Page 389 of 410 FirstFirst ... 289339379385386387388389390391392393399 ... LastLast
Results 5,821 to 5,835 of 6148
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post

JACKPOT AND BLACK CAT #1 (OF 4)
    Written by CELESTE BRONFMAN
    Art by EMILIO LAISO
    Cover by ADAM HUGHES
    On Sale 3/27

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...n-emilio-laiso
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuck View Post
    Aw, crap. This is going to actually sell.
    Believe me, I hate the idea as much as you do. The whole "Jackpot" thing is stupid and it shouldn't sell. MJ's powers are not trustworthy, and that doesn't make her suitable as superheroine in this scenario. The presence of Black Cat is basically a way to make sure MJ's powers stay secure, as long as she doesn't consider MJ as an enemy.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...ores-alba-glez

They're actually doing a follow-up to Gwenom vs Carnage.
    Actually, I think MJ is in her way to become "Scarlet Spider", just like in the animated "Ultimate Spider-Man" she became Ultimate Sipder-Woman.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    They would go on go make her a superhero. Giving her an overpowered weapon and the ability to sneak up on and take down people trained by Kraven the hunter.
    I think you're confusing being a superhero with not being completely helpless.

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I think you're confusing being a superhero with not being completely helpless.
    She was also trained by Silver Sable as well

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Lowkey, one of the things I always wanted to see was a conversation between MJ and Rick Jones.

I just think it would be interesting.
    Indeed, it would be. They do have a fair amount in common, being otherwise ordinary people who've had their lives completely upended by their relationships with a particular radioactively empowered superhero, encountered many other superheroes in the course of those lives, and even occasionally gained superpowers themselves.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Indeed, it would be. They do have a fair amount in common, being otherwise ordinary people who've had their lives completely upended by their relationships with a particular radioactively empowered superhero, encountered many other superheroes in the course of those lives, and even occasionally gained superpowers themselves.
    I joked earlier, but MJ and Carol Danvers have a shocking amount in common now they could talk about, for unenviable reasons.
    Join the "Spider-Fam" Community! - Celebrating Love and Advocating for Our Hero to Beat the Devil! - https://discord.gg/VQ2mHzBBFu

Quote Originally Posted by Garlador View Post
    I joked earlier, but MJ and Carol Danvers have a shocking amount in common now they could talk about, for unenviable reasons.
    Yes. Yes, indeed. To tie back to Rick Jones and MJ, though, they've both had their lives intersect with a Captain Marvel, now that I think about it. Mar-Vell (and later Genis-Vell) for Rick, and Carol Danvers for MJ back in the first two issues of the original Ms. Marvel series by Gerry Conway.

Now I feel like it's a big missed opportunity that Carlos Gomez isn't drawing the MJ and Felicia mini.
    Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    I know, right?! Truly beneficial whenever MJ finds herself in a tight spot (IMHO):

It's always the rope that gets you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    I have a dark idea for a story that I'd like to stress-test.

Could it be compelling to do a story where MJ kills a bad guy in self-defense, and then has to deal with the aftermath (guilt, worried friends, Peter's complicated feelings, etc.?) This would presumably occur at a time when she doesn't have powers (although it could also be a way to get her to be done with superheroing in a heartbeat.)

I think it could be an interesting story engine and complication. It's something that doesn't happen often in superhero comics, and it's a line Peter Parker doesn't cross, although he has the luxury of super-powers.
    I think one could make the argument that MJ might be more ruthless or hardcore than Peter is. She once fantasized about shooting her stalker while he was in prison and she shot Norman once.

Of course I'm not sure if they'll have the space to explore this beyond writing her like a basic Superhero.
    I don't know that I would classify MJ as an "ordinary" civilian (even without taking the whole Jackpot thing into account). She has had way too many up close and personal encounters with superheroes (even excluding Spider-Man), supervillains, and just... whatever else is out there entities...
    Unless she wears a costume and fights crime (which granted, she does now, but still) I think that's about what counts for an ordinary civilian in the Marvel Universe.
    The best part is she actually knows Carol! Not that writers seem to remember that.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Now I feel like it's a big missed opportunity that Carlos Gomez isn't drawing the MJ and Felicia mini.

It's always the rope that gets you.

I think one could make the argument that MJ might be more ruthless or hardcore than Peter is. She once fantasized about shooting her stalker while he was in prison and she shot Norman once.

Of course I'm not sure if they'll have the space to explore this beyond writing her like a basic Superhero.

Unless she wears a costume and fights crime (which granted, she does now, but still) I think that's about what counts for an ordinary civilian in the Marvel Universe.

The best part is she actually knows Carol! Not that writers seem to remember that.
    Alas, yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    Actually, I think MJ is in her way to become "Scarlet Spider", just like in the animated "Ultimate Spider-Man" she became Ultimate Sipder-Woman.
    Sounds interesting. Personally, my preference is for the one from The Marvel Mangaverse

Sounds interesting. Personally, my preference is for the one from The Marvel Mangaverse

This is a better suit than Jackpot. There, I said it (again) .

Like at the very least the shades should be see-through. I don't see what covering her eyes up accomplishes aesthetically.

This is a better suit than Jackpot. There, I said it (again) .

Like at the very least the shades should be see-through. I don't see what covering her eyes up accomplishes aesthetically.
    Wow! Thanks, Frontier!! For what it's worth, it certainly has an undeniable charm (IMHO):

She was there in Ms. Marvel #1!
    Join the "Spider-Fam" Community! - Celebrating Love and Advocating for Our Hero to Beat the Devil! - https://discord.gg/VQ2mHzBBFu

The Marvel Mangaverse was fun. I'd like to see it revived, albeit with more creative and consulting input from actual mangaka --- such as Kohei Horikoshi, creator of My Hero Academia, who is a pretty big Spider-Man fan, and Yusuke Murata, the artist for One-Punch Man who's also done some Spider-Man variant covers in the past --- for a more authentic blend of Marvel superheroes with manga style and influence.

She was there in Ms. Marvel #1!
    Indeed, she was.

Spider-Man Loves Mary Jane kind of carried some Shojo manga vibes...

Spider-Man Loves Mary Jane kind of carried some Shojo manga vibes...
    True enough, especially with Takeshi Miyazawa doing a lot of the art there.