Page 202 of 410 FirstFirst ... 102152192198199200201202203204205206212252302 ... LastLast
Results 3,016 to 3,030 of 6148

I don't know what Bendis' feelings about MJ as love interest for Peter were. When he wrote her in Iron Man it didn't look as if there was much prospect of her being Peter's love interest in the medium future. He's definitely writing angsty MJ rather than party girl MJ, but he is writing her as a character and not just someone for Tony and Peter to fight over. (Looks sideways at Dan Slott.)
    But having written MJ into Iron Man's comic, Bendis then didn't know what to do with her. Maybe some of that was Civil War II upending his plans. But anyway all the evidence is that Mary Jane works better when she's with Peter even with a sympathetic writer.
    Petrus Maria Johannaque sunt nubendi

Quote Originally Posted by Daibhidh View Post
    I don't know what Bendis' feelings about MJ as love interest for Peter were. When he wrote her in Iron Man it didn't look as if there was much prospect of her being Peter's love interest in the medium future. He's definitely writing angsty MJ rather than party girl MJ, but he is writing her as a character and not just someone for Tony and Peter to fight over. (Looks sideways at Dan Slott.)
    But having written MJ into Iron Man's comic, Bendis then didn't know what to do with her. Maybe some of that was Civil War II upending his plans. But anyway all the evidence is that Mary Jane works better when she's with Peter even with a sympathetic writer.
    Yeah he said in an interview that since the spider-office weren't using MJ he felt it was a shame to let her go unused. So he picked her over becasue of that and certainly the PR for his book didn't hurt either.

Not that she really did much meaningful in Iron Man.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    To me it showed the bigger problem that no one over in editorial seemed to know what to do with Mary Jane if she wasn't Peter's girlfriend or wasn't chasing him in some way/shape/form.

Then in Superior she shows up to agree that Peter acts bi-polar whilst with some firefighter named Ollie and saying that's why she doesn't want to be with him because she never knows what she's going to get.

The fact that otto was in Peter's party and Mary Jane was like "Yep.. that's Peter alright..." on top of the forcing himself on her when she didn't even know it wasn't Peter in that body is all sorts of problematic.

One of the reasons I do love that MJ has powers now as well as a spin-off comic with Felicia Hardy is because it's the first time it's felt like they've given Mary Jane things to do that can be put in a solo series outside of being Peter's girlfriend or love interest. Her being her own kind of hero is something I've wanted for a while. Mainly because I've always wanted MARVEL to be able to do something more with Mary Jane than just have her character only relevant or beholden to the comic when she's with Peter.

The whole Iron-Man run when he said it was a shame nobody was using her shows essentially where they held Mary Jane. She existed only when they wanted to throw Peter back with her or vice versa.

Mary Jane having powers now, having a FANTASTIC comic debut with Felicia, and a series afterwards that I actually liked where her and Felicia became co-queens of Hell for a moment, is the kind of stuff I've wanted to see with Mary Jane for a while. I want it to get popular because I want MARVEL to realize they can do more with Mary Jane than put her on the sidelines till "Hey lets tease her with Peter for another few months and then pull it away and have her disappear again.".

I had a Mary Jane I wanted to see more of, it was a Multiverse version of her whom was also Spider-Woman and a lesbian, and I loved her coming out to her girlfriend as it was something personally resonates. Wanted to see more of her... find out that she's killed off-screen in a Spiderverse event which happened around the time of the Peter/Silk stuff the Superior stuff, the Felicia hardy dark ages stuff, and the multi-versal event. So it was a quadruple punch to my gut. That one of the Multiverse Spider people, one whom I was hoping to see more of that I related to on many a different level, not only is dead, but is killed off screen. It hurt, it still hurts.

For those reasons I hope her adventures with Super Powers continues and that she and Felicia get to go on more hijinks and adventures together. Wishful thinking, but it's all I have at this point.
    Last edited by Majesty; 06-04-2023 at 11:56 AM.

their faces are so young and guessing this artist is under the impression that Spider-Gwen is one of Peters chick when she notz
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    All she can do in a book like Iron Man is display her personality, but there's nothing really to do with her in that book.

MJ is a very well developed character. WE know what she looks like, act like, and what her goals are in life. She wants to be a model/actress and she wants Peter Parker. And that makes her have basically nothing to do in a book like Iron Man. She's not pursuing the career she loves so she's just killing time. And there's no Peter so there are no worthwhile romance subplots. You can't even really push her towards either of her goals because 1) she already acheived them 2) she's not allowed to have one of them, and 3) one of them isn't in the book.

Conversely, this is also why I think people like the Leah Williams series despite its kind of middling quality. It was about her first goal so it made sense, and she had already achieved her second goal so any romance things were with the right person. So ti could be a light fun series and it was fine. Conversely conversely, this is why the latest Black CAt/MJ series didn't really work, because MJ's goal in that book to get back with her "familY" feels wrong and doesn't align with her previous characterization.

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    their faces are so young and guessing this artist is under the impression that Spider-Gwen is one of Peters chick when she notz
    In all fairness, she's a knockoff of a girl who was one of Peter's main three love interests so the "mistake" can be excused. I'm a huge Spider-Gwen (in her original 65 incarnation more so than now) fan but even I can admit she's not a wholly original character unlike say Miles.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Gwen I think also has her portrayal in the first Amazing Spider-Man movie to thank for this as well.

However I see Spider-Gwen as her own character altogether. She's a Gwen Stacy, but she's not "Peter's" Gwen Stacy.

She's.... Miles ahead.

Terrible runs at least motivate me to check out old comics. Gawd, classic MJ is so cool.

“If you want to keep a man, you gotta FIGHT for him! And Peter, consider this a declaration of war!”

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Majesty View Post
    Gwen I think also has her portrayal in the first Amazing Spider-Man movie to thank for this as well.

However I see Spider-Gwen as her own character altogether. She's a Gwen Stacy, but she's not "Peter's" Gwen Stacy.

She's.... Miles ahead.

Ha, good one.

Quote Originally Posted by Garlador View Post
    Terrible runs at least motivate me to check out old comics. Gawd, classic MJ is so cool.

“If you want to keep a man, you gotta FIGHT for him! And Peter, consider this a declaration of war!”
    Yes. Yes, indeed.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Yes. Yes, indeed.
    OMG! I love that scene!! Thanks for the reminder
    Last edited by K7P5V; 06-04-2023 at 04:31 PM. Reason: Added Clarification.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Technically, I was just replying to Garlador, but you're very welcome, regardless.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    MJ rocked 80's fashion so hard.

Throwback to not too long ago

A shame the artist that originally inspired all this to happen got bullied off social media after getting attacked by Campbell and his collogues

Even still, I adore this picture of Mary Jane :3