Page 2 of 410 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mercwmouth12 View Post
    Wonder if freshman year is still going on will be she in the show?
    Granted we still have limited information at this point
    She doesn't seem to be in the initial cast but the showrunner said he's a fan of the 90's show (I believe) so they might want to have a Face it Tiger moment at the end of the season.

(Then again we aren't even sure if it's really getting a second season now...)

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

Random of all these threads created in the new year it's only like five maybe 6 that are regularly used

Astonishing Member

Random of all these threads created in the new year it's only like five maybe 6 that are regularly used
    This is one of them

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    Happy New Year! Well...almost, I guess it depends on where you are. Remember that time the Silver Surfer let MJ ride the surfboard? That was a great scene.
    It sure was. J. Michael Straczynski wrote the hell out of that scene, if not the entirety of Silver Surfer: Requiem, in my view, and to cap it off, it was the experience with MJ on the Silver Surfer's board that inspired him to temporarily share a fragment of the Power Cosmic with everyone on Earth, to show them the wonder and beauty of the universe and hopefully inspire them to do and be better. Really heartwarming.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Practically only 10 minutes of total screentime and in my book one of the most underrated and likeable depictions of Mary Jane:

Indeed. Just a shame it took so long for her to show up.

Wonder if freshman year is still going on will be she in the show?
    Granted we still have limited information at this point
    She doesn't seem to be in the initial cast but the showrunner said he's a fan of the 90's show (I believe) so they might want to have a Face it Tiger moment at the end of the season.

(Then again we aren't even sure if it's really getting a second season now...)
    Hmm, yeah . . .
    The spider is always on the hunt.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Indeed. Just a shame it took so long for her to show up.
    That version of MJ was worth the wait, even better is that there was no relationship drama when she came in and she got to be a great pal to Peter, lening him her ear and giving him advise on life and dealing with his other friends. She had little screen time but left quite an impact, and of course Peter appreciated it and their love blossomed at the end.

Marvel's Spider-Man wasn't the best animated series, but the few things it did right (besides I think Otto), was probably MJ, oh, and not making Gwen a love interest helped too.

BANNED

Thank you for including her hyphenated married name. I liked MJ and Peter best as a married couple.

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

Big year for MJ. Can feel it in my bones lol

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Practically only 10 minutes of total screentime and in my book one of the most underrated and likeable depictions of Mary Jane:

I just watched her make her entrance into the show and it was HILARIOUS! Poor Peter, he finally gets to meet MJ and Groot has to screw it all up by playing with web-shooters and eating Aunt May's ice cream cake, LOL!
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    That version of MJ was worth the wait, even better is that there was no relationship drama when she came in and she got to be a great pal to Peter, lening him her ear and giving him advise on life and dealing with his other friends. She had little screen time but left quite an impact, and of course Peter appreciated it and their love blossomed at the end.

Marvel's Spider-Man wasn't the best animated series, but the few things it did right (besides I think Otto), was probably MJ, oh, and not making Gwen a love interest helped too.
    Even better she got to show off how resourceful and courageous she is even without powers .

It's weird. It kind of felt like they were building up to something with Gwen initially in season 1, but then that never went anywhere. Then Peter and Kamala got shipped hard in season 2.

Of course it probably doesn't help that Marvel cartoons at the time were pretty anti-romance.

Astonishing Member

Anyone hoping that Peter David will do the same as J. M. DeMatteis and when Peter plays a main focus on his Hulk flashback books like New Fantastic Four or this week Mr Fixit book. Peter when referring to MJ, he will use the W word that Spider editors hate the most. New FF had no MJ reference but heres Mr Fixit having Peter say wife or say he's a married man. If I recalled, PAD is one of the writers back then that had no problem with the marriage and wrote it just fine.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    I guess that depends on how long Wells remains on the title, and how long you know who and the kids are around.

Wells has done a terrible job with all of that. These aren't characters. They're just objects that symbolize why Peter and MJ aren't together.
    Totally agree his treatment of MJ is one of the biggest reasons I cannot stand his run. I’d almost say he dislikes the character so badly does he write her. But then his writing is general awful all round.

Big year for MJ. Can feel it in my bones lol
    Yeah, they're making her a superhero this year. How long until she joins the Avengers?

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Yeah, they're making her a superhero this year. How long until she joins the Avengers?
    Shh! That's what the Missing Moment is going to be! MJ was always an Avenger! One of the first!
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

I won't agree until I see a costume .

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    Shh! That's what the Missing Moment is going to be! MJ was always an Avenger! One of the first!
    Supposing Peter was about 15/16 when The Avengers first formed, that means MJ would have been 14/15 since she's a year younger than him. She would have been the original Young Avenger!