Page 150 of 410 FirstFirst ... 50100140146147148149150151152153154160200250 ... LastLast
Results 2,236 to 2,250 of 6148
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    They relentlessly forcefeed something down your throat without any buildup and expect you to accept it.
    Reading Amazing Spider-Man is an opt-in endeavor. Nothing is being forced on you. Your wellbeing is not affected if you choose not to read Amazing Spider-Man.

They treat us like idiots while laughing on their way to the bank.
    Who are "they"? Do you have any proof of this behavior?

BANNED

They're still counting all on "what Peter did". Remember, after this issue we're supposed to be mad at Peter, not MJ. So if he throws a tantrum and acts (even more) out of character in this run, they would count on that aspect to justify MJ "moving on" from him. It's their way of telling us "See? She was right not to wait for him and treat him like garbage afterwards because he deserves it!"

And on the other hand, if MJ lied to him about this and he still reacted the way he did, that means they character assassinated him for no other reason than just to make her hate him.

The funniest thing is regardless of what the full context is, none of this seems to explain her reactions right after she saw him back. She had no reason to be mad at him at that time(unless because "he was gone for a long time") and she still looked like she was ready to strangle him when he asked about who the kids were.
    That's probably the biggest question that's been driving me crazy. What could Peter POSSIBLY have done? Issue 25 has to answer it, since 26 is set entirely in the present. Honestly, if it's anything short of trying to murder Paul, while screaming "I'll kill you! I'LL KILL YOU!" as he beats him, it's not gonna fly. Accuses Paul of brainwashing? Totally legit thing he's dealt with countless times. He just decks Paul? MJ HERSELF slaps him at the start of issue 25! Calls MJ a cheater? He has every right to feel that way!

As of this point, there's only 3 options I could accept. Option 1, He tries to do a Murder on Paul, Option 2, MJ is lying/covering up and or under Totem Magic BS mumbo jumbo and Option 3, Zeb Wells is the single worst writer to ever grace the pages of ASM and his run will go down in history as the Actual Worst Thing Ever in Spidey history.

So uh, if he's trying to top Joey Q, he's doing great so far!

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    Reading Amazing Spider-Man is an opt-in endeavor. Nothing is being forced on you. Your wellbeing is not affected if you choose not to read Amazing Spider-Man.
    I'm not sure why you're telling me this. Nobody says you're forced to read this book, my point is this is awful writing full of shameless writing tactics and tropes that don't feel earned.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    Who are "they"? Do you have any proof of this behavior?
    The people who make this title and they've been doing it for a while now. The proof is in the pudding, when there's pattern of deliberately ragebaiting your audience time and again, what more proof do you need.
    Last edited by Johnny; 05-07-2023 at 09:19 AM.

So the leaks on 4chan…

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    So the leaks on 4chan…
    Yeah it was all bait

Quote Originally Posted by Mercwmouth12 View Post
    Yeah it was all bait
    Yeah it was all a fake out. But stilll

Its how you get people to buy it but hey we'll get a year of jackpot

So the leaks on 4chan…
    Which ones. lol Feels like we have too many of those already.

Its how you get people to buy it but hey we'll get a year of jackpot
    It doesn’t erase the fact that everything has been awful anyway.

It doesn’t erase the fact that everything has been awful anyway.
    What is clear is that this arc is not when it was intended to come out and it's a course correct of sorts

Quote Originally Posted by Venomsaurus View Post
    That's probably the biggest question that's been driving me crazy. What could Peter POSSIBLY have done? Issue 25 has to answer it, since 26 is set entirely in the present. Honestly, if it's anything short of trying to murder Paul, while screaming "I'll kill you! I'LL KILL YOU!" as he beats him, it's not gonna fly. Accuses Paul of brainwashing? Totally legit thing he's dealt with countless times. He just decks Paul? MJ HERSELF slaps him at the start of issue 25! Calls MJ a cheater? He has every right to feel that way!

As of this point, there's only 3 options I could accept. Option 1, He tries to do a Murder on Paul, Option 2, MJ is lying/covering up and or under Totem Magic BS mumbo jumbo and Option 3, Zeb Wells is the single worst writer to ever grace the pages of ASM and his run will go down in history as the Actual Worst Thing Ever in Spidey history.

So uh, if he's trying to top Joey Q, he's doing great so far!
    Of all the ways I can see them writing him out of character, I think I don't see that one even though he does have every right to feel that way. They know very well that Peter is forgiving to a fault and he will always put the blame on himself no matter what, so whatever he did won't be directed at MJ, she will just be the one who gets mad at him for it.

[spoil] What was? The spoiler I saw confirms that the. [Spoil]

Quote Originally Posted by hoth82 View Post
    [spoil]What was? The spoiler I saw confirms that the[spoil]
    It says spoilers:
    she tells Peter that but it's never actually shown
    end of spoilers

It says spoilers:
    she tells Peter that but it's never actually shown
    end of spoilers
    I hate that I can’t do spoilers right.

BANNED

Of all the ways I can see them writing him out of character, I think I don't see that one even though he does have every right to feel that way. They know very well that Peter is forgiving to a fault and he will always put the blame on himself no matter what, so whatever he did won't be directed at MJ, she will just be the one who gets mad at him for it.
    You're right, and I hate it. He's got every reason to be pissed but he's just gonna whine and simper instead.