Page 4 of 410 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 6148
  1. #46
    Really Feeling It! Kevinroc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    California
    Posts
    13,218

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mercwmouth12 View Post
    So will see MJ or other people Peter knows in the limbo issue next week?
    MJ and BC have their own mini going on so I doubt they’ll be in ASM beyond maybe a panel or something that acknowledges the mini. (I wonder if they’ll depict MJ in her green pudding form, lol.)

  2. #47
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Feb 2022
    Posts
    4,007

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mercwmouth12 View Post
    I don't think that's gonna happen in the span of an issue of him trying to save two of his friends and escape limbo. Especially if it's a demonized version of her. That is kind of dumb imo
    How is it dumb when Peter has had a long history of facing nightmarish versions of characters in his head and through hallucinogenic hellscapes all doubting him, which in turn pushes him to overcome all of his anxieties and flaws for the present, break through and save the day?

  3. #48
    Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    2,851

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    How is it dumb when Peter has had a long history of facing nightmarish versions of characters in his head and through hallucinogenic hellscapes all doubting him, which in turn pushes him to overcome all of his anxieties and flaws for the present, break through and save the day?
    But look who's writing the issue. Kind of defeats what you're point, which makes sense, but not sure we'll get that

  4. #49
    Extraordinary Member Prime's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,039

    Default

    As it stand right now IDK what the f is Marvel doing to Ben and MJ man

  5. #50
    Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2022
    Posts
    4,420

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    As it stand right now IDK what the f is Marvel doing to Ben and MJ man
    They are trying to tank characters they absolutely hate once and for all in some desperate bid to make us think that Zeb Wells' depiction of Spider-Man is the one we all need to be heaping praise onto...even though he has done nothing to earn it. I won't support Zeb Wells in any endeavor, I want him off of ASM for good and to take Lowe and Slott with him. I am tired of Ben and MJ always getting the shaft from Marvel!
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

    "Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

    "You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

  6. #51
    Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    2,851

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    They are trying to tank characters they absolutely hate once and for all in some desperate bid to make us think that Zeb Wells' depiction of Spider-Man is the one we all need to be heaping praise onto...even though he has done nothing to earn it. I won't support Zeb Wells in any endeavor, I want him off of ASM for good and to take Lowe and Slott with him. I am tired of Ben and MJ always getting the shaft from Marvel!
    But if the next writer puts Peter and MJ back together and Slott is still on his book then he'll have to write them together as well

  7. #52
    Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2022
    Posts
    4,420

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mercwmouth12 View Post
    But if the next writer puts Peter and MJ back together and Slott is still on his book then he'll have to write them together as well
    No more Slott. They can get someone else to replace him, hell...if I were in control I would offer JMD a huge paycheck and ask him to write the satellite while Al Ewing does a run on Amazing.
    Last edited by CaptainUniverse; 01-03-2023 at 02:03 PM.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

    "Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

    "You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

  8. #53
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Sep 2022
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    289

    Default

    Marvel is too cheap to use veteran writers like JMD on anything more than a five issue miniseries. He, Claremont, Busiek, and Peter David are the only vets they still use, and the pattern seems to be miniseries.

  9. #54
    Really Feeling It! Kevinroc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    California
    Posts
    13,218

    Default

    Long twitter thread.

    https://twitter.com/mightygodking/st...09821554741248

    i know for a fact that i'm gonna regret asking this, but...
    what are y'alls spider-man icks?
    the continuing, desperate insistence from 50+ year-old comics writers that Peter be single, despite him and MJ being a destined pairing in literally every setting they've ever written Peter in

    "but if he's single he can date Black Cat and Captain Marvel and Spider-Woman and..."

    Nobody wants to see him be with any of them! The sheer wrongness of them being Peter's significant other BLEEDS OFF THE PAGE

    frequently these writers are motivated by the belief that Gwen Stacy - a character who was killed off *three years before I was born* - is Peter's One True Girlfriend and oh god please get these men a sports car to deal with their midlife crises instead
    (The thread goes on, and is mostly about how Peter should be, but the core of it all is about how Peter is a working class character and too many writers don't understand what it means to have ever actually been poor.)

  10. #55
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    114,208

    Default

    People do want to see him with Black Cat, just sayin'...

  11. #56
    Really Feeling It! Kevinroc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    California
    Posts
    13,218

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    People do want to see him with Black Cat, just sayin'...
    The current run would be much better received if that were actually true.

  12. #57
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    114,208

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    The current run would be much better received if that were actually true.
    With the current writing? Nah, probably not.

    Granted even Spencer didn't really work that much into Peter and MJ getting back together but that was an entirely different circumstance.

  13. #58
    Really Feeling It! Kevinroc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    California
    Posts
    13,218

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    With the current writing? Nah, probably not.

    Granted even Spencer didn't really work that much into Peter and MJ getting back together but that was an entirely different circumstance.
    I'm not saying there aren't individuals who don't like the idea of Peter x Felicia, but it's absolutely a minority opinion in the grand scheme of things. But it makes for a good distraction from how badly Marvel has handled Spider-Man.

  14. #59
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    114,208

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    I'm not saying there aren't individuals who don't like the idea of Peter x Felicia, but it's absolutely a minority opinion in the grand scheme of things. But it makes for a good distraction from how badly Marvel has handled Spider-Man.
    I think it's a popular Spidey ship and always has been (a lot of people who watched the 90's show can vouch), but I also agree that it's besides the point of the current quality of the run.

  15. #60

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Long twitter thread.

    https://twitter.com/mightygodking/st...09821554741248





    (The thread goes on, and is mostly about how Peter should be, but the core of it all is about how Peter is a working class character and too many writers don't understand what it means to have ever actually been poor.)

    That's the main reason I never fully embraced MCU Peter tbh. He's meant to be a working class hero. (And MJ a working class heroine, really.)
    harryosborn.net -Me rereading every single comic that has Harry Osborn in it, and also writing some articles.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •