Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Superboy-Prime View Post
    We know Jace has a project coming up. Ridley confirmed that much.

But... Why wouldn't DC want to push the new Batman? I think it makes sense for Bruce's son to do his pose, especially since he's getting a whole Lazarus Planet event thingamajigger. I don't think there's anything deep behind that cover.
    I didn't say anything against pushing Jace. I just don't think it means they will get a book together.
    Lazarus Planet and Batman vs Robin will probably finish the storyline Damian had for the last few years. We have no idea what will happen next.

Quote Originally Posted by Astralabius View Post
    I didn't say anything against pushing Jace. I just don't think it means they will get a book together.
    Lazarus Planet and Batman vs Robin will probably finish the storyline Damian had for the last few years. We have no idea what will happen next.
    They probably won't, but the idea sounds pretty great to me. Damian Wayne gets an actual setting in NYC where he's not running into Tim, he gets the Batman and Robin book back without being a sidekick again, and Jace gets a tangential connection to the wider Batman universe.

John Ridley said there's a "couple" things coming down the road for Jace in terms of his "maturity" so that just being a mini or something that sets up both characters for their next series would be cool too.

Quote Originally Posted by NOCTPHOENIX View Post
    Yeah........I really doubt this given how Bruce as Batman is THE DC moneymaker and pillar . I'll be surprised if he even shows up in the Webtoon.
    Bruce as Batman being DC's money maker and pillar didn't stop Terry. It didn't stop Flashpoint Batman and it didn't stop WB gaming from investing heavily in a Damian Wayne batman game that was later scrapped.

Another batman doesn't stop Bruce from remaining the iconic Batman.

Miles doesn't stop Peter from being the main Spiderman and Peter being THE main Spider man and the most profitable comic IP didn't stop Miles from having an Oscar winning movie.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I'm more interested in Jace hanging out with the Batpack than Damian. But I wouldn't mind a miniseries devoted to Jace hanging out with the Batfamily. You can call it "the brave and the bold".
    Sorry don’t know what you mean by the Batpack. That Titans Academy group Sheridan created or just the regular old Batfamily?
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Sorry don’t know what you mean by the Batpack. That Titans Academy group Sheridan created or just the regular old Batfamily?
    The Batpack would actually be a fun idea considering they're based in NYC. Or were before Deathstroke destroyed their school before getting his butt kicked by Nightwing.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    The former- three students( Chucupabra, Bratgirl and Lucas) were Batman fans. So they felt like a fun match-up with Jace.

Saw people FREAKING OUT about the I Am Batman #17 Preview. It changes Jace's marketability a bit. spoilers:
    He's half Japanese.
    end of spoilers

https://aiptcomics.com/2023/01/06/dc...-am-batman-17/

Ultimate Member

Why does Bruce being the moneymaker mean Jace can't have his own projects outside of the live-action stuff? Or eventually show up in the Webtoon?
    Because he would be viewed as a threat to Bruce. Especially since he is black and we have seen way too much pushback to so many black characters for existing or being viewed as the reason someone's favorite can't get this or that.

While you get a long line of those who have issues with Jace. That seem to NEVER go away. It seems to rarely apply to others or the pushback dies down rather quickly.

Nobody was screaming Bruce is Batman when other from Dick to Jean Paul to Jim Gordon to Tim to Terry to all these variants of Bruce yet they were doing that on the RUMOR of Jace not Jace actually doing it.

I can list folks who have worn someone else's suit and folks behaved or let the story play out. Yet when it's a black guy there is an issue 75-90% of the time.

Issues where there shouldn't be.

Jace in the webtoons should NOT ben an issue. Yet someone (mainly someone looking for Youtube hits) WILL make it an issue.

If we can accept a Batman Beyond or an Oscar Winning Into the Spideverse and a success video game in Miles Morales Spiderman, there should not be any issues with others in these suits.

Saw people FREAKING OUT about the I Am Batman #17 Preview. It changes Jace's marketability a bit. spoilers:
    He's half Japanese.
    end of spoilers

He and Connor Hawke definitely need to meet.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

He's half Japanese.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    I'm not really sure what this really adds to the character other than more family drama and making Lucius look bad.

I mean, now he's bi-racial like Miles Morales? I guess? It's not like he's going to start speaking Japanese or anything.

Also funny to see Tanya complain about Jace running away from the family knowing how she did everything in her power to help him escape consequences.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    spoilers:
    I'm not really sure what this really adds to the character other than more family drama and making Lucius look bad.

I mean, now he's bi-racial like Miles Morales? I guess? It's not like he's going to start speaking Japanese or anything.

Also funny to see Tanya complain about Jace running away from the family knowing how she did everything in her power to help him escape consequences.
    end of spoilers
    Yeah I kinda find Tanya's words here like the absolute worst.

spoilers:
    Jace didn't run away from his problems. He was sent to a military school because his trauma became too much of a hassle for Lucius and Tanya. He was fucking abandoned by his parents.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Mantis-Ray; 01-06-2023 at 04:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post

spoilers:
    Jace didn't run away from his problems. He was sent to a military school because his trauma became too much of a hassle for Lucius and Tanya. He was fucking abandoned by his parents.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Yeah in my mind there is something kind of completely different with a kid running away scared from an accident and basically lying to someone about who they are. Does it change that Tanya raised him? No absolutely not and it doesn’t change she should be like a mother in his eyes. But it’s not exactly nothing that you didn’t inform him about his birth and how it impacted your marriage.

Although it raises some interesting questions about how Tiff was born.
    end of spoilers
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    to play Devil’s advocate for a moment, the running away seems to be more how he refused to return to Gotham after military school to finish up the legalise and final parts of sweeping the hit and run under rug via the settlement.

While I do understand that work relationships along the same chain of authority are no nos for a reason, it’s a bit much for Jace to immediately effectively accuse Lucius of rape
    end of spoilers surely?

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    spoilers:
    to play Devil’s advocate for a moment, the running away seems to be more how he refused to return to Gotham after military school to finish up the legalise and final parts of sweeping the hit and run under rug via the settlement.

While I do understand that work relationships along the same chain of authority are no nos for a reason, it’s a bit much for Jace to immediately effectively accuse Lucius of rape
    end of spoilers surely?
    spoilers:
    I don't think he's insinuating rape so much as just making it clear that there was a power imbalance in their relationship. On-top of cheating on his wife.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Yup I am quickly not becoming a fan of this development.

All it does is make the Fox family look like assholes again, which is already a reoccurring issue in this book.

Lucius especially has suffered a lot here becoming an anti-mask supporter of the Magistrate and even funding them, being revealed as a distant, neglectful, and at times emotionally abusive father, also covered up his son's murder of someone with an army of lawyers leaving the victims nothing, and all this on top of that he's still hoarding money that is technically Bruce's.

And now we can add spoilers:
    adultery
    end of spoilers to that.