Page 382 of 410 FirstFirst ... 282332372378379380381382383384385386392 ... LastLast
Results 5,716 to 5,730 of 6148

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Suffice to say they haven't put a lot of thought into this .
    Given that we've still only seen her suit up for a grand total of one panel (by a completely different creative team) in a comic that came out around five months ago, it seems obvious they didn't put a lot of thought into any of this.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Given that we've still only seen her suit up for a grand total of one panel (by a completely different creative team) in a comic that came out around five months ago, it seems obvious they didn't put a lot of thought into any of this.
    I haven't had the opportunity to see what happens in First strike yet. But from what people are saying, we might not see MJ at all in Gang War proper. So like the only appearance we know for her as Jackpot is 1 tie-in mini where it's not entirely clear how the mini even ties into ASM in the first place.

Then we have only 16 issues at most left in Well's run. Imo it's pretty clear that they didn't really have any plans for MJ outside of writing her out of ASM for a good amount of Well's run.

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Moxxi517 View Post
    I haven't had the opportunity to see what happens in First strike yet. But from what people are saying, we might not see MJ at all in Gang War proper. So like the only appearance we know for her as Jackpot is 1 tie-in mini where it's not entirely clear how the mini even ties into ASM in the first place.

Then we have only 16 issues at most left in Well's run. Imo it's pretty clear that they didn't really have any plans for MJ outside of writing her out of ASM for a good amount of Well's run.
    People are impatient and like to come up with their own narrative. This is a one shot to setup the event. Next issue is also a giant sized issue where Peter is setting up hos team so we shall see

The issue where MJ became Jackpot (ASM vol 6 #31) came out in early August. People reacting like they have isn't much of a surprise. What is a surprise is we haven't actually seen MJ suited up as Jackpot again in all that time.

Can we drop this "MJ stole Kamala's bangle to use as part of her Jackpot costume" now? MJ would never steal something off of a dead teenager's body. It's clear that Peter stole it off a dead teenager's body, though.

Can we drop this "MJ stole Kamala's bangle to use as part of her Jackpot costume" now? MJ would never steal something off of a dead teenager's body. It's clear that Peter stole it off a dead teenager's body, though.
    peter took it back from Mj after she made Paul make a copy of it for her costume
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Why didn't he just give it to her before?

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Why didn't he just give it to her before?
    Because...reasons?
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

I get that this was supposed to set up a fairly heartwarming moment, and would succeed otherwise, except the plot hole here . . .
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Spectacular Member

Screen Shot 2023-11-30 at 7.49.25 AM.jpg

One thing I thought was weird in the latest issue is how the Jackpot mini isn't present on the list of issues needed to be read for Gang War. Is there a reason for this? The mini comes out in January, and is a Gang War tie-in so I thought that I would have seen it there.

One thing I thought was weird in the latest issue is how the Jackpot mini isn't present on the list of issues needed to be read for Gang War. Is there a reason for this? The mini comes out in January, and is a Gang War tie-in so I thought that I would have seen it there.
    It's a one-shot, and I have no idea why it isn't on this list. Maybe it was a last-minute addition.

Spectacular Member 9AlphaOmega1's Avatar

That is why I am so confused with the editorials from the big two. At Marvel they made a big deal about MJ getting powers, that means they have at least a year or half a year to decide what direction to take her, like when to give her a mini series with a creative team ready to go.

But after the "deaths" of her children, we only got two short stories from two different teams. Don't you want to hit the ground running, I was at the Women of Marvel panel at NYCC 2023, and Jackpot was on the cover with other women of Marvel book, the creators of the book didn't even mention her, but talk about other characters like Ms Marvel, Black Widow, etc..

I was going to get the one-shot, but it feels it was put in at the last minute, so I don't know if I want it. I feel that way, what others feels if the mini series do or if comes out.

Same with DC, after the end of Stargirl and the lost Children, it was insinuated that a book comes called the Young Justice Society team book, which I was looking forward to. But nothing came of it.

Marvel can't seem to make up their mind about Jackpot. Or obviously don't think it's that important. Or it's all last-minute.

Amazing Member

Marvel can't seem to make up their mind about Jackpot. Or obviously don't think it's that important. Or it's all last-minute.
    I feel like if it was last minute they wouldn't have been hyping her up as a character for so long. Like in the conspiracy thread it was mentioned that it takes months to plan out these stories and such, and it has been months since it was first announcement so they should have had ample time to plan out at least some sort of tie in for the character.

To now put on my conspiracy cap, the only thing I can think of was that they realized the original plan for the character would fall flat and they are now reworking the story (which caused it to be delayed) meaning originally the Jackpot story originally wasn't supposed to take place during Gang War so it wasn't included in the list.

Quote Originally Posted by Lifetap View Post
    I feel like if it was last minute they wouldn't have been hyping her up as a character for so long. Like in the conspiracy thread it was mentioned that it takes months to plan out these stories and such, and it has been months since it was first announcement so they should have had ample time to plan out at least some sort of tie in for the character.

To now put on my conspiracy cap, the only thing I can think of was that they realized the original plan for the character would fall flat and they are now reworking the story (which caused it to be delayed) meaning originally the Jackpot story originally wasn't supposed to take place during Gang War so it wasn't included in the list.
    This kind of reminds me of how Dark Web had virtually little to do with the actual Dark Web storyline and even ended after it had wrapped up. I think later issues weren't even listed as proper tie-ins.