Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    I think so but I am not sure.
    All right, then.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    All right, then.
    I had to do some checking but it is looking like it is.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post

That said, I did like some of the subtle touches that you can see across the series. The extra scene in SM2.1 where MJ discusses her engagement puts a lot of her decisions in context across the series (between that her bad reaction to the negative review in movie three make the point that she's an emotional abuse survivor and, while no longer in the situation, still carries scars). Appreciated that we see her and Peter making an emotional connection before she starts falling for him (like how she's having fun during the impromptu photo shoot at the field trip or that she's willing to open up to him despite keeping a mask up most of the time). She may not have been the most lively character, but the writing was solid and we got to see the couple go from high school crush to adults dealing with baggage as the relationship had become something serious.

(Also, given the limited screen time, I kinda think it was a good call not to put so much emphasis on the shallow persona that MJ used as a teen in the comics; if we didn't get some early cues that there was more to her than that, it's harder to root for Peter.)

I love Raimi MJ SO SO MUCH. She was my first introduction to the character and I'll always fly into action to defend her!

I do really wish they had left the aforementioned extra scene in the movie though. It really hammers home what her childhood was like and how she can never quite believe someone like Peter would love her.
    harryosborn.net -Me rereading every single comic that has Harry Osborn in it, and also writing some articles.

"The Godslayer" Mary Jane Watson.

The way I see this all playing out is MJ's relationship with Paul will be revealed to be a lie, something MJ lied about for what she thinks was the greater good. Once Paul and the kids are gone (because they were never going to last), Peter and MJ won't get back together right away. Neither of them (but especially Peter) want to hurt Felicia.

The relationship, and this run, will end when Felicia realizes all of this, and that Peter STILL wants to be with MJ, and let him go so that can happen. It's probably the most mature way to end that relationship without shoving Felicia under the bus.

I have to wonder, why do the people at Marvel seem shocked every single time by the fact that people get really, really angry over them breaking up Peter and MJ?
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by PanicPixieDreamGirl View Post
    I love Raimi MJ SO SO MUCH. She was my first introduction to the character and I'll always fly into action to defend her!

I do really wish they had left the aforementioned extra scene in the movie though. It really hammers home what her childhood was like and how she can never quite believe someone like Peter would love her.
    I really hope we see Kirsten's Mary Jane return to the screen in a big way in the future. She gets crapped on by the fandom so much for the way that her character was written in 2 and 3 that I think she deserves another go at the role like Garfield. Hopefully, in a way that doesn't resort to damseling her or forcing her character into another love triangle.

Quote Originally Posted by PanicPixieDreamGirl View Post

Yeah, I generally prefer the extended cut overall to the theatrical one (only complaints are that the takes used for the longer scene at the pizza place early on weren't as good and I really dislike the new elevator scene).

I have to wonder, why do the people at Marvel seem shocked every single time by the fact that people get really, really angry over them breaking up Peter and MJ?
    On Reddit, there was a thread discussing a Twitter post from Nick Lowe basically stating that more people liked the OMD status quo than hated it (citing that they lot more positive letters than not). Most of the users there didn't believe it or at least rejected the idea that that represented the majority. While I don't think we have all the numbers to know for sure the percentages of positive vs negative and all that, it could be possible that the readers who like the post-OMD variant of Spider-Man are more likely to write it, thus leaving Marvel a little surprised when fans of the pre-OMD variant express their distaste elsewhere online.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Tiger View Post
    I really hope we see Kirsten's Mary Jane return to the screen in a big way in the future. She gets crapped on by the fandom so much for the way that her character was written in 2 and 3 that I think she deserves another go at the role like Garfield. Hopefully, in a way that doesn't resort to damseling her or forcing her character into another love triangle.
    If she does, I will be the first person to start the Oscar campaign!

(Admittedly I think a return of any kind is unlikely though.)
    harryosborn.net -Me rereading every single comic that has Harry Osborn in it, and also writing some articles.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    On Reddit, there was a thread discussing a Twitter post from Nick Lowe basically stating that more people liked the OMD status quo than hated it (citing that they lot more positive letters than not).
    You're distorting the context.

Someone on Twitter accused Nick Lowe of cherry picking the letters they publish, because of One More Day stuff. Lowe responded by saying they get way more positive letters than negative and very few of them are about One More Day.

Lowe was speaking only of fan mail, he wasn't making some larger point. And Lowe wasn't the one who brought up the subject of fan mail, it was the complainer who did.

It was a specific reply to a specific complaint/accusation.

Because they seem to think people should "move on" from it and can't believe that 15 years later nothing has changed. I'm not sure why when MJ is still Peter's go-to love interest in everything Spider-Man not named 616.

Find someone who looks at you the way Zombie Spider-Man looks at MJ.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Because they seem to think people should "move on" from it and can't believe that 15 years later nothing has changed. I'm not sure why when MJ is still Peter's go-to love interest in everything Spider-Man not named 616.
    I know, it simply boggles the mind. How could anyone possibly want true love to prevail?

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post

Find someone who looks at you the way Zombie Spider-Man looks at MJ.
    If you forget about the zombie part, and the dialogue, this is actually pretty sweet .

I know, it simply boggles the mind. How could anyone possibly want true love to prevail?
    They really thought after 5 years...everyone would be over OMD. 15 years later...and still they wait...