Page 208 of 410 FirstFirst ... 108158198204205206207208209210211212218258308 ... LastLast
Results 3,106 to 3,120 of 6148
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    That's some insane hair right there.
    90s TV show MJ with 80s hair. I'm digging it.

Quote Originally Posted by Venomsaurus View Post
    I guess I'm just gonna be sore about the whole comparison thing for a while. It felt so out of left field for her that my head still spins a little just thinking about it. You are right, in the end, the only thing she can do is apologize. I admit to being a grumpy guss on this one and just being sore about the whole thing.

I'm holding out for this is all an act, because it's the least gross option and even kinda in character that she would be that good of an actor. Mary Jane deserves so much better than what this story has done to her. This is just about the only way to save face at this point, which is why I'm not expecting it.

Much appreciated for the awesome fan art. Always thankful for some positivity. I would watch the hell out of big hair 80's anime Spider-man show.
    It being an act is literally the only thing that makes sense without brainwashing or other magical stuff. Like the reality is my view is basically the same as it was before 26 as after, it's just that now the quality is so low I would believe they'll do anything including stuff that makes no sense, and instead of him being able to salvage the run it's just gonna be remembered terribly.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Even if it can be justified he does in that "Aw, I'm so sad she moved on" instead of, y'know, investigating lol.
    I mean he tries investigating and that gets the whole "he told me" speech from 26 that everyone hates.

Sins Past also works with previously established continuity by chance, since Gwen did leave for England for like six months, but JMS blatantly did no research, specially considering Quesada was on the realm and he didn't care about continuity lol.
    Works is generous, given he got the country and timeline completely wrong. Its like he read those comics as a kid and just based it off of what he could remember.

It's funny how this run can do that, I also found it impressive how ASM#1 vol 6 let me know right away the run was going to be bad, so I dropped it basically immediately lol.
    I went from being hopeful and happy with the state of Spider-Man to completely stopping reading in one issue. It was impressive work. Not GOOD, but impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by MaydayStan View Post
    Not only that, I don't ever want to support anything Wells is a part of ever again. I'm already considering not seeing the Marvels or Deadpool 3 because I genuinely can't stand the man's writing, and as far as I'm concerned, his work is forever stained as complete trash in my mind.
    Yeah.....I'm going to the Marvels largely out of obligation, i haven't missed a MCU movie yet and I have A-List so it's an excuse to hang out with my buddy. Deadpool 3 has enough other cooks to actually correct him. But I for sure went from "huh ok" to "do not want" when his name is mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by Daibhidh View Post
    It's a terrible run and plot. And MJ's scene in the hospital is awful. And it's out of character for MJ to stop waiting for Peter in less than four years.

But it's not cheating. Cheating implies an intention to deceive the other person. It's trying to have it both ways. If she moved on because she thought Peter was dead, because that's the only reason he wouldn't have come back for her, that's not an intent to deceive.

Tennyson has a poem, Enoch Arden, about a man who is shipwrecked and rescued and comes back to find that his wife remarried, and he can't reveal himself to his wife without upsetting her new life. There's no suggestion there that the wife cheated. But then Tennyson is trying to get some emotional truth out of his story and move the readers' emotions.
    An actual good writer, assuming they wrote the MJ/Peter split up plot in the first place, would try at least to have MJ show signs of being emotionally distressed about Peter coming back after she's given up on him. Because that's actually dramatic. But Wells doesn't seem to know that he should give a damn about moving the readers' emotions. He just cares about getting the couple split up.

(One thing that makes Wells' intentions for the story hard to tell is that he doesn't seem to get readers invested in his story at all. So he's just relying on the fact that we all know who Kamala is and we all care about her to get the emotion out of her death - he hasn't bothered to do any of that work himself. Likewise, it's hard to tell whether he just doesn't want the readers to care that the Peter/MJ relationship is over or to care about MJ or whether he is just taking it for granted that the readers do but hasn't done any work himself.)

Anyway, it's really bad for MJ's character but it's not cheating.
    This is largely good analysis and we've disagreed with this before so I'll make my case.

I think you hae a duty of loyalty and fidelity to a romantic partner until you tell them otherwise. Like you can't be released until you release them. Obviously, there are exceptions, like if someone dies or is presumed dead. But anything that breaks this rule is, to me, cheating, intent to decieve or not. Like If I bang my secretary and come home and tell my wife that's still me cheating (ulness the rules of our relationship established this otherwise). So under my definition MJ has a duty to stay faithful until she has reason to believe she will not be rescued. In fairness, this is a murky area. She expected him quickly, and six months later he's still not there. Does she know about the time dilation? Unclear. It's also unclear, if and when she would have engaged in a relationship with Paul. The book is not clear. There are only two moments really presented to us as "relationship changing" or potentially so. The moment they touch hands, and the moment with Owen. The rest of the time is presented as them just living life in the same status quo. Which means she gave up on Peter in less than a year and a half. I don't think that's really reasonable in that situation, so I define it as cheating. That said, despite bringing it up, I hold it largely secondary as a problem, because her chracter has been written in a way in the past that she wouldn't really want to sleep with Paul or give up on Peter given their relationship status going in.

But the rest of this I agree. You hit the nail on the head as to why the Hospital scene is so awfully written. This is a person whom she spent all of her adult life up until the last five minutes loving. She crushes him with barely a concern. It's not even hard for her from what we're shown. She tells him like a college admission professor telling a kid he didn't get into college. It's this weird tonal dissonance. The Hospital scene is the culmination of a tragedy, the moment when our hero and heroine's story was cut short, but it's written like it's no big deal, just a contest that Peter didn't win. Just...awful. A month later and I don't understand how any editor would let that see print.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    I found the Honeymoon Annual while looking for comics today! Now I just need a physical copy of the Wedding and...um...well...I will still have a long way to go towards completing my Marriage Era collection.
    Unfortunately for your wallet, the marriage era also coincided with them shipping 4 to 5 books a month so instead of just 250ish comics its more like 800 lol.
    Last edited by Xenon; 06-10-2023 at 05:46 PM.

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Xenon View Post
    Unfortunately for your wallet, the marriage era also coincided with them shipping 4 to 5 books a month so instead of just 250ish comics its more like 800 lol.
    Ah...it's just like the good old days again. Strapped for cash (well...not really, I saved up a bunch for this endeavor) and drowning in comic books.
    Last edited by CaptainUniverse; 06-10-2023 at 04:59 PM.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Knightsilver View Post
    I've just gone with the "MJ is a magical doppelganger" excuse at this point. The real MJ would never pull this stuff.
    Nega-MJ is real and she will be revealed as such soon enough.

Not only that, I don't ever want to support anything Wells is a part of ever again. I'm already considering not seeing the Marvels or Deadpool 3 because I genuinely can't stand the man's writing, and as far as I'm concerned, his work is forever stained as complete trash in my mind.
    Oof I had no idea he was involved with Deadpool 3 as well. That just about kills all enthusiasm I had for that flick. I'll be avoiding Wells' future work as well. This run has just left too awful a taste in my mouth to ever try anything else of his out. It's also reminded me how much I've hated past stuff like Venom: Dark Origin.

It's a terrible run and plot. And MJ's scene in the hospital is awful. And it's out of character for MJ to stop waiting for Peter in less than four years.

But it's not cheating. Cheating implies an intention to deceive the other person. It's trying to have it both ways. If she moved on because she thought Peter was dead, because that's the only reason he wouldn't have come back for her, that's not an intent to deceive.

Tennyson has a poem, Enoch Arden, about a man who is shipwrecked and rescued and comes back to find that his wife remarried, and he can't reveal himself to his wife without upsetting her new life. There's no suggestion there that the wife cheated. But then Tennyson is trying to get some emotional truth out of his story and move the readers' emotions.
    An actual good writer, assuming they wrote the MJ/Peter split up plot in the first place, would try at least to have MJ show signs of being emotionally distressed about Peter coming back after she's given up on him. Because that's actually dramatic. But Wells doesn't seem to know that he should give a damn about moving the readers' emotions. He just cares about getting the couple split up.

(One thing that makes Wells' intentions for the story hard to tell is that he doesn't seem to get readers invested in his story at all. So he's just relying on the fact that we all know who Kamala is and we all care about her to get the emotion out of her death - he hasn't bothered to do any of that work himself. Likewise, it's hard to tell whether he just doesn't want the readers to care that the Peter/MJ relationship is over or to care about MJ or whether he is just taking it for granted that the readers do but hasn't done any work himself.)

I agree it's not technically cheating. I call it cheating for short-hand, but my main point is regardless of the logic around the situation, it will always carry the emotional connotation of cheating. Wells very much intended for that to be part of the emotion of the story he was telling, hence he cliff-hanger of 24 being "They're my family" and inferring that the children were possibly biologically hers and Paul's. He very much wrote it to get the emotional reaction out of the readers as if she had cheated, even if he also then explained why it's not exactly cheating.

My main point is she went into that dimension with Peter, and came out with another man, very much intending to upset the audience and give us the same visceral feeling as if she'd cheated on him. So yes, she did not cheat, but it still feels very much like so, so I just use the short-hand.

...It's fucking obnoxious how almost every time Mephisto is behind something Spidey related it tends to suck, any story that has them dealing with each other in any way, including Spidey winning, sounds hella cringe by default to me, those are just not characters to deal with each other and they both suffer for it, because Mephisto is spending way too much time going after a relative nobody when instead he should be focusing on more dangerous beings, and Spidey gets fucked over by having Mephisto be behind something he really shouldn't be.
    You'd love my plan. Another Demon Lord maybe Dormammu (I'm not certain which would be best) allies themselves with the real MJ to bring Big Red down for good. His obsession with the Parkers turns out to be a misleading vision (the whole Mayday thing) he was given by this entity because only "someone pure of heart" can kill Mephisto. The entity would outplay Mephisto wanting Peter to kill Big Red out of righteous anger but they realize MJ will do just as well; the story progresses from there.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

I wasn't aware he was writing any of these, and while I wasn't interested in Marvels to begin with, I'm now less curious about Deadpool 3...

Kinda fucked up the guy who just killed Kamala in a rather disrespectful way is writing a movie she'll be in lol.

Having to rely on an established character to make you feel bad for their death while at the same time doing apparently a bad job at writing the character correctly is, a way to write, not necessarily good.

Wells' She-Hulk episode had little or anything to do with the feminist premise of that series. (There's one perfunctory scene in which Jen talks with the other female supporting character, and otherwise all the other speaking parts are men.) The ending is pretty icky as well.
    I've seen that episode being mentioned a few times here, sounds like a shitpost lol.

I mean he tries investigating and that gets the whole "he told me" speech from 26 that everyone hates.
    Huh, less bad.

Works is generous, given he got the country and timeline completely wrong. Its like he read those comics as a kid and just based it off of what he could remember.
    It doesn't contradict everything ever then lol.

I went from being hopeful and happy with the state of Spider-Man to completely stopping reading in one issue. It was impressive work. Not GOOD, but impressive.
    Honestly before that I was already wary, because Sinister War sucked, Beyond had decent ideas but the whole thing felt off, the ending was bad, ASM#1 vol 6 got a lot of delays and, I heard so many rumors about of bullshit that was gonna happen in it, plenty of them didn't happen (Just the idea of Spidey nuking Krakoa was ridiculous and it's kinda shocking so many believed it lol), but then I saw leaked pages showing that some were true, then there were also leaks about Ben and Madelyne teaming up, and Moira attacking MJ...

Seriously, it was rough, everything was telling me to not give ASM#1 vol 6 a chance, but, I went for it anyways, I tried to find **** to enjoy, and while I liked Tombstone and Digger, well, like I said a bunch of times, if Spidey is the worst thing in a Spider-Man comic, I have no reason to read it, specially when the "good" things about it aren't staying.

Yeah.....I'm going to the Marvels largely out of obligation, i haven't missed a MCU movie yet and I have A-List so it's an excuse to hang out with my buddy. Deadpool 3 has enough other cooks to actually correct him. But I for sure went from "huh ok" to "do not want" when his name is mentioned.
    Expect a kid to be eaten in Deadpool 3 .

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    Ah...it's just like the good old days again. Strapped for cash (well...not really, I saved up a bunch for this endeavor) and drowning in comic books.

Quote Originally Posted by Venomsaurus View Post
    Oof I had no idea he was involved with Deadpool 3 as well. That just about kills all enthusiasm I had for that flick. I'll be avoiding Wells' future work as well. This run has just left too awful a taste in my mouth to ever try anything else of his out. It's also reminded me how much I've hated past stuff like Venom: Dark Origin.
    Honestly this run also made issues in his fun stuff more noticeable to me, 'cause in Hellions I already didn't like Havok, but, the way he writes him has a similar idea of how he fucks over MJ, in which a love interest for the main character, is screwed over for that character lol.

I can't speak for Havok in general, but I saw some of his fans not liking that, which's fair, he has little characterization besides obsessing with Madelyne, it's a good thing he lost focus lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    You'd love my plan. Another Demon Lord maybe Dormammu (I'm not certain which would be best) allies themselves with the real MJ to bring Big Red down for good. His obsession with the Parkers turns out to be a misleading vision (the whole Mayday thing) he was given by this entity because only "someone pure of heart" can kill Mephisto. The entity would outplay Mephisto wanting Peter to kill Big Red out of righteous anger but they realize MJ will do just as well; the story progresses from there.
    I haven't seen sarcasm this strong in a while, congrats lol.

I'll just say that your ideas are not something I'd wanna read about, the less Mephisto in Spider-Man, the better, and getting Dormammu involved at all, yeah...
    Last edited by Lukmendes; 06-10-2023 at 07:22 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

....I haven't seen sarcasm this strong in a while, congrats lol.

I'll just say that your ideas are not something I'd wanna read about, the less Mephisto in Spider-Man, the better, and getting Dormammu involved at all, yeah...
    You want to fix things you have to deal with, well, with the infamous deal. That plot point must be resolved thanks to Marvel Editorial lol. But, this would be the end of any Demon Lord in the life of Peter & Co. because the twist ending is the One Above All would step in and forbid the lords from ever bothering Spidey again, due to the mess made by their feud. Oh, and Norman's soul gets dragged to hell as I previously mentioned after the ghosts of his victims demand justice so no more Green Goblin, Red Goblin, Gold Goblin, etc. either. Things need to move on permanently from both Mephisto and Norman Osborn, IMHO.

This is largely good analysis and we've disagreed with this before so I'll make my case.

I think you hae a duty of loyalty and fidelity to a romantic partner until you tell them otherwise. Like you can't be released until you release them. Obviously, there are exceptions, like if someone dies or is presumed dead. But anything that breaks this rule is, to me, cheating, intent to decieve or not. Like If I bang my secretary and come home and tell my wife that's still me cheating (ulness the rules of our relationship established this otherwise). So under my definition MJ has a duty to stay faithful until she has reason to believe she will not be rescued. In fairness, this is a murky area. She expected him quickly, and six months later he's still not there. Does she know about the time dilation? Unclear. It's also unclear, if and when she would have engaged in a relationship with Paul. The book is not clear. There are only two moments really presented to us as "relationship changing" or potentially so. The moment they touch hands, and the moment with Owen. The rest of the time is presented as them just living life in the same status quo. Which means she gave up on Peter in less than a year and a half. I don't think that's really reasonable in that situation, so I define it as cheating.

Hold up you don't think waiting in the same spot for 4 months in a post apocalyptic world enough time for her to warrant that spiderman isn't coming to her rescue and come to the realization that this world is her new home. I think it's pretty fair to say that she didn't know about the time dilation. Like how could she know? "How would she be able to release Peter"

It's not like she was living a tranquil life over there and had time to think about hooking up with Paul, She was trying to stay alive. 1 year and half is enough time to try to move on in her life and try to find happiness where she can get it. How much time did she need to wait for you to excuse and forgive MJ?

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

You want to fix things you have to deal with, well, with the infamous deal. That plot point must be resolved thanks to Marvel Editorial lol. But, this would be the end of any Demon Lord in the life of Peter & Co. because the twist ending is the One Above All would step in and forbid the lords from ever bothering Spidey again, due to the mess made by their feud. Oh, and Norman's soul gets dragged to hell as I previously mentioned after the ghosts of his victims demand justice so no more Green Goblin, Red Goblin, Gold Goblin, etc. either. Things need to move on permanently from both Mephisto and Norman Osborn, IMHO.
    Considering the 90s animated series featured Dormammu twice, first in the Doctor Strange team-up episode where Peter had to rescue Mary Jane from a cult led by Baron Mordo that got her to join by tricking her into believing her deadbeat dad came back to make amends while Mordo was really plotting to unleash Dormammu into the world, second in the Venom Returns and Carnage two-part arc where Dormammu, through Mordo, was behind the Venom symbiote returning to Earth while also spawning the Carnage symbiote, both becoming Dormammu's agents to unleash him upon the world, even if Carnage was far more willing and enthusiastic than Venom turned out to be . . . there would be some precedent. Hell, Spider-Verse arguably wouldn't have happened without the 90s animated series finale "Spider Wars" as the first time (a version of) Spider-Man interacted with the Multiverse, so there would be that as well.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Mighty Member

I've seen that episode being mentioned a few times here, sounds like a shitpost lol.
    I have no idea which episode they keep referencing but She-Hulk was bad so really it could be any of them. Disappointing. Ms. Marvel was ok, needed a villain, kinda bad last issue. But She-Hulk just had no idea what it wanted to be.

It doesn't contradict everything ever then lol.
    I mean she was IN Europe the continent at some point and at another point Peter does go to Canada at some point so those parts are correct. Not the timing of them but the fact that they happened at all is true.

Honestly before that I was already wary, because Sinister War sucked, Beyond had decent ideas but the whole thing felt off, the ending was bad, ASM#1 vol 6 got a lot of delays and, I heard so many rumors about of bullshit that was gonna happen in it, plenty of them didn't happen (Just the idea of Spidey nuking Krakoa was ridiculous and it's kinda shocking so many believed it lol), but then I saw leaked pages showing that some were true, then there were also leaks about Ben and Madelyne teaming up, and Moira attacking MJ...

Seriously, it was rough, everything was telling me to not give ASM#1 vol 6 a chance, but, I went for it anyways, I tried to find **** to enjoy, and while I liked Tombstone and Digger, well, like I said a bunch of times, if Spidey is the worst thing in a Spider-Man comic, I have no reason to read it, specially when the "good" things about it aren't staying.
    Way more generous than me. I saw those MJ pages and I was out immediaty. Just slammed that Ejector button.

Expect a kid to be eaten in Deadpool 3 .
    I'm sure Ryan Reynolds can make it work.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Flashback View Post
    Hold up you don't think waiting in the same spot for 4 months in a post apocalyptic world enough time for her to warrant that spiderman isn't coming to her rescue and come to the realization that this world is her new home. I think it's pretty fair to say that she didn't know about the time dilation. Like how could she know? "How would she be able to release Peter"

It's not like she was living a tranquil life over there and had time to think about hooking up with Paul, She was trying to stay alive. 1 year and half is enough time to try to move on in her life and try to find happiness where she can get it. How much time did she need to wait for you to excuse and forgive MJ?
    Considering who she is and who he is, no, I don't. Paul seems to know about the time dilation from comments he makes when they first meet him. Exactly how much is unknown. And honestly 6 months just isn't that long. People do that all the time in the modern world. Unless you give her some reason to belive Peter isn't coming or can't come I really don't think it's long enough no. Especially when he's already proven to have been able to build the tech before. Like she knows escape is ppossible, why would she give up on escape that quickly? Why would she ever?

You want to fix things you have to deal with, well, with the infamous deal. That plot point must be resolved thanks to Marvel Editorial lol.
    Honestly I'm of the opinion that Mephisto doesn't have to be dealt with just to undo what OMD did, since its actual changes are rather, minimal, just have Spidey and MJ be with each other again, maybe have them learn of OMD but that's it.

An often ignored, major point about "Undoing OMD" is that Spidey's secret identity would become public anyways lol.

But, this would be the end of any Demon Lord in the life of Peter & Co. because the twist ending is the One Above All would step in and forbid the lords from ever bothering Spidey again, due to the mess made by their feud.
    Eh... I already don't like the idea of Dormammu being dragged into this, TOAA as well is just weird, he mostly doesn't interfere by default after all lol.

It's sounding like, the characters are being dragged into this just so some Spider-Guy can end up with some model again, others pulled into this plot for their benefit.

Who knows though, Dormammu could actually have a good plan that makes sense to use MJ for it, but, uh, this really sounds like it doesn't benefit him and it's just giving MJ, whatever she needs for the plot to work lol.

Oh, and Norman's soul gets dragged to hell as I previously mentioned after the ghosts of his victims demand justice so no more Green Goblin, Red Goblin, Gold Goblin, etc. either. Things need to move on permanently from both Mephisto and Norman Osborn, IMHO.
    Well that I'm fine with, though I don't really care about Norman being around to begin with lol.

Though, whatever, even if I found the whole thing to be far worse than whatever the hell Wells is making, or better than anything DeMatteis has written, it's just a fanfiction, so have fun with whatever you come up with lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Considering the 90s animated series featured Dormammu twice, first in the Doctor Strange team-up episode where Peter had to rescue Mary Jane from a cult led by Baron Mordo that got her to join by tricking her into believing her deadbeat dad came back to make amends while Mordo was really plotting to unleash Dormammu into the world, second in the Venom Returns and Carnage two-part arc where Dormammu, through Mordo, was behind the Venom symbiote returning to Earth while also spawning the Carnage symbiote, both becoming Dormammu's agents to unleash him upon the world, even if Carnage was far more willing and enthusiastic than Venom turned out to be . . . there would be some precedent. Hell, Spider-Verse arguably wouldn't have happened without the 90s animated series finale "Spider Wars" as the first time (a version of) Spider-Man interacted with the Multiverse, so there would be that as well.
    The second one sounds so odd lol.

I mean she was IN Europe the continent at some point and at another point Peter does go to Canada at some point so those parts are correct. Not the timing of them but the fact that they happened at all is true.
    See? It doesn't contradict everything ever .

Way more generous than me. I saw those MJ pages and I was out immediaty. Just slammed that Ejector button.
    Yeah like, I just thought I should give it at least one chance, it was questionable to begin with to think a BND writer who made a bunch of mistakes in Beyond improved his writing, but, at the very least, I wanted to see with my own eyes, the good and the bad, and no one can say I didn't try to enjoy it, despite all the bullshit I gave it a chance lol.

I'm sure Ryan Reynolds can make it work.
    Would be funny if Deadpool eats a baby doll now that I think of it lol.

Considering who she is and who he is, no, I don't. Paul seems to know about the time dilation from comments he makes when they first meet him. Exactly how much is unknown. And honestly 6 months just isn't that long. People do that all the time in the modern world.
    To be fair, six months in a post apocalyptic world is gonna feel a lot longer than six months in the real world.

Though I guess you can make a joke that New York is such a shithole that it makes little difference lol.

Unless you give her some reason to belive Peter isn't coming or can't come I really don't think it's long enough no. Especially when he's already proven to have been able to build the tech before. Like she knows escape is ppossible, why would she give up on escape that quickly? Why would she ever?
    Four years is a lot of time, while I understand the annoyance with her moving on, depending on how it happened it doesn't sound like cheating, not that this excuses the, probable bad writing Wells did with MJ lol.
    Last edited by Lukmendes; 06-10-2023 at 07:40 PM.

BANNED

Honestly I'm of the opinion that Mephisto doesn't have to be dealt with just to undo what OMD did, since its actual changes are rather, minimal, just have Spidey and MJ be with each other again, maybe have them learn of OMD but that's it.

An often ignored, major point about "Undoing OMD" is that Spidey's secret identity would become public anyways lol.

Eh... I already don't like the idea of Dormammu being dragged into this, TOAA as well is just weird, he mostly doesn't interfere by default after all lol.

It's sounding like, the characters are being dragged into this just so some Spider-Guy can end up with some model again, others pulled into this plot for their benefit.

Who knows though, Dormammu could actually have a good plan that makes sense to use MJ for it, but, uh, this really sounds like it doesn't benefit him and it's just giving MJ, whatever she needs for the plot to work lol.

Well that I'm fine with, though I don't really care about Norman being around to begin with lol.

Though, whatever, even if I found the whole thing to be far worse than whatever the hell Wells is making, or better than anything DeMatteis has written, it's just a fanfiction, so have fun with whatever you come up with lol.

The second one sounds so odd lol.

See? It doesn't contradict everything ever .

Yeah like, I just thought I should give it at least one chance, it was questionable to begin with to think a BND writer who made a bunch of mistakes in Beyond improved his writing, but, at the very least, I wanted to see with my own eyes, the good and the bad, and no one can say I didn't try to enjoy it, despite all the bullshit I gave it a chance lol.

Would be funny if Deadpool eats a baby doll now that I think of it lol.

To be fair, six months in a post apocalyptic world is gonna feel a lot longer than six months in the real world.

Though I guess you can make a joke that New York is such a shithole that it makes little difference lol.

Four years is a lot of time, while I understand the annoyance with her moving on, depending on how it happened it doesn't sound like cheating, not that this excuses the, probable bad writing Wells did with MJ lol.
    Boom MJ turns out to have been replaced by a Skrull a while ago

Quote Originally Posted by clonegeek View Post
    Boom MJ turns out to have been replaced by a Skrull a while ago
    Would that lead to Secret Invasion III? .

Would that lead to Secret Invasion III? .
    PS I was spitballing about how OMD might be logically undone. I really don't care enough about 616 Spidey anymore to write a story (good or otherwise). I'm very apathetic about 616 these days.

Edit - I have a couple of fanfics already about Spidey that are rather popular but I've given up on them; the current run is that epic. How could I improve on perfection? Paul is the pinnacle of 616; his introduction storyline will become a legend for all time no doubt.
    Last edited by Celgress; 06-10-2023 at 08:50 PM.

PS I was spitballing about how OMD might be logically undone. I really don't care enough about 616 Spidey anymore to write a story (good or otherwise). I'm very apathetic about 616 these days.

Edit - I have a couple of fanfics already about Spidey that are rather popular but I've given up on them. There is no enjoyment in writing or reading anything derived from 616 Spidey for me. This past year has killed my interest completely the current run is that epic. How could I improve on perfection; Paul is the pinnacle of 616. His introduction storyline will become a legend for all time no doubt.
    I mean you mentioned plans so I assumed you were writing somethin' lol.

Anyways, random reminder Spidey loves MJ's peaches:

(Spectacular#162).