwed. To work she needs Magneto either AWOL or treated as an aloof boss/king character.

The comics have been no help the past 15 years in seeding stories the MCU might be able to use for Lorna. Some of that was clearly intentional in that they didn't want to give good ideas to Fox when they had the film rights. Some of it less intentional in that the comics haven't given any love at all to the activist/militant side of Lorna's character (outside of blink and you'll miss it AU stories) which is the most likely route he has in the MCU.

The films don't have the bandwidth that the comics have to spend making a role for her as a side x-character that sometimes swings to the X-Men's aid. Lorna the mutant activist with a complicated relationship with the X-Men (think Jean's good friend, but also adversary) or Lorna as Magneto's right hand (who might later leave his side) are really the only two lanes open for the character on the Silver Screen.
    Last edited by jmc247; 01-28-2023 at 09:10 PM.

Couldn't they introduce Lorna as a character that Prof X knew and trained in the past, but Lorna decided she was not the student type and decided to leave after soon arriving? Lorna would be a young adult when she left and is still young in her 20's.
    Last edited by Phoenixx9; 01-28-2023 at 07:47 PM.

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

BANNED

https://twitter.com/79SemiFinalist/s...89049887461376
    KELLY THOMPSON
    @79SemiFinalist

😍😍😍 @SergioDavila007 absolutely killing it on our #CaptainMarvel run. I mean, just look at this very serious and very handsome #Gambit 🙌 🙌 🙌

https://twitter.com/79SemiFinalist/s...03659963678722
    KELLY THOMPSON
    @79SemiFinalist

Low key one of my favorite little moments from the new #CaptainMarvel 46 (out 2/15) #gambit #hazmat #polaris #wolverine Art by the incredible #JavierPina and colors by the awesome @nitro_yen 😍🙌😍🙌

Yes, I'm having fun. Thank you for asking. 😉

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Ugh, I have had enough of Magneto in the films.

I want to see Lorna introduced! Lorna is just so much more interesting to me.

It is about time, Marvel!
    This was my 12,000th post and I did it here on Lorna's thread!

You know I want me some green-haired-magnetic-powered Lorna Dane Polaris in the New MCU!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    I defended them at the start of the House of X era arguing you were hitting them too hard and that they would get to it. I regret that now after the terrible Empyre X-Men bait and switch.

Lorna cannot successfully stand next to Wanda, Jean, Storm, and the tons of other characters who matter as long as she isn't allowed a motivation.
    Offhand, I don't know what motivates any of those characters beyond the desire to improve mutant/human relations and just help people in general. Being that she's often shied away from X-Men, it seems she's contemplate just living her life without being Polaris. But until Polaris is used more often -- and has stability in an ongoing series, I think what motivates her is moot.

I don't really follow X-Books these days, so not really sure if Genosha is still a factor or something forgotten.

Astonishing Member

Regarding MCU X-Men, I hope they don't copy what Fox did. Those movies were basically Wolverine, Xavier and Magneto -- over and over. I loved Jean Grey in X2, but X3 was crap.

I'd see Lorna not having any presence in the initial X-Men lineup -- but probably showing up in a later phase as the group membership changes. Maybe have her and Mags show up together -- and then have her break off with him to join the X-Men.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

To me, I think the MCU will probably have Polaris take the place of Wanda/Pietro in the original Brotherhood lineup. It makes the most sense given that the Scarlet Witch is going in a different direction in the films, and with Lorna being the only biological child remaining, her taking the place of Pietro and Wanda works. You get the same drama you would have before. Then you can eventually have Polaris join the X-Men, and create some tension given her parentage, and history with their opposition.

Really feels like the MCU can utilize Lorna in fashion a lot of wishes the comics could, and given the synergy between the two, it could lead to Polaris' big break that she needs.

I actually think that Lorna has a stronger case to be in the MCU considering that Wanda and Pietro arent Magneto's kids in that universe (and already arent in 616). There is material to play with having a child of one of the X-men's greatest villians that Lorna can easily be utilized for.

Not a comic series, but one of the Marvel RPG books.

As for the films as I said Lorna has an easy in as Gamora and Nebula did if they make Magneto a Thanos level X-Men big bad which he has not been in the comics since the start of the 00s and wasn't in the films after the first movie which came out when Lorna was on Genosha and her parentage hadn't been restored at that point.

If Magneto is in middle ground anti-hero form is extremely bad Lorna unless they decide to go the youth revolutionary route with her to contrast the established old hand. Lorna's best bet is a similar role to the one Magneto had in the Fox x-films as a character who can go both ways. I don't think Lorna fandom should bank on the MCU turning Magneto into the X-Men's Thanos which obviously would punch Lorna's meal ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    Offhand, I don't know what motivates any of those characters beyond the desire to improve mutant/human relations and just help people in general. Being that she's often shied away from X-Men, it seems she's contemplate just living her life without being Polaris. But until Polaris is used more often -- and has stability in an ongoing series, I think what motivates her is moot.
    I don't really follow X-Books these days, so not really sure if Genosha is still a factor or something forgotten.
    The Krakoa era thrust Genosha back into the forefront of things for alot of characters. Its returning as a storyline in Marauders and it looks like they will resurrect it. Magneto just died in an attempted genocide which they haven't let Lorna respond to.

As for what motivates Jean. The DPS was hanging over the character all of Duggan X-Men and the desire to make up for that. Wanda wants to make up for House of M. I can go on and on, but successful characters like Magneto who has the Holocaust have a strong motivation. Lorna has a strong motivation built into her story and one better than most X-Men. Publishing knows it too which is why they ignore and try to write over it.

Duggan restored some of Lorna's competence as a character and princess persona, but the rest of the character needed serious work and was cast off just as she was moving forward a bit.
    Last edited by jmc247; 02-03-2023 at 09:34 PM.

still pretty art! shame it's not a new team book
    For all your Rogue needs, give us a visit!
    https://www.facebook.com/BringBackBrawlinRogueSugah

As for the films as I said Lorna has an easy in as Gamora and Nebula did if they make Magneto a Thanos level X-Men big bad which he has not been in the comics since the start of the 00s and wasn't in the films after the first movie which came out when Lorna was on Genosha and her parentage hadn't been restored at that point.

If Magneto is in middle ground anti-hero form is extremely bad Lorna unless they decide to go the youth revolutionary route with her to contrast the established old hand. Lorna's best bet is a similar role to the one Magneto had in the Fox x-films as a character who can go both ways. I don't think Lorna fandom should bank on the MCU turning Magneto into the X-Men's Thanos which obviously would punch Lorna's meal ticket.

The Krakoa era thrust Genosha back into the forefront of things for alot of characters. Its returning as a storyline in Marauders and it looks like they will resurrect it. Magneto just died in an attempted genocide which they haven't let Lorna respond to.

As for what motivates Jean. The DPS was hanging over the character all of Duggan X-Men and the desire to make up for that. Wanda wants to make up for House of M. I can go on and on, but successful characters like Magneto who has the Holocaust have a strong motivation. Lorna has a strong motivation built into her story and one better than most X-Men. Publishing knows it too which is why they ignore and try to write over it.

Duggan restored some of Lorna's competence as a character and princess persona, but the rest of the character needed serious work and was cast off just as she was moving forward a bit.
    Wooooooooooooooo! I was going to ask about this---a NEW Table-Top RPG game---but I checked out the link! Very nice!

Even if not a comic series, if done well, this can serve to update Lorna in history, powers/abilities, friends, costumes, etc.

For those who like to compare and contrast characters and what they can do, a well-done RPG helps with that too.

As an X-Men Expansion book, hopefully it will cover a few hundred of the most popular friends and foes. The only downside is the long wait for this book, sometime in 2024. The Core is scheduled for a late summer release and the first module late 2023.

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post

I could see Lorna adopting a new codename, in the vein of Captain Marvel, but doing that would require the X-Men comics office to do a hell of a lot more with her and have a lot more respect for her.

The X-Men office is bringing Genosha up now. They're making it more of a thing than it's been since it happened, but bending over backwards to pretend Lorna had nothing to do with it. They're basically doing everything short of shouting out in the open that they have no respect for her.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    To me, I think the MCU will probably have Polaris take the place of Wanda/Pietro in the original Brotherhood lineup. It makes the most sense given that the Scarlet Witch is going in a different direction in the films, and with Lorna being the only biological child remaining, her taking the place of Pietro and Wanda works. You get the same drama you would have before. Then you can eventually have Polaris join the X-Men, and create some tension given her parentage, and history with their opposition.

Really feels like the MCU can utilize Lorna in fashion a lot of wishes the comics could, and given the synergy between the two, it could lead to Polaris' big break that she needs.
    I actually do think MCU is Lorna's best shot right now. They're more likely to treat her with the kind of respect the comics refuse to give her. And we've seen video games treat Lorna a hell of a lot better than the comics, so we know this problem is specific to the X-Men comics office and Jordan White.

Case in point.

I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)