Page 400 of 410 FirstFirst ... 300350390396397398399400401402403404 ... LastLast
Results 5,986 to 6,000 of 6148

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    I wouldn't mind a universe with a Spider-MJ and her civilian boyfriend Peter Parker. I think it would be fun.
    They showed this briefly in Across the Spider-Verse during the upside-down kiss "canon event" with an empowered Spider-MJ kissing civilian Peter.
    Join the "Spider-Fam" Community! - Celebrating Love and Advocating for Our Hero to Beat the Devil! - https://discord.gg/VQ2mHzBBFu

Quote Originally Posted by Garlador View Post
    They showed this briefly in Across the Spider-Verse during the upside-down kiss "canon event" with an empowered Spider-MJ kissing civilian Peter.
    Marvel has put the imagery of Spider-MJ and civilian Peter on covers, but they don't give us any actual stories with this set-up.

I'm just saying I think it could be a fun story and people would be into it.

There are way better premises for Superhero MJ than what we ended up with.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    I know, right?! Gayle & the kids haven't made an appearance since Peter Parker: Spider-Man #19 (2000)

Oh, yeah . . . when they tried to get rid of her the first time around.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Marvel has put the imagery of Spider-MJ and civilian Peter on covers, but they don't give us any actual stories with this set-up.

I'm just saying I think it could be a fun story and people would be into it.
    What are they so afraid of?

On another note, we've made it to 400 pages. Congratulations are in order.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Oh, yeah . . . when they tried to get rid of her the first time around.
    Second time. (Third if you count Wolfman putting her on a bus.)

The first time was the Clone Saga.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuck View Post

Mary Jane's history and popularity in a nutshell:
    Join the "Spider-Fam" Community! - Celebrating Love and Advocating for Our Hero to Beat the Devil! - https://discord.gg/VQ2mHzBBFu

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Point. The Clone Saga would have had her turn out to have married a "clone" Peter instead of "the real Peter," who would be conveniently still single . . . conveniently for Marvel editorial, anyway.

Stand a little taller!
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Saw this recently; reminds me of trying to write MJ to do what creators want.

Quote Originally Posted by 9AlphaOmega1 View Post
    Agree with the statement about Spinneret solo, the mom bun is needed, why Natasha has been keeping her hair short, long hair bad in fighting.
    Er, Natasha, as in Black Widow? Her hair's been long lately. It being bobbed again in Uncanny Avengers was an artist gaffe - she has long hair in Venom (which is a ponytail when in her new symbiote form) and did in her last solo book too.
    Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Completely understandable. Even if it's just AU, there's still precedence...

lol, of course Logan is known to play barber. When Storm replaced Kitty as headmistress of the Jean Grey School in Wolverine and the X-Men, she asked him to cut her long hair off - she went back to the mohawk from the 80s.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Question

It makes me wonder, has there ever been another (comic book) character as popular and well-established as MJ that a company has tried so hard to redefine? Sure there was OG Gwen who laid the foundation for Spider-Gwen, however, I would argue Gwen by the time of Spider-Gwen was more a trope than a fully realized character in the minds of most fans. The same goes for Pre-Red Hood II/Pre-Arkham Knight Jason Todd who never really caught on as the Second Robin during his introduction run.
    Last edited by Celgress; 12-17-2023 at 07:58 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    It makes me wonder, has there ever been another (comic book) character as popular and well-established as MJ that a company has tried so hard to redefine?
    A lot of the people who always wanted to undo the marriage argued that being a wife was a forced redefinition. (Some of the writing in the 90s doesn't exactly discredit their assertion.)

Where was that?
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Where was that?

Lower right.

A lot of the people who always wanted to undo the marriage argued that being a wife was a forced redefinition. (Some of the writing in the 90s doesn't exactly discredit their assertion.)
    I would contend MJ's role as "the one" in media outside of the comic books has made this contention irrelevant true or not. In the minds of the vast majority of fans who are, of course, causal fans, MJ's identity is Spider-Man's defacto love interest which is unlikely to ever change. Plus, her introduction was as one of his two primary love interests so the contention doesn't make sense because once Gwen was subtracted from the equation MJ becoming Spidey's wife was the natural next point in her character path. It is an absurd argument, IMHO.
    Last edited by Celgress; 12-17-2023 at 09:37 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Spectacular Member 9AlphaOmega1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    I would contend MJ's role as "the one" in media outside of the comic books has made this contention irrelevant true or not. In the minds of the vast majority of fans who are, of course, causal fans, MJ's identity is Spider-Man's defacto love interest which is unlikely to ever change. Plus, her introduction was as one of his two primary love interests so the contention doesn't make sense because once Gwen was subtracted from the equation MJ becoming Spidey's wife was the natural next point in her character path. It is an absurd argument, IMHO.
    I am glad for other media, so I can enjoy Spider-Man than the comics.