Page 32 of 410 FirstFirst ... 222829303132333435364282132 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I know she had it in the MTV cartoon but it's hard for me to see MJ with short hair.
    The thing about the MTV cartoon is that the visuals weren't great even for back then, so her shorter hair comes off as looking kinda weird. I really wish they had gone with actually drawing the cartoon as opposed to trying to trying to go 3D with it.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    The thing about the MTV cartoon is that the visuals weren't great even for back then, so her shorter hair comes off as looking kinda weird. I really wish they had gone with actually drawing the cartoon as opposed to trying to trying to go 3D with it.
    I think the 3D worked well for action scenes and in terms of Spidey's momentum/movement if nothing else. Of course they also tried to avoid animating long hair, hence the bob cut .

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Hell, yeah! Can't wait for the return of the Marvel Swimsuit Special

Aunt May should be showing more skin :P.

Venom wearing spider-themed underwear over his costume though LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    crazy how his enemies haven't pick up on it yet. this superhero saves this particular girl a lot. wonder if they are banging
    The villains would need to know who MJ is to even notice she's saved "a lot".

And even "a lot" is pushing it, 'cause MJ generally didn't get too involved with the Spidey side, in public they only had brief conversations.

I'm bored. Time to post random pictures of MJ and rant...or blab? I don't know. You know what? I want to rant!

Best MJ moment of 2023 so far...MJ/Black Cat: Dark Web can go suck it, then again all of Dark Web can go suck it, Paul too. Paul already sucks so it's not that hard to imagine him sucking even more. Anyways, JMD turning the tables on the whole "MJ sad by the window" cliché that...I really don't remember being a thing until writers like Quesada, Slott and Wells came in to work for Marvel...was great. I can't wait for Issue #4. I mean sure, she stood by a window sometimes in the 90's but who doesn't stand by a window sometimes...in the 90's? I did. I still do. There's nothing wrong with it. Especially when you have a full view of the city.
    She only stood by the window a few times on the random cmics I read, but overall MJ let Spidey go do his thing while she did her own lol.

There's even this cute moment where Spidey tells her he's gonna leave to swing around, she's okay with it and he kisses her on the cheek:

(ASM#353)

I think 3D is fine, but uh, yeah, has to be good 3D.

At the time though, yeah, maybe it wasn't good to do 3D yet, 'cause 3D generally ages worse than drawings after a while, until it becomes really, really good.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post

The villains would need to know who MJ is to even notice she's saved "a lot".

And even "a lot" is pushing it, 'cause MJ generally didn't get too involved with the Spidey side, in public they only had brief conversations.
    isnt she a famous movie star/model based on the plot or writer. I feel like she been involved enough in the Spider-man side of things for at least of one his villains to connect the dots
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

isnt she a famous movie star/model based on the plot or writer.
    She seems to be semi famous, but nothing that big, or at least, I haven't found any comic that made her look like a huge deal, specially with how she can struggle with getting roles.

I feel like she been involved enough in the Spider-man side of things for at least of one his villains to connect the dots
    Well, only if a villain knows her, or remembers the faces of people Spidey saved, 'cause if Spidey saved MJ from Scorpion, and then they fought three more times, and then Spidey saves her from Scorpion again, it wouldn't be that far fetched if he forgot about MJ unless he specifically recognizes or it's the same redhead.

Basically a villain would need to actively pay attention to this in some way to notice a connection, and not chalk it up to "Spidey saves everyone who's in danger".

isnt she a famous movie star/model based on the plot or writer. I feel like she been involved enough in the Spider-man side of things for at least of one his villains to connect the dots
    Probably just the side effect of being in a series running for decades; plots are bound to get repeated, so create patterns that wouldn't exist in realty or the spirit of how they're supposed to be read.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

How famous MJ is tends to vary wildly.

She only stood by the window a few times on the random cmics I read, but overall MJ let Spidey go do his thing while she did her own lol.

There's even this cute moment where Spidey tells her he's gonna leave to swing around, she's okay with it and he kisses her on the cheek:

(ASM#353)
    MJ really is the best. This reminds me of Mr. and Mrs. Spider-Man #1 (featured in the pages of ASM Family #1):

I think 3D is fine, but uh, yeah, has to be good 3D.

At the time though, yeah, maybe it wasn't good to do 3D yet, 'cause 3D generally ages worse than drawings after a while, until it becomes really, really good.
    Definitely.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

Some Carlos Gomez art:

90's cartoon MJ !

Also, MJ pulls off the Gwen look. Also I guess she's got more in the behind department .

90's cartoon MJ !

Also, MJ pulls off the Gwen look. Also I guess she's got more in the behind department .
    It's that awesome dump truck ass of hers, lol.

Literally one of the best things to come out of Beyond was that one-shot.

90's cartoon MJ !

It's that awesome dump truck ass of hers, lol.

Literally one of the best things to come out of Beyond was that one-shot.
    It's funny the comic itself really doesn't make MJ's ass look any bigger than Felicia's, but Gomez with those random arts he draws, sometimes puts enough emphasis on her ass lol.

It's funny the comic itself really doesn't make MJ's ass look any bigger than Felicia's, but Gomez with those random arts he draws, sometimes puts enough emphasis on her ass lol.
    or breast but thats why Gomez gets the approval
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

or breast but thats why Gomez gets the approval
    I mean, it's the ass that is implied to be talked like it's bigger than Felicia's, it's just that the comic itself mostly shows no indication of this, there's only one panel that kinda makes it look like it's the case, but even then...

(Mary Jane & Black Cat Beyond)

Not that surprising though, a lot of times artists get lazy and draw characters with the same body and faces, I remember reading an issue of Devil's Reign that has Randy, Ben, and I think Cap, and I got confused over who's who at times 'cause all of these blonde males looked identical, save for different costumes lol.
    Last edited by Lukmendes; 02-04-2023 at 07:52 PM.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Some Carlos Gomez art:

Thanks for sharing these. Especially liking the throwback to 90s TAS MJ.
    The spider is always on the hunt.