Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Especially if it mean trashing in this Lucious Fox.
    Teatment of Lucious has anyway not been great in the comics in the last year.

With the popularity boos he got from the Nolan Films they could have easily turned into the third big civilian support character of Batman (besides Alfred and Gordon), but post rebirth they barely done anything with him, and I don't think anyone likes what they have done with him since Joker Wars.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Spoilers from the new issue

spoilers:
    Feels like Ridley is more interested in creating his own superhero squad than focusing on Jace cause now we officially have a new Question or Nobody as Hadiyah has officially taken up the faceless mask in the second to last issue on the series
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

So Jace is not just the first BLACK Batman, he’s also the first _______ Batman.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post

spoilers:
    Feels like Ridley is more interested in creating his own superhero squad than focusing on Jace cause now we officially have a new Question or Nobody as Hadiyah has officially taken up the faceless mask in the second to last issue on the series
    end of spoilers
    He sets up his own personal corner in DC, using NYC as a location for this. I can understand that given that DC isn't that keen on pushing Jace in Gotham, so Ridley is slowly building his own environment.

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    I feel like this has a harder time catching on than Jace does.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Well that is what writers like Ridley do. Throw in stuff that is not really needed. Especially if it mean trashing in this Lucious Fox.

I remember a certain tv show pulled this same stunt. The show suffered a 75% rating decrease as it turned folks OFF, got a producer fired and one of the current cast members of Abbot Elementary on ABC written off the show-because she didn't like the story either.
    Ironically you could apply to Jace as a whole. I like the original take on Tim Fox and felt like it gave a good basis for the Next Batman. Having Tim Fox the kid who accused Bruce Wayne of being a slum lord become the Next Batman is a hell of a pitch.

Don't get me wrong the original issues are super dated but the idea interests me.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    So Jace is not just the first BLACK Batman, he’s also the first _______ Batman.
    just like Obama lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    He sets up his own personal corner in DC, using NYC as a location for this. I can understand that given that DC isn't that keen on pushing Jace in Gotham, so Ridley is slowly building his own environment.
    I'm fine with that and I'm hoping the Batpack from Titans academy joins Jace and the others.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 01-10-2023 at 03:09 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Ironically you could apply to Jace as a whole. I like the original take on Tim Fox and felt like it gave a good basis for the Next Batman. Having Tim Fox the kid who accused Bruce Wayne of being a slum lord become the Next Batman is a hell of a pitch.

Don't get me wrong the original issues are super dated but the idea interests me.

just like Obama lol.

I'm fine with that and I'm hoping the Batpack from Titans academy joins Jace and the others.
    Actually I’m wrong. The Bat-Man of the Justice League of China is the first Asian Batman.

Actually I’m wrong. The Bat-Man of the Justice League of China is the first Asian Batman.
    spoilers:
    Jace would be the second mixed Batman if you count Damian.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    I think the intent is more to build a “Batfamily” or supporting cast for Jace. I like the name for her at least and am glad we’re not getting a third Question.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Cross posted from Issue 17 thread-

I liked Ezekiel's presence in the book. I wished we got to him sooner in Second Son. Hadiyah becoming Nobody is cool but out of left field. It's more I don't know her enough to care. Ironically I was the same about Jace when he was first announced so I'm confident Ridley could win me over. In hindsight Jace's era is plagued with sluggish pacing and a scattered focus.

The parent drama is harder to feel for. I could say it's a way for Ridley to explore Jace's tendency to run from his problems. But did we need to go this far back?

Plus Tanya complaining about Jace running away feels hollow because she sent him to boarding school. Unless she was talking about am incident afterwards?
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 01-11-2023 at 05:12 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Btw. does anybody know who is older between Jace, Luke and Tam?

I thought Jace would be the older than Luke, and Tam would be significantly younger than both of them. But the last comic made it sound like they always knew about Lukes mother, which seems odd if they are his younger siblings.

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    Btw. does anybody know who is older between Jace, Luke and Tam?

I thought Jace would be the older than Luke, and Tam would be significantly younger than both of them. But the last comic made it sound like they always knew about Lukes mother, which seems odd if they are his younger siblings.
    I believe Next Batman: second son indicated that Luke is younger then Jace where as Jace and Tam are relatively around the same age?
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I believe Next Batman: second son indicated that Luke is younger then Jace where as Jace and Tam are relatively around the same age?
    Which seems odd since during his Batman series Luke was older than Tam.

On the other hand during the Bronze Age and shortly before flashpoint Tiffany was the oldest ...

Extraordinary Member

Post-Rebirth, Luke is definitely the oldest while Tiffany is of course the youngest.
    The question is who is the 2nd and 3rd between Luke and Tam.

Extraordinary Member

Post-Rebirth, Luke is definitely the oldest while Tiffany is of course the youngest.
    The question is who is the 2nd and 3rd between Luke and Tam.
    Luke had allready graduated from MIT before he became Batwing, Tam was a Havard batchelor student in Rebirth, so Luke was the oldest before Ridley. And Tiff was only 6 or 7 back than.