Page 13 of 72 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363 ... LastLast
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    I mean, it's a questionable choice to sexualize a character who was raped by her own father... And isn't the "Hallow's Eve" nonsense not her choice too?
    Extremely so, yes.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    first step sell the body then develop the character
    Basically how they made Punchline popular over at DC.

I mean, it's a questionable choice to sexualize a character who was raped by her own father... And isn't the "Hallow's Eve" nonsense not her choice too?
    well she wanted power to help Ben and she got it. dont worry her trauma will be used later on for her to be forgiven for her crimes like Harley
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    If I recall, her popularity also predicated on her being an even edgier Harley Quinn, with Harley being seduced by her sympathy for the Joker, perceiving him as a victim of a cruel society as embodied by Batman, while Punchline presented herself as being "in on the joke," and just as much of a nihilistic sociopath as the Joker himself, only updated for the social media age.

Unfortunately, this type of thing isn't new to either of the Big 2. Evil That Men Do retconned Felicia into a rape victim and featured a lot of sexualized imagery of her. Starfire and Cheshire are two of DC's most (in)famous fanservice characters and were both slaves in their backstories.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    https://www.cbr.com/spider-man-black-cat-worst-date/

Hmm, takes place a few weeks after Dark Web, and still in winter (the DW finale time jumped to Spring, so who knows where they are at that point)
    Okay I'm going to admit, Peter going "I'm grown Felicia. I go where I want." and then it instantly cutting to him asking Aunt May was perfect

I know some people don't like when Peter acts like his younger self, but Aunt May is Aunt May and that was a perfect jump cut.

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Carlos Gomez Art:

"The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    Carlos Gomez Art:

Now who has the dump-truck ass ?

I blame Aunt May's Wheatcakes.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

LOL! Poor Aunt May!

The truth is Felicia has been sneaking out to the nearest IHOP!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    LOL! Poor Aunt May!

The truth is Felicia has been sneaking out to the nearest IHOP!
    LOL!

The X-Terminators must be going there as well.

LOL!

I spit up my hot chocolate!

But yeah, the word must have gotten out and also all of that weight training must be giving them a hunger.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

LOL!

great art but dialogue is wild
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

I don't even know that one... Checking out here, she's obsessed with the Joker, so that's a bad sign lol.

Is she as whatever as she sounds like?

well she wanted power to help Ben and she got it.
    Well, did she want the transformation? 'Cause she's acting very differently...

dont worry her trauma will be used later on for her to be forgiven for her crimes like Harley
    Urgh, I don't like how you're probably right lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    If I recall, her popularity also predicated on her being an even edgier Harley Quinn, with Harley being seduced by her sympathy for the Joker, perceiving him as a victim of a cruel society as embodied by Batman, while Punchline presented herself as being "in on the joke," and just as much of a nihilistic sociopath as the Joker himself, only updated for the social media age.
    Let me guess, she was created when DiDio was still around lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Unfortunately, this type of thing isn't new to either of the Big 2. Evil That Men Do retconned Felicia into a rape victim and featured a lot of sexualized imagery of her. Starfire and Cheshire are two of DC's most (in)famous fanservice characters and were both slaves in their backstories.
    At the very least, Starfire is okay with showing off her body to the point she got a job as a model.

Janine got raped by her father, and she doesn't look like someone who likes showing off her body, and if Hallow's Eve shit is also not her choice, yeah... Questionable overall.

Quote Originally Posted by Majesty View Post
    Okay I'm going to admit, Peter going "I'm grown Felicia. I go where I want." and then it instantly cutting to him asking Aunt May was perfect

I know some people don't like when Peter acts like his younger self, but Aunt May is Aunt May and that was a perfect jump cut.
    He never really asked aunt May to go out though lol.

Most of the older stories have him leaving and doing whatever, at most, she essentially forced him to stay home when she wanted him to go on a date with MJ, but that happened like, once.

Think she also scolded him when he took too long to get home...

But even then, overall he did what he wanted, and, y'know, he only had to obey her 'cause he lived on her house, and if he's not living there, yeah, he has no reason to ask, just warn her.

I see someone checks out the random drawings Frank Cho makes .

great art but dialogue is wild
    It's fine for some characters to speak like this, but I think the black haired one there is Laura, and if so, it sounds weird for her to talk like that lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    And even worse in Starfire's case, it was her own sister who sold her into slavery out of spite and set it up so that would be the only way to avoid getting their planet wiped out by their people's enemies. That said, yeah, I remember The Evil That Men Do. Extremely incongruous, come to think of it.

Carlos Gomez Art:

Indeed, though with X-Terminators as illustrated by Gomez just concluded, it really makes me want him and Leah Williams to finish up Amazing Mary Jane, but as a Mary Jane/Black Cat team-up guest-starring the X-Terminators.

I don't even know that one... Checking out here, she's obsessed with the Joker, so that's a bad sign lol.

Is she as whatever as she sounds like?

Well, did she want the transformation? 'Cause she's acting very differently...

Urgh, I don't like how you're probably right lol.

Let me guess, she was created when DiDio was still around lol.

At the very least, Starfire is okay with showing off her body to the point she got a job as a model.

Janine got raped by her father, and she doesn't look like someone who likes showing off her body, and if Hallow's Eve shit is also not her choice, yeah... Questionable overall.

He never really asked aunt May to go out though lol.

Most of the older stories have him leaving and doing whatever, at most, she essentially forced him to stay home when she wanted him to go on a date with MJ, but that happened like, once.

Think she also scolded him when he took too long to get home...

But even then, overall he did what he wanted, and, y'know, he only had to obey her 'cause he lived on her house, and if he's not living there, yeah, he has no reason to ask, just warn her.

I see someone checks out the random drawings Frank Cho makes .

It's fine for some characters to speak like this, but I think the black haired one there is Laura, and if so, it sounds weird for her to talk like that lol.
    Most likely, since her big debut was in Joker War and that was in 2020.