Page 27 of 410 FirstFirst ... 172324252627282930313777127 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    How would Sony be involved in this with Michelle being an MCU character?
    Those movies may take place in the MCU, but they are still Sony movies.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Slott was talking about Spider-Verse ideas he pitched that got rejected. This one struck me because this was something I thought Marvel would do.

https://twitter.com/DanSlott/status/...DThZjF4fUsAAAA
    Slott had MacGuire and Garfield's Spiders referenced in the original Spider-Verse by RYV Peter and a black suited Peter, though he could only do it by referencing their resemblance to the actors who played characters from other movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Slott was talking about Spider-Verse ideas he pitched that got rejected. This one struck me because this was something I thought Marvel would do.

https://twitter.com/DanSlott/status/...DThZjF4fUsAAAA

Whether he means doing one where the actress was Spider-Woman or her version of MJ was Spider-Woman has not elaborated at this time. But I would have thought we'd have seen the latter, an MCU-MJ as Spider-Woman, eventually.
    That would've been so random.

BANNED

The Wedding Album is selling out in LCS, necessitating more orders, according to discord commotion.

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    The Wedding Album is selling out in LCS, necessitating more orders, according to discord commotion.
    Oh, nice! It's good to hear that people are supporting it.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Found this cover to vol.5 #76 at my LCS yesterday:

(Isn't...isn't that her Wedding Ring? )

Having gone back and reread it, I actually liked the concept of Beyond, it wasn't a bad arc, although the ending could have been...better.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

That's cool .

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    Found this cover to vol.5 #76 at my LCS yesterday:

(Isn't...isn't that her Wedding Ring? )

Having gone back and reread it, I actually liked the concept of Beyond, it wasn't a bad arc, although the ending could have been...better.
    Beyond was great when written by anyone but Zeb Wells.

The ring is on the wrong hand to be a wedding/engagement ring but people were thrilled to see it on this cover anyway. Sigh. It’s hard to believe just a year ago we were all so excited about what might be ahead.
    Last edited by TinkerSpider; 01-26-2023 at 08:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TinkerSpider View Post

The ring is on the wrong hand to be a wedding/engagement ring but people were thrilled to see it on this cover anyway. Sigh. It’s hard to believe just a year ago we were all so excited about what might be ahead.
    Oh yeah. That Amhed issue with Peter and MJ? That was awesome, especially when MJ freaking iced that monster! The alien "doctor" looked familiar though...wasn't he the guy who delivered Mayday and then lied about her being stillborn?

Certainly filled me with a lot of hope for the future...only for it to be cruelly whisked away and replaced by Paul and Rek-Rap. Worst characters ever.
    Last edited by CaptainUniverse; 01-26-2023 at 08:51 PM.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TinkerSpider View Post

Indeed. How naive we were back then . . .

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    Oh yeah. That Amhed issue with Peter and MJ? That was awesome, especially when MJ freaking iced that monster! The alien "doctor" looked familiar though...wasn't he the guy who delivered Mayday and then lied about her being stillborn?

Certainly filled me with a lot of hope for the future...only for it to be cruelly whisked away and replaced by Paul and Rek-Rap. Worst characters ever.
    Alas.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

BANNED

Really excited about where the Superman books are going, seems like they're going to do a play on 'Parker Industries' only with the Super-marriage and family dynamic

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/supe...uper-spoilers/

Really excited about where the Superman books are going, seems like they're going to do a play on 'Parker Industries' only with the Super-marriage and family dynamic

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/supe...uper-spoilers/
    I'm not sure if more MJ would've made Parker Industries better.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm not sure if more MJ would've made Parker Industries better.
    If MJ were working for Tony as was the case for much of Parker Industries, then it would have been interesting, she would have a conflict of interest, loyalty to her boss or her husband, and having insider knowledge of both outfits which enemies could exploit (and she'd kick their ass if they tried)

If MJ were working for Tony as was the case for much of Parker Industries, then it would have been interesting, she would have a conflict of interest, loyalty to her boss or her husband, and having insider knowledge of both outfits which enemies could exploit (and she'd kick their ass if they tried)
    We saw them try to mine that during Power Play and it didn't come off all that well. The only reason she was picked up by Bendis for Iron Man was because Slott had no plans for using her.

They just didn't think through a lot back then, either her working for Tony or the stuff with Peter.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    We saw them try to mine that during Power Play and it didn't come off all that well. The only reason she was picked up by Bendis for Iron Man was because Slott had no plans for using her.

They just didn't think through a lot back then, either her working for Tony or the stuff with Peter.
    I do think it's amusing that Spencer implied things ended badly between Tony and MJ, but other writers like MacKay imply Tony would do anything for her.