Page 352 of 410 FirstFirst ... 252302342348349350351352353354355356362402 ... LastLast
Results 5,266 to 5,280 of 6148

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    The Spider-Wedding by Mike Del Mundo:

So many dopey faces...

"We don't get many letters about OMD because we don't get many letters at all" is a weird thing to confess.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    So, they want Peter to be "forever alone," as the meme goes, or forever bouncing between love interests like a superhero version of Archie, because they think that makes him more "relatable" to the readership/fandom? I wonder what that says about how they think of their consumer base/audience.
    Yes. They want Peter to be a mix between Charlie Brown and Archie.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey_Legend View Post
    Yes. They want Peter to be a mix between Charlie Brown and Archie.
    I figure, but again, I wonder what that says about how they think of their consumer base/audience.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    I figure, but again, I wonder what that says about how they think of their consumer base/audience.
    they like Spider-Man regardless of his relationship status I believe its just that simple
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    they like Spider-Man regardless of his relationship status I believe its just that simple
    I wonder if that's true for a lot of series.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I wonder if that's true for a lot of series.
    I don’t see why not. They are selling the hero first

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

I don’t see why not. They are selling the hero first
    I don’t know what to tell you. Peter’s love life has been important to the comics since Betty Brant was introduced. It was one of Stan’s big innovations, fusing superhero comics with romance.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurus View Post
    I don’t know what to tell you. Peter’s love life has been important to the comics since Betty Brant was introduced. It was one of Stan’s big innovations, fusing superhero comics with romance.
    It’s not more important than Peter being Spiderman doing Spiderman things. That’s what I’m saying. Peter can go through all his relationships but it’s only second to Spider-Man that’s the most important thing of the series

It’s not more important than Peter being Spiderman doing Spiderman things. That’s what I’m saying. Peter can go through all his relationships but it’s only second to Spider-Man that’s the most important thing of the series
    And Peter being bad at doing Spider-Man things doesn't effect sales either.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    And Peter being bad at doing Spider-Man things doesn't effect sales either.
    Hehe yes and then we get down to the old chestnut of the problem again. Does anything matter? Are readers happy if Peter is Spider-man and you throw everything else away?

With regards to MJ is have come to believe that the amount of damage that has been done to her is too much. She is in need of rehabilitation. The best thing for her is to admit that she herself doesn’t like who she has become when referencing this era. I just assume that marvel will do big sweeping moves and reset her broadly or just ignore what happened when they are setting up a new direction for her. Which they will do one day, in their never ending cycle of rinse and repeat.

I do believe contrary to Jman that the characters matter in Spider-man./s
    I believe that MJ who has been with us for decades matter. That in the long run these are the things readers stay for. Peter doing spidey stuff only gets you so far.

That response to the letter is just hilarious. Lowe admits that the reason they think no one cares is because they don’t really know what people think so they assume all is going great. ASM apparently sells well. It’s the best selling title, or one of them, in a dying business. Cheers marvel, what a solid victory for you!
    Last edited by Malachi; 10-12-2023 at 05:55 AM.

Still, the things that differentiate Peter from Daredevil or Iron Man, or even from Miles, are not the generic superhero action adventure. One of the things that differentiates Peter is his specific relationships.
    Petrus Maria Johannaque sunt nubendi

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    Hehe yes and then we get down to the old chestnut of the problem again. Does anything matter? Are readers happy if Peter is Spider-man and you throw everything else away?

With regards to MJ is have come to believe that the amount of damage that has been done to her is too much. She is in need of rehabilitation. The best thing for her is to admit that she herself doesn’t like who she has become when referencing this era. I just assume that marvel will do big sweeping moves and reset her broadly or just ignore what happened when they are setting up a new direction for her. Which they will do one day, in their never ending cycle of rinse and repeat.

I do believe contrary to Jman that the characters matter in Spider-man./s
    I believe that MJ who has been with us for decades matter. That in the long run these are the things readers stay for. Peter doing spidey stuff only gets you so far.

That response to the letter is just hilarious. Lowe admits that the reason they think no one cares is because they don’t really know what people think so they assume all is going great. ASM apparently sells well. It’s the best selling title, or one of them, in a dying business. Cheers marvel, what a solid victory for you!

We can always blame her behavior on devil magick from OMD
    her soul tainted from making the deal
    Mephisto has her under a spell
    I created a thread about Dick Grayson/Nightwing and Koriand'r/Starfire. It is to acknowledge and honor their iconic and popular relationship.

I created a fan page about Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson. This page is for all the Spider-Marriage fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Daibhidh View Post
    Still, the things that differentiate Peter from Daredevil or Iron Man, or even from Miles, are not the generic superhero action adventure. One of the things that differentiates Peter is his specific relationships.
    “Readers came for the superhero, but stayed for the relationships.”

All superheroes are ultimately “interchangeable” in their heroics - they wear a striking costume, fight supervillains, save the day, etc.

But it’s the core of their relationships and supporting cast that helps them stand out. If all Spider-Man did was fight colorful gimmicky villains, he wouldn’t be nearly as popular.

“Spider” is the costume, the powers, the crime-fighting. “Man” is the relatable stuff, working a job, paying bills, Aunt May and Mary Jane, etc. The character is incomplete without non-super elements shaping his life.
    Join the "Spider-Fam" Community! - Celebrating Love and Advocating for Our Hero to Beat the Devil! - https://discord.gg/VQ2mHzBBFu