Page 189 of 410 FirstFirst ... 89139179185186187188189190191192193199239289 ... LastLast
Results 2,821 to 2,835 of 6148

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Wow, a story about responsibility, growth and maturity. All things that current editorial consider as anathema. Thankfully there's no saying like With great power comes great responsibility associated with the franchise.

Mighty Member

1684797963965935.jpg

Kaare Andrews gets it.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Indeed. Highly Recommended (IMHO):

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Wow, a story about responsibility, growth and maturity. All things that current editorial consider as anathema. Thankfully there's no saying like With great power comes great responsibility associated with the franchise.
    Good use of sarcasm there.

Quote Originally Posted by Xenon View Post
    1684797963965935.jpg

Kaare Andrews gets it.
    It seems everyone but Marvel editorial gets it.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member

1684797963965935.jpg

Kaare Andrews gets it.
    That might explains why at issue 25, Andrews didn't or refuse to draw any romantic scenes between MJ and Paul except looking at each other. lol, ever think about that?

BANNED

1684797963965935.jpg

Kaare Andrews gets it.
    Not surprised at this at all. Dude knows his Spider-Man. Maybe Marvel should consider letting him handle ASM and fix this mess.

Fantastic Member

It just occurred to me that the second year of this run is could be Peter and MJ working together as superheroes and likely getting close as a result of that and potentially pissing off both of their current partners.

The hits never stop. It lets them put Peter and MJ together but in a way that makes them seem like assholes

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Coop View Post
    It just occurred to me that the second year of this run is could be Peter and MJ working together as superheroes and likely getting close as a result of that and potentially pissing off both of their current partners.

The hits never stop. It lets them put Peter and MJ together but in a way that makes them seem like assholes
    IDK, I kind of like Peter and MJ being assholes to everyone else. The Marvel Universe has been incredibly unfair to the both of them.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    IDK, I kind of like Peter and MJ being assholes to everyone else. The Marvel Universe has been incredibly unfair to the both of them.
    If I had any hope it was going to be portrayed as them being happy and selfish instead of guilty and miserable I would fully agree.

Honestly I feel like the Superhero thing will just try to separate them more than put them together. Unless Paul doesn't like MJ being a Superhero.
    Isn't that more editorial?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    That might explains why at issue 25, Andrews didn't or refuse to draw any romantic scenes between MJ and Paul except looking at each other. lol, ever think about that?
    It wouldn't be the first time an artist has put into place a backdoor solution. But since he's not the only artist and that part has been consistent I still maintain that's intentional

I'm not nearly that optimistic. That is too good an ending based on what we've had so far. I mean, I kinda predicted this idea a while ago, That the kids would go in 26, MJ would go away to grieve for a while and then she would come back and start flirting with Peter but they couldn't get together because he was with Black Cat. I don't think my mind can comprehend i might have been that close to right.

If I had any hope it was going to be portrayed as them being happy and selfish instead of guilty and miserable I would fully agree.
    I dont' really have a problem with that. Look I'm not opposed to a Spencer style "yeah we're together now of course we are" moment but i'm also not opposed to actually making the rebonding an emotional journey. As I've been thinking about this a lot recently, in this scenario, we'd be in a similar place as JMS was at the start of his run. The 2001 annual where they break up Peter and MJ is just awful. Completely nonsense, irredeemable. But, by breaking them up, JMS got to write a bunch of stories about them coming together and those are full of powerful moments for them. The part where Peter calls MJ because he thinks he's about to die to Morlun. THe part where MJ calls Peter distressed because Shastra says she slept with Spider-Man. Them reuniting in the airport. Those are good moments, and we only got them because of that garbage setup. Now, I'm not so positive to think we're getting anything close to that. Wells has not show the capacity for that kind of drama. But think about it. Paul is out of the picture because of course he is. MJ starts out respecting Felicia's relatinship with PEter. Maybe she goes on a couple of dates but it doesn't stick. She decides, "#$%^ it, I'mma get my man" and just starts opening hitting on Peter. Peter obviously wants it but also made commitments to Felicia (ASM 19/20). So he's torn, MJ is just in screw everyone else I tried being the nice girl mode, and eventuallyh teh whoel thing comes to a head and they reunite. Yeah ther's some moping and misery and its takes soem time but it's not a bad time at all. That could be fun!

I have zero faith we're anywhere close to that based on these 25 issues. But it fits with everything we've read so far.

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Isn't that more editorial?
    I was conflating the two as one.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Extraordinary Member

It wouldn't be the first time an artist has put into place a backdoor solution. But since he's not the only artist and that part has been consistent I still maintain that's intentional

I'm not nearly that optimistic. That is too good an ending based on what we've had so far. I mean, I kinda predicted this idea a while ago, That the kids would go in 26, MJ would go away to grieve for a while and then she would come back and start flirting with Peter but they couldn't get together because he was with Black Cat. I don't think my mind can comprehend i might have been that close to right.

I dont' really have a problem with that. Look I'm not opposed to a Spencer style "yeah we're together now of course we are" moment but i'm also not opposed to actually making the rebonding an emotional journey. As I've been thinking about this a lot recently, in this scenario, we'd be in a similar place as JMS was at the start of his run. The 2001 annual where they break up Peter and MJ is just awful. Completely nonsense, irredeemable. But, by breaking them up, JMS got to write a bunch of stories about them coming together and those are full of powerful moments for them. The part where Peter calls MJ because he thinks he's about to die to Morlun. THe part where MJ calls Peter distressed because Shastra says she slept with Spider-Man. Them reuniting in the airport. Those are good moments, and we only got them because of that garbage setup. Now, I'm not so positive to think we're getting anything close to that. Wells has not show the capacity for that kind of drama. But think about it. Paul is out of the picture because of course he is. MJ starts out respecting Felicia's relatinship with PEter. Maybe she goes on a couple of dates but it doesn't stick. She decides, "#$%^ it, I'mma get my man" and just starts opening hitting on Peter. Peter obviously wants it but also made commitments to Felicia (ASM 19/20). So he's torn, MJ is just in screw everyone else I tried being the nice girl mode, and eventuallyh teh whoel thing comes to a head and they reunite. Yeah ther's some moping and misery and its takes soem time but it's not a bad time at all. That could be fun!

I have zero faith we're anywhere close to that based on these 25 issues. But it fits with everything we've read so far.
    I think you’ve hit the nose on the one benefit of *genuine* “soap opera writing” in comics as compared to the current meta-text reliant “troll” writing; talented and insightful writing afterwards can make lemonade out of lemons.

…In fact, that fact might be why Quesada and some of his successors resort to magic and reality altering “break up devices” now - they saw that talented and skilled writers would naturally be tempted to see if they could make “lemonade” when they didn’t want anyone eating or drinking anything at all.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

I was conflating the two as one.
    Don't hate the characters, hate the game.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Garlador View Post
    While I never loved the idea of her as a model and actress, I always thought she’d excel as a mid-level TV star that had consistent work but never big enough to be rich or be tabloid fodder. And “being away on a shoot” would give Peter’s stories room to tell big adventures without her always there. I loved in the pre-OMD days how she would teach Peter how to act more heroic and put on a show to get the general public to like him more.

Outside of all that, she got more and more dragged into crazy situations (she was an abuse survivor long before Spider-Man showed up), I really wanted her to take up a career as a self-defense instructor.
    That is kind of what I mean by 'working actress' She would be doing thinks like made for TV movies, supporting roles in big movies and guest roles on TV series and maybe even a run on a series that last a few years. Throw in the occasional Broadway or off Broadway play and modeling jobs. So she is successful in that she is known and worth several million dollars...but she is not a $20 Million dollar a movie actress.
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?

The Amazing Spider-Man #28 Ariel Diaz

https://twitter.com/TheComicAwakens/...10521126809600