Page 112 of 410 FirstFirst ... 1262102108109110111112113114115116122162212 ... LastLast
Results 1,666 to 1,680 of 6148

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Now how do we get rid of Paul and the kids without MJ being made out to be a total scumbag?
    Erase the timeline, establish that they were never real (a la Matrix Resurrections), memory wipe, etc.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Now how do we get rid of Paul and the kids without MJ being made out to be a total scumbag?
    You don’t. You either embrace the Paul or embrace the scuMJ leaving the father of her children for Peter. She’s just having her Anna Karenina moment. Relatable.

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Easy, Dr. Benjamin Rabin will end up killing Paul as "thanks" for slaying him in ASM #24 and then Rabin will probably end up sacrificing the little Quantum Symbology-generated Sunblood Totems in order to complete his apotheosis into Wayeb, this will almost totally prevent Mary Jane from looking like a scumbag although I imagine Peter is still going to be really, REALLY pissed off that she lied about who and what the kids were, so she will suffer some minor damage.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    Easy, Dr. Benjamin Rabin will probably end up killing Paul as "thanks" for turning him into a God and then Rabin will probably end up sacrificing the little Quantum Symbology-generated Sunblood Totems in order to complete his apotheosis into Wayeb, this will almost totally prevent Mary Jane from looking like a scumbag although I imagine Peter is still going to be really, REALLY pissed off that she lied about who and what the kids were, so she will suffer some minor damage.
    That still means MJ married some rando and had kids. That’s so corny. Why do that to her character? Lol. That’ll be part of her history now.

“MJ, you okay? You hardly touched your Spider-Man themed chicken nuggets.”

“Just thinking about my dead husband and kids, Peter. You wouldn’t understand…”

risitas.jpg
    Last edited by KangMiRae; 04-26-2023 at 06:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    That still means MJ married some rando and had kids. That’s so corny. Why do that to her character? Lol.
    The marriage thing was an Editorial mix-up, probably to get people riled up and talking about ASM, it has also never been mentioned again. The kids are artificial lifeforms (i.e., Sunblood Totems) made from Peter and Mary Jane's DNA (Owen looks like Peter, not Paul, who is a eunuch. Stephanie obviously looks like Mary Jane.) using Quantum Symbology which can warp reality itself, hence why Rabin is hunting them. He wouldn't be after the kids if they were Paul's, Paul is not Sunblood. Peter is and so are those kids, who...again...are not "real". As to your final question? This is Marvel Editorial we are talking about, they hate her.
    Last edited by CaptainUniverse; 04-26-2023 at 07:09 PM.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

The marriage thing was an Editorial mix-up, probably to get people riled up and talking about ASM. The kids are artificial lifeforms made from Peter and Mary Jane's DNA using Quantum Symbology which can warp reality itself, hence why Rabin is hunting them. He wouldn't be after the kids if they were Paul's, Paul is not Sunblood. Peter is and so are those kids, who...again...are not "real". As to your final question? This is Marvel Editorial we are talking about, they hate her.
    I suppose, but even if the kids aren't hers by blood, she clearly still sees them as her own. I don't think MJ is the type of person to consider kids that aren't her blood not her own, that's a little cruel, lmfao. This entire perspective works for the readers, but it really muddies MJ's character. I'm more interested in that rather than some really weak retcon or coverup. Yeah, narratively they can cover it up, but I'm not going to forget that they did all this and that annoys me. Sin's Past got retconned, but its existence still annoys me. But then again, Wells' writing has been far below the line of mediocrity, so who even knows or cares how they handle this.

The last time they teased MJ's baby, they basically wrote the whole thing out and then completely ignored the trauma of that whole experience.

No reason to think they won't do the same thing again.

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    I suppose, but even if the kids aren't hers by blood, she clearly still sees them as her own. I don't think MJ is the type of person to consider kids that aren't her blood not her own, that's a little cruel, lmfao. This entire perspective works for the readers, but it really muddies MJ's character. I'm more interested in that rather than some really weak retcon or coverup. Yeah, narratively they can cover it up, but I'm not going to forget that they did all this and that annoys me. Sin's Past got retconned, but its existence still annoys me. But then again, Wells' writing has been far below the line of mediocrity, so who even knows or cares how they handle this.
    I think the whole point of this was to muddy her character. It is no different than when they did OMD and OMIT.

They already did that by covering her ass every step of the way.

First, they had her "sacrifice" herself by sending Peter back, so they can say that she did it out of love for him and therefore can't be accused of "cheating" on him afterwards.

Then they used the "too much time has passed" excuse to have MJ who already willingly trapped herself by letting her love go, won't have regrets in time by starting a relationship with someone else while being trapped.

Then this is where the "What did Peter do" thing comes in. We have Peter who destroyed his reputation with the superhero community and is already half way out of his mind and hasn't slept for days to try to save MJ, finally find her and instantly receive the news that he's clearly far too late and who he thought was the love if his life didn't wait for him and has moved on. And of course, given the fact that MJ willingly sacrificed herself for him and due to all of their past history in general, Peter won't blame any of this on her, he'd blame it on Paul or in his current state of mind could very well make some comment about any of her family members, which MJ would not forgive him for.

And here we are back to the present. The narrative tries everything to make sure that MJ is excused of any potential accusations from the audience of being "unfaithful" to Peter and moving on from him. While Peter ends up being the one who ruins everything again since he both got there late and then acted like a jerk to her family, so she doesn't want to talk to him again.

They did all of this for one reason only, to split MJ from Peter while she was technically still in a relationship with him and let her have kids with another man without having her being held accountable for any of it. On the contrary, they try to make it look like she was the one done wrong since she made a sacrifice for Peter and then after he finds her he doesn't want to accept the new developments. This is why I'm no longer willing to automatically believe those kids are fake. Why would they go through all those narrative manipulations to excuse all of MJ's actions and blame everything on Peter again just for the kids to not even turn out to be real in the end.

So I don't really think they'll get rid of Paul or the kids anytime soon. Why go all through all that trouble then. And if they do happen to get rid of them somehow, MJ won't be made to look like a scumbag since it's all going to be someone else's fault again. Hopefully not Peter's. Honestly at this point might as well just keep him as far away from her as possible. After all this is what they wanted. Hope they're happy with it.
    Last edited by Johnny; 04-26-2023 at 08:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    They already did that by covering her ass every step of the way.

First, they had her "sacrifice" herself by sending Peter back, so they can say she did it out of love for him and won't be accused of "cheating" on him afterwards.

Then they used the "too much time has passed" excuse to have MJ who already willingly got herself trapped to save her love, won't have regrets in time by starting a relationship with someone else while being trapped.

Then this is where the "What did Peter do" thing comes in. We have Peter who destroyed his reputation with the superhero community and is already half way out of his mind and hasn't slept for days to try to rescue MJ, finally find her and instantly receive the news that he's clearly far too late and who he thought was the love if his life didn't wait for him and has moved on. And of course, given the fact that MJ willingly sacrificed herself for him and due to all of their past history in general, Peter won't blame any of this on her, he'd blame it on Paul or in his current state of mind could very well make some comment about any of her family members, which MJ would not forgive him for.

And here we are back to the present. The narrative tries everything to make sure that MJ is excused of any potential accusations from the audience of being "unfaithful" to Peter and moving on from him. While Peter ends up being the one who ruins everything again since he both got there late and then acted like a jerk to her family, so she doesn't want to talk to him again.

They did all of this for one reason only, to split MJ from Peter while she was technically still in a relationship with him and let her have kids with another man without being held accountable for it. On the contrary, they try to make it look like she was the one done wrong since she made a sacrifice for Peter and then after he finds her he doesn't want to accept the new developments. This is why I'm no longer willing to automatically believe those kids are fake. Why would they go through all those narrative manipulations to excuse all of MJ's actions and blame everything on Peter again just for those kids to not even turn out to be real in the end. So I don't really think they'll get rid of Paul or the kids anytime soon. Why go all through all that trouble then. And if they do happen to get rid of them, MJ won't be made to look like a scumbag since it's all going to be someone else's fault again.
    To bait readers into buying the book in order to see what happens next, it is as simple as that. Paul and the clearly fake magical kids who look like Peter and Mary Jane are not sticking around, if they did then Wells would not have the clean slate he so desperately desires for #27 onward.
    Last edited by CaptainUniverse; 04-26-2023 at 08:26 PM.

Paul and the kids aren't sticking around. At this point they're on their way out (with the additional "revelation" that the relationship between MJ and Paul is a lie and that the kids were never real).

Easy, Dr. Benjamin Rabin will end up killing Paul as "thanks" for slaying him in ASM #24 and then Rabin will probably end up sacrificing the little Quantum Symbology-generated Sunblood Totems in order to complete his apotheosis into Wayeb, this will almost totally prevent Mary Jane from looking like a scumbag although I imagine Peter is still going to be really, REALLY pissed off that she lied about who and what the kids were, so she will suffer some minor damage.
    Please you know Peter will never be angry at her no matter what. That's been their schtick with MJ in this run, they have her do something unpopular and then try to absolve her of any accountability for it, making her snapping at Peter about responsibility even more laughable. It's always his fault after all, so we can't expect him to actually stand up for himself whether it could be well within his rights to do so or not.

The marriage thing was an Editorial mix-up, probably to get people riled up and talking about ASM, it has also never been mentioned again. The kids are artificial lifeforms (i.e., Sunblood Totems) made from Peter and Mary Jane's DNA (Owen looks like Peter, not Paul, who is a eunuch. Stephanie obviously looks like Mary Jane.) using Quantum Symbology which can warp reality itself, hence why Rabin is hunting them. He wouldn't be after the kids if they were Paul's, Paul is not Sunblood. Peter is and so are those kids, who...again...are not "real". As to your final question? This is Marvel Editorial we are talking about, they hate her.
    I get that even if the flashbacks in #25 show her as pregnant and giving birth, that could also be "undone" down the line, but the damage is already done. Besides why would Belasco call the kids MJ's "progeny" if they weren't real anyway. Surely someone like him would know better even if he doesn't directly say it to the audience for obvious reasons.
    Last edited by Johnny; 04-27-2023 at 03:14 AM.

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

Please you know Peter will never be angry at her no matter what. That's been their schtick with MJ in this run, they have her do something unpopular and then try to absolve her of any accountability for it, making her snapping at Peter about responsibility even more laughable. It's always his fault after all, so we can't expect him to actually stand up for himself whether it could be well within his rights to do so or not.

I get that even if the flashbacks in #25 show her as pregnant and giving birth, that could also be "undone" down the line, but the damage is already done. Besides why would Belasco call the kids MJ's "progeny" if they weren't real anyway. Surely someone like him would know better even if he doesn't directly say it to the audience for obvious reasons.
    Because in context and narrative he was saying would you leave yiurf children to rule limbo. That's about it. Its an over thinking on this that people are doing and the over reaction s why y'all are worrying to much about nothing

Quote Originally Posted by Mercwmouth12 View Post
    Because in context and narrative he was saying would you leave yiurf children to rule limbo. That's about it. Its an over thinking on this that people are doing and the over reaction s why y'all are worrying to much about nothing
    No need to "y'all" me, and the "overreacting" and "overthinking" is exactly what Marvel wanted since all of this is clearly inflammatory for the sake of riling people up and weaponizing their anger as an excuse to "warn" the creators involved in this about not going to conventions. They're trying to blame fans and painting them as irrational for reacting precisely the way they wanted them to react.
    Last edited by Johnny; 04-27-2023 at 03:48 AM.

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

No need to "y'all" me, and the "overreacting" and "overthinking" is exactly what Marvel wanted since all of this is clearly inflammatory for the sake of riling people up and weaponizing their anger as an excuse to "warn" the creators involved in this about not going to conventions. They're trying to blame fans and painting them as irrational for reacting precisely the way they wanted them to react.
    Dude, it's all rage bait