Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Default Batman (Jace Fox) Appreciation 2023

The new Batman of the DCU has a lot going for him spinning out of Dark Crisis!

After being instrumental in defeating Pariah, li'l Timmy found out his mother ain't his mother, changing the dynamics of the Fox family... Forever.

I Am Batman ends at issue #18, but John Ridley has already confirmed seemingly multiple projects with the new Batman and the Fox Family on the horizon.

DC Forum Appreciation Thread rules:

1) No negative comments about the honoree(s) of this thread. It's an appreciation thread, not a non-appreciation one.

2) No negative discussion about any competitors of the honoree(s) of this thread. No ifs, ands, or buts. Find another non-appreciation thread to do that, just not here.

3) No negative comments about other versions of the character. For example, if you like the DCU version of Cyborg, but hate the DCnU version (or visa versa), just appreciate the earlier version and keep your comments about the latter to yourself.
    Last edited by Superboy-Prime; 01-02-2023 at 01:09 PM.

With the DC movie verse getting rebooted and Gunn's fondness for less exposed characters, fingers crossed we get Jace in outside media projects.

Feels like this would be an ideal time to have him debute.

I get they would keep Bruce as the their main batman but there's room in animation and shows.

Happy New Year to Jace .

Happy New Year for the All-new Batman. Can't wait to see what he gets up to
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

I'm hoping he gets a season 2 like Jon does.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I'm hoping he gets a season 2 like Jon does.
    I’m hoping for a Batman & Robin series with him and Damian in a similar spirit to how Morrison’s Batman & Robin played with the traditional dynamic between the two. An older experienced Robin paired with a young rookie Batman would be another great way to invert that dynamic.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    With the DC movie verse getting rebooted and Gunn's fondness for less exposed characters, fingers crossed we get Jace in outside media projects.

Feels like this would be an ideal time to have him debute.

I get they would keep Bruce as the their main batman but there's room in animation and shows.
    Yeah........I really doubt this given how Bruce as Batman is THE DC moneymaker and pillar . I'll be surprised if he even shows up in the Webtoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I’m hoping for a Batman & Robin series with him and Damian in a similar spirit to how Morrison’s Batman & Robin played with the traditional dynamic between the two. An older experienced Robin paired with a young rookie Batman would be another great way to invert that dynamic.

It looks like they might go that route based on the promo they released.

Quote Originally Posted by NOCTPHOENIX View Post
    Yeah........I really doubt this given how Bruce as Batman is THE DC moneymaker and pillar . I'll be surprised if he even shows up in the Webtoon.
    Why does Bruce being the moneymaker mean Jace can't have his own projects outside of the live-action stuff? Or eventually show up in the Webtoon?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Superboy-Prime View Post
    Why does Bruce being the moneymaker mean Jace can't have his own projects outside of the live-action stuff? Or eventually show up in the Webtoon?
    Part of me feels DC is afraid that anyone other than Bruce in a Batman project who bares the mantle won't be accepted by the fans especially if it's a black guy.

Quote Originally Posted by NOCTPHOENIX View Post
    It looks like they might go that route based on the promo they released.
    I'm not so sure that this promo means anything much at all anymore. Except for Jon (who also only gets a mini) none of these characters are among the ones confirmed to get new books in the first half of 2023. They might be luckier with the second half, but we simply don't know that yet.

I still think Jace and Damian are only on this cover together because some people still want to push Jace. Especially since Damian is the one they chose to copy Bruce's pose and Jace is drawn smaller in the background.

But overall, they might have simply picked those characters to represent legacy to seem more diverse. Even if most of these characters might not play important roles going forward.

Astonishing Member

I'm still rooting for Jace/Damian team up book. They can have unique, interesting dynamics and it might be a fresh take on Dynamic Duo concept.
    Anyways, I hope Jace will have a good year.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I'm more interested in Jace hanging out with the Batpack than Damian. But I wouldn't mind a miniseries devoted to Jace hanging out with the Batfamily. You can call it "the brave and the bold".

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I'm more interested in Jace hanging out with the Batpack than Damian. But I wouldn't mind a miniseries devoted to Jace hanging out with the Batfamily. You can call it "the brave and the bold".
    There is a new Brave and the Bold book coming in May. It looks like it will be a new anthology book. Tom King is the only writer announced so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Astralabius View Post
    I'm not so sure that this promo means anything much at all anymore. Except for Jon (who also only gets a mini) none of these characters are among the ones confirmed to get new books in the first half of 2023. They might be luckier with the second half, but we simply don't know that yet.

I still think Jace and Damian are only on this cover together because some people still want to push Jace. Especially since Damian is the one they chose to copy Bruce's pose and Jace is drawn smaller in the background.
    We know Jace has a project coming up. Ridley confirmed that much.

But... Why wouldn't DC want to push the new Batman? I think it makes sense for Bruce's son to do his pose, especially since he's getting a whole Lazarus Planet event thingamajigger. I don't think there's anything deep behind that cover.