Page 8 of 72 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mercwmouth12 View Post
    Why not set her up with Cindy?
    Mary Jane? In a romantic way? Mary Jane has never shown any signs of being anything but Heterosexual and there’s really no need for that to change.

Also, it’d be straight up trashy to have girls who all dated Peter just start dating each other. Jerry Springer level.
    Last edited by hoth82; 01-20-2023 at 09:00 PM.

Fantastic Member

Mackay now is writing 3 ongoings, I don’t see another MJ & BC until maybe next year, but if I being honest the concept was good but it’s not worth to exploit that concept so hard, let it rest
    And unpopular opinion but MJ and Felicia the only thing that have in common is that they dated Peter, and even when they were friends in the 90s it’s was just some panels, not an entire comic

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by spiderlink View Post
    Mackay now is writing 3 ongoings, I don’t see another MJ & BC until maybe next year, but if I being honest the concept was good but it’s not worth to exploit that concept so hard, let it rest
    And unpopular opinion but MJ and Felicia the only thing that have in common is that they dated Peter, and even when they were friends in the 90s it’s was just some panels, not an entire comic
    I have to agree. It would be one thing if they could come up with an organic idea for why MJ and Felicia spend time together. The Beyond one-shot was perfect: they have to work together to save a helpless, injured Peter and it took both of their individual skills and personalities.

But already the premise is stretched thin in the current miniseries, with Felicia feeling some sort of responsibility to look in on MJ just because of Peter’s sake - not because Felicia wants to be there - and then wacky hijinks ensue. And MacKay obviously felt he had to give MJ a power watch to justify her inclusion, because there is no indication of the power watch anywhere in ASM.

I love MacKay’s Felicia. I hope he continues to write her adventures. But I don’t get the feeling that he particularly cares about writing for MJ. She’s basically an afterthought in the current series, just something for Felicia to feel guilty over, with a MacGuffin power watch that MacKay is currently using for comedic relief and then the watch will no doubt be the deus ex machina that saves them in the end. But MJ herself has no character. There’s nothing MJ about her. She’s just a sealed mystery box.

Maybe someday MJ will get a writer who cares about writing her as much as MacKay cares about writing Felicia. But for now, I’m okay with MacKay writing Felicia minis whenever he can squeeze them into his schedule but leaving MJ out.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think J. Scott Campbell consistently draws MJ with freckles. As did David Lopez.

MJ has two watches now?
    The covers have always depicted her holding that device. It’s the interior pages where it looks like just a simple watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercwmouth12 View Post
    Why not set her up with Cindy?
    Why do you want MJ to steal Felicia’s girlfriend lol?

Seriously, there was some great (platonic) chemistry between Cindy and Fel in Cindy’s book, and I’ve seen people on social media run with the idea of Cindy and Fel together.
    Last edited by TinkerSpider; 01-20-2023 at 09:58 PM.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by TinkerSpider View Post
    I have to agree. It would be one thing if they could come up with an organic idea for why MJ and Felicia spend time together. The Beyond one-shot was perfect: they have to work together to save a helpless, injured Peter and it took both of their individual skills and personalities.

But already the premise is stretched thin in the current miniseries, with Felicia feeling some sort of responsibility to look in on MJ just because of Peter’s sake - not because Felicia wants to be there - and then wacky hijinks ensue. And MacKay obviously felt he had to give MJ a power watch to justify her inclusion, because there is no indication of the power watch anywhere in ASM.

I love MacKay’s Felicia. I hope he continues to write her adventures. But I don’t get the feeling that he particularly cares about writing for MJ. She’s basically an afterthought in the current series, just something for Felicia to feel guilty over, with a MacGuffin power watch that MacKay is currently using for comedic relief and then the watch will no doubt be the deus ex machina that saves them in the end. But MJ herself has no character. There’s nothing MJ about her. She’s just a sealed mystery box.

Maybe someday MJ will get a writer who cares about writing her as much as MacKay cares about writing Felicia. But for now, I’m okay with MacKay writing Felicia minis whenever he can squeeze them into his schedule but leaving MJ out.

Why do you want MJ to steal Felicia’s girlfriend lol?

Seriously, there was some great (platonic) chemistry between Cindy and Fel in Cindy’s book, and I’ve seen people on social media run with the idea of Cindy and Fel together.
    I do think Mackay likes MJ, even in the one shot Felicia opens to MJ about her insecurities (it was out of character asf but whatever) and has Felicia practically saying how wonderful and great MJ is (she is but again ooc)
    I don’t want to be that kind of guy but social media will see girls talking to each other and will start shipping them, don’t get me wrong people can do whatever they want but if it was for social media all of girls on Marvel would be with other girls lol

Quote Originally Posted by hoth82 View Post
    Mary Jane? In a romantic way? Mary Jane has never shown any signs of being anything but Heterosexual and there’s really no need for that to change.
    Although there are at least two alternate versions of MJ who are lesbians.
    Also, it’d be straight up trashy to have girls who all dated Peter just start dating each other. Jerry Springer level.
    That's a fair point.
    Petrus Maria Johannaque sunt nubendi

Quote Originally Posted by spiderlink View Post
    I hope he sneaks Felicia into the Avengers. She was interested in joining years ago and l like how she and Tony antagonise each other

Quote Originally Posted by scouse mouse View Post
    I hope he sneaks Felicia into the Avengers. She was interested in joining years ago and l like how she and Tony antagonise each other
    They could use a third woman .

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Daibhidh View Post
    Although there are at least two alternate versions of MJ who are lesbians.
    That's a fair point.
    Exiles' Spider-Woman from the universe where a combination of the techno-organic virus and the Legacy Virus turned nearly everyone into cyborg zombies, and Spider-Gwen's, who was in a relationship with her bandmate Glory Grant and might also have unrequited feelings for Gwen?

Quote Originally Posted by scouse mouse View Post
    Yeah, that would be very cool.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Exiles' Spider-Woman from the universe where a combination of the techno-organic virus and the Legacy Virus turned nearly everyone into cyborg zombies, and Spider-Gwen's, who was in a relationship with her bandmate Glory Grant and might also have unrequited feelings for Gwen?
    Those are the ones I was thinking of. Except I don't think there's a lot of 'might' about it.
    Petrus Maria Johannaque sunt nubendi

Quote Originally Posted by Daibhidh View Post
    Those are the ones I was thinking of. Except I don't think there's a lot of 'might' about it.
    Hmm, yeah. Lots of strong subtext there.

Thanks for sharing these.

mj spider symbol is so small in order to not distract us from her real weapons
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    If the book is continuing, count that as another victory for MJ fans in that she will not be written out and Marvel actually have a direction for her character, even if it flies in the face of what makes her popular (her lack of powers and commitment to Peter), Let's also hope Felicia isn't dating Peter by the time the next volume launches so we can have the two not just perform heists while discussing a boy.
    What I want to see is a Spider-Woman(Jessica Drew) and Black Cat team up series. In addition, I would love to see Yukio(the wild one) and Black Cat work together...

https://www.writeups.org/yukio-wolverine-marvel-comics/

Astonishing Member

Cool, but I don't know if I would prefer MJ having her Spinneret's suit.