Page 6 of 84 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post

Not a comic series, but one of the Marvel RPG books.
    Damn. Was really hoping this could've been a new team. Really awesome lineup IMO.

It is cool to see Lorna on merchandise like this though. Of all the characters they could've selected, Polaris being on the cover representing the X-Men is nice.

On the last page of Scarlet Witch 2 there is a letter from Lorna to Wanda, setting up the next issue.

Amazing Member

It's really a crime to have Lorna dropped completely in the last year and especially since Magneto's death. There's simply no good excuse why Polaris wasn't keeping up the momentum she was building when she was back on the x-men team. Ever since that wack Trials of Magneto mini, she hasn't been the same...

Huh! No one is interested in this RPG?

Lorna is one of the featured characters in this X-Men Expansion.

Lorna made the cover, and the artwork looks good. I like that we see Lorna's green energy.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by vbeacon View Post
    It's really a crime to have Lorna dropped completely in the last year and especially since Magneto's death. There's simply no good excuse why Polaris wasn't keeping up the momentum she was building when she was back on the x-men team. Ever since that wack Trials of Magneto mini, she hasn't been the same...
    Her relationship with Magneto was turned into garbage. They compounded their error there with not dealing in a major way with the fallout for Lorna from his death. I have no doubt they will have a word or two from her about his death in the next several months, but that won't hardly cut it.

But, enough about the failures of the publishing side. Marvel Puzzle Quest updated their Lorna with a classic version meaning the real classic version not the shitty Brubaker space arc hand me down.

This would be the first time her classic costume has appeared in any game. I long felt it's a far superior design to her one note green outfit. It has two other colors white, and gold and I will be frank as an outfit it far better exemplifies her duality as a character skull choker and all then the generic green number.

In terms of Marvel games, I put Marvel Puzzle Quest just behind Marvel Super War in terms of explaining Lorna's character, using her best costumes, and all around doing well with her. Almost all of the games much as The Gifted did present a multifaceted Lorna in a way we haven't seen in the comics for two decades.
    Last edited by jmc247; 02-03-2023 at 10:46 AM.

Her relationship with Magneto was turned into garbage. They compounded their error there with not dealing in a major way with the fallout for Lorna from his death. I have no doubt they will have a word or two from her about his death in the next several months, but that won't hardly cut it.
    To be honest, if they do have her say something about it, I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up being another case of what they did during the Iceman solo book. In that book, they just had Lorna sending a text message in the mix of a bunch of other former "love interests" that also sent text messages within a single panel. Hardly the amount of involvement you would expect for a character who was Iceman's first "love interest" (at least within publication chronology, if not universe chronology), especially considering there are people out there who have tried to use Lorna to be anti-gay about Iceman. You'd think Marvel would want to involve Lorna as a way to shut down such talk through her being an ally.

But, once again, Jordan White's biases eclipse all else and ensure good things that should happen never do.

Marvel Puzzle Quest updated their Lorna with a classic version meaning the real classic version not the shitty Brubaker space arc hand me down.

This would be the first time her classic costume has appeared in any game. I long felt it's a far superior design to her one note green outfit. It has two other colors white, and gold and I will be frank as an outfit it far better exemplifies her duality as a character skull choker and all then the generic green number.

In terms of Marvel games, I put Marvel Puzzle Quest just behind Marvel Super War in terms of explaining Lorna's character, using her best costumes, and all around doing well with her. Almost all of the games much as The Gifted did present a multifaceted Lorna in a way we haven't seen in the comics for two decades.
    Glad to see her original costume used for the first time in a video game. Another example of how video games are (for the most part) light years ahead of the comics, while the X-Men comics are trapped in the 90s regarding their attitude toward Lorna. It's been a long time since I last played Puzzle Quest, but now I think I'll need to get on just to buy this if it's still available.

Edit: It's not available anymore. It was an offer about 2 weeks ago and it's not there anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Huh! No one is interested in this RPG?
    While I'm really glad she's in it and featured, tabletop RPGs aren't really my thing, so it doesn't register as much for me as video games and other media. Also, I suspect Jordan White hopes that all the good work in games for Lorna gives him cover to be trash in the comics.
    Last edited by salarta; 02-03-2023 at 11:47 AM.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    While I'm really glad she's in it and featured, tabletop RPGs aren't really my thing, so it doesn't register as much for me as video games and other media. Also, I suspect Jordan White hopes that all the good work in games for Lorna gives him cover to be trash in the comics.
    I know what you mean. It will be interesting to see how they rank Lorna overall in Power and also her Magnetic abilities, let alone how those stats compare to other characters.

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

But, enough about the failures of the publishing side. Marvel Puzzle Quest updated their Lorna with a classic version meaning the real classic version not the shitty Brubaker space arc hand me down.

I love that Lorna's OG green/gold is shown!

Can you show us the 2 other costumes you mention, the white and gold ones?

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I love that Lorna's OG green/gold is shown!

Can you show us the 2 other costumes you mention, the white and gold ones?
    Oh, I meant her classic costume there is aided by the gold of the headgear as well as the white of the skull choker not that there were more versions I have seen yet.

To be honest, if they do have her say something about it, I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up being another case of what they did during the Iceman solo book. In that book, they just had Lorna sending a text message in the mix of a bunch of other former "love interests" that also sent text messages within a single panel. Hardly the amount of involvement you would expect for a character who was Iceman's first "love interest" (at least within publication chronology, if not universe chronology), especially considering there are people out there who have tried to use Lorna to be anti-gay about Iceman. You'd think Marvel would want to involve Lorna as a way to shut down such talk through her being an ally.

But, once again, Jordan White's biases eclipse all else and ensure good things that should happen never do.
    I am expecting an off hand comment or two from her, but making her disappear immediately before his death and then be pawned off to space says all that needs to be said. They have compounded the damage of Trial of Magneto many fold.

In terms of publishing they have been stuck in a deep and dark 90s nostalgia hole with her.

As for the Marvel Puzzle Quest offer I think it will back later this month. The 28th may be the date.
    Last edited by jmc247; 02-03-2023 at 12:08 PM.

Oh, I meant her classic costume there is aided by the gold of the headgear as well as the white of the skull choker not that there were more versions I have seen yet..
    Ah, my mistake. Thank you. (I know you usually show us everything.)

I think they did a very good job, like showing the lacing gold boots, and even the bracketed arm bands (even if I do see Lorna's left hand in gold glove). In truth, I might not have noticed the bracketed gold arm bands as much if I didn't see that gold-gloved left hand, lol.

Hey everyone. don’t post these days, but I’m a big lurker and visit almost daily. Wanted to pop in and drop a little art. I was messing around on Procreate and made a Hellfire Gala concept in honor of the coming X-vote.

While I agree with the overall sentiment that I wish the Krakoan era had delved a bit deeper into Lorna, I just want to say I love the quiet popularity she’s been gaining, I love her new look, and I love how iconic it’s become so quickly. Here’s hoping she starts driving some plots soon.

1558ED87-1A38-4BB9-9406-274C7D301148.jpg

I don’t know why some of the quality gets lost, ugghh
    Queen of Mutants, Mistress of Magnetism, Magnetrix and the MII, Pestilence of the Horsemen of Apocalypse, the Krakoan Oracle and creator of the Sanctus Sacrum Tournament Key, the Threshold Seed Shaper, Brood Queen of the Fall of the House of X, Lorna Sally Dane, Ph.D., of the House of M, Polaris of the X-Men

Okay, so different topic and content than in the past, and I think this is 100% appropriate to post here given she was Polaris' actress on Gifted.

Emma Dumont has been sharing on instagram some of the abuse she's experienced for most of her life at the hands of a parent. I won't say much more than that here, she describes it in her own words on her videos. If you're inclined, I'm sure she'd appreciate more support as she stands up for herself and works through what that parent did to her.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    Okay, so different topic and content than in the past, and I think this is 100% appropriate to post here given she was Polaris' actress on Gifted.

Emma Dumont has been sharing on instagram some of the abuse she's experienced for most of her life at the hands of a parent. I won't say much more than that here, she describes it in her own words on her videos. If you're inclined, I'm sure she'd appreciate more support as she stands up for herself and works through what that parent did to her.
    She always seemed traumatized to me, but friends who watched the show did not see it. Even when she smiles, I can see that something is not right.

Sad she had to experience this trauma, and I hope she has gotten/is getting help to deal with it.

https://twitter.com/MarvelTVcomfort/...18899259047936

Quote Originally Posted by GoingGreen View Post
    Hey everyone. don’t post these days, but I’m a big lurker and visit almost daily. Wanted to pop in and drop a little art. I was messing around on Procreate and made a Hellfire Gala concept in honor of the coming X-vote.

While I agree with the overall sentiment that I wish the Krakoan era had delved a bit deeper into Lorna, I just want to say I love the quiet popularity she’s been gaining, I love her new look, and I love how iconic it’s become so quickly. Here’s hoping she starts driving some plots soon.

1558ED87-1A38-4BB9-9406-274C7D301148.jpg

I don’t know why some of the quality gets lost, ugghh
    Nice piece of art. Very reminiscent of the very early Austen era. Lorna in that era had a very tough exterior, but her softer interior shone through at key moments letting you know she cared. In terms of this era, I have felt Thompson and Duggan have gotten a tiny bit of that, but Lorna's lacking any real political motivation, drive, or connection to her history. The events of Judgement Day and how similar they are to past events she went through are apparent as is the lack of impact as yet to her story.
    Last edited by jmc247; 02-07-2023 at 05:48 AM.