Page 169 of 211 FirstFirst ... 69119159165166167168169170171172173179 ... LastLast
Results 2,521 to 2,535 of 3154

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    That creeped me out. Because of him not just dressing up like Wanda. It was after he had stolen Sif's body without her consent. Then dressed up like Wanda to torment a child about her father being killed by Wanda.
    God of lies was not just an empty title. That's for sure but thankfully modern Loki is far less of an ass than he used to be. If Billy and Teddy are OK with him, he can't be that bad.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    So they are finally doing it. Great news and the reception to this is big and very good. This will be very successful and make a lot of money. This will also get new people into the fold that weren't previously. After all not everyone even has access to Disney+. For many this will be the first time they are able to watch this. Now you can argue about that it shouldn't have taken two years for this but this entire streaming thing was new even to the creators themselves so missteps were bound to happen but it looks like they are finally making some changes.

Im really curious about the never-seen-before bonus features. I will order my copy as soon as pre-orders are up.
    "This is me being reasonable"

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    I get that, but I’m going to get it because I don’t want to have to subscribe to Disney+ to watch it again, and on its own it’s easier to pretend MoM didn’t happen.

It’s a bit like how I own Busiek and Johns Avengers and just ignore what wrapped up that era of Avengers, namely Avengers Disassembled.
    I personally just consider the Busiek run the finale, so for me it's harder to retroactively ruin it. While MCU is still an ongoing so to speak.
    One day maybe we can get a self-contained and consistently good adaption we can all remember fondly of.

Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    God of lies was not just an empty title. That's for sure but thankfully modern Loki is far less of an ass than he used to be. If Billy and Teddy are OK with him, he can't be that bad.
    Modern Loki is definitely far less creepy. And they made fem Loki far less problematic.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Any word on whether or not the book has been extended to 15 (I would almost think it has to have been)?

Wanda cover made for uni project by Moxi
    https://twitter.com/PAANMOXI/status/...PiceMDiNA&s=19

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    WandaVision is getting a Blu-Ray release on November 29.

(A real Blu-Ray, not the steelbook with no discs inside, that was a different company.)
    This proves that out of all the Marvel shows, the most popular ones with audiences have been WandaVision and Loki since they're both getting physical releases. The naysayers can claim otherwise but Wanda is a fan favorite.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverScarlet View Post
    Any word on whether or not the book has been extended to 15 (I would almost think it has to have been)?
    Don't think so and realistically that will have to wait until the December solicitations are out unless we get an early preview like we did with 10. But Im not really concerned about it.

Don't think so and realistically that will have to wait until the December solicitations are out unless we get an early preview like we did with 10. But Im not really concerned about it.
    Yeah, so far we haven't heard anything bout it being cancelled, so there should be not reason to be concerned

Quote Originally Posted by Covetous_One View Post
    I agree on Wanda’s character development, but feats and character don’t have to be mutually exclusive. As a character through contemplation and discovery can understand how they get to certain points and express why they did what they did. Letting the character development lead the feat is something that does occur in comic books. When it comes to team books you have them face different levels of combatants with different characters so everyone has opportunities to shine. Like right know Wanda’s taking on an army of undead and battling the commander, yeah she may not be doing high level of reality warping, but she is someone who shows she doesn’t need to go overboard. You have foot soldiers or grunts then you have those who are in command and the rulers or masterminds. You just don’t wipe the floor with everyone the character faces, but just the ones that aren’t as much of a challenge and then face the ones who are. Plus Wanda knows she doesn’t have to expand unnecessary energy when she can rely on others. With reality warpers being villains that’s on Marvel and the stories they want to tell and can always change. Like when dealing with DreamQueen she took control of the dreamscape and imprisoned her in it. That showed both an incredible feat which was lead by character development that we saw that Wanda isn’t held back by past mistakes and is showing new ideas.
    Im late to this party but thank you for this post. Couldn't say this better myself. I don't know where people get this notion from that character development and feats are somehow mutually exclusive. There is tons of evidence to the contrary. Far too much to even count.

This is comic books. Powers are an intrinsic part of every character. They aren't just something meaningless that is tucked on. They define the character. Thor wouldn't be where he is right now if he would be some random guy with a hammer instead of the God of Thunder and the same is true for every other character including Wanda of course.
    And Wanda is neither low-tier nor mid-tier. She is high-tier. She is so powerful that even someone like Black Panther says she is the only member of the team that really gives him pause. It's just fact and the beauty in that is that it allows the character to be put in scenarios that wouldn't be possible otherwise and many others could not handle.

https://screenrant.com/marvel-comics...a-kickstarter/

The Marvel Art of series is getting a new entry and this time it's David Nakayamas turn and he has chosen Wanda as his cover girl with a new piece of his

Im late to this party but thank you for this post. Couldn't say this better myself. I don't know where people get this notion from that character development and feats are somehow mutually exclusive. There is tons of evidence to the contrary. Far too much to even count.

This is comic books. Powers are an intrinsic part of every character. They aren't just something meaningless that is tucked on. They define the character. Thor wouldn't be where he is right now if he would be some random guy with a hammer instead of the God of Thunder and the same is true for every other character including Wanda of course.
    And Wanda is neither low-tier nor mid-tier. She is high-tier. She is so powerful that even someone like Black Panther says she is the only member of the team that really gives him pause. It's just fact and the beauty in that is that it allows the character to be put in scenarios that wouldn't be possible otherwise and many others could not handle.
    I understand that side of the argument since what Wanda is primarily known for is “No More Mutants”. Which was her using an outside power source to do it, which many people who don’t particularly read or keep up with Wanda or comics in general know about, and was also during a time she was mentally unstable. So this example did have long lasting affects. Particularly portraying misogynistic trope on how women with too much power can’t control it and them being defined by this one moment and not the character defining moments that came before. Though to combat this I would suggest give her build ups like she has and explore that gift that she possesses that Agatha herself said hasn’t been fully comprehended and let each new experience be both a character development and discovery of what else Wanda can do and think about what that means for herself.
    “There is no defense against the Scarlet Witch's HEX!

Extraordinary Member

Again, it's not a big deal, Thor historically is relatively nerfed in Avengers run compared to what he can do in his solo, just apply the same logic to Wanda now that her baseline power has gone up.
    As for her solo, again, the superman approach, you give her both the heavy hitter and trickster/mystery villain.
    While I don't like the run being mostly oneshot, giving Wanda underused mystical/magic villains along with new ones is not the worst idea. Agatha also got to deal with one of the lesser known member of the Octessence.

I personally kinda want Stonecutter, the avatar of Raggadorr, to make an appearance again now that Juggy is mostly past his villainous phase. While the Examplars are not the most developed and explained bunch, the basic gist of Stonecutter/Raggadorr is that they are the builder, they are all about construct and structure, the force that binds and shapes as opposed to the brute unstoppable force of Juggernaut(he is also powerful enough to go toe to toe with a juiced up Juggy), which also makes them a unique challenge to Wanda as well. There are also bunch of other villains that can be used though, again just bring up ideas.

Just finished the Fantastic Four annual and let's just say Im very excited at the direction it's going. It's what I hoped for and the revelations about chaos and it's role in the cosmos are sure about to trickle down to Wanda since she is obviously the queen of chaos. That tracks back to Agatha saying that despite her age she has only begun to grasp the true scope of Wandas power.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Again, it's not a big deal, Thor historically is relatively nerfed in Avengers run compared to what he can do in his solo, just apply the same logic to Wanda now that her baseline power has gone up.
    As for her solo, again, the superman approach, you give her both the heavy hitter and trickster/mystery villain.
    While I don't like the run being mostly oneshot, giving Wanda underused mystical/magic villains along with new ones is not the worst idea. Agatha also got to deal with one of the lesser known member of the Octessence.

I personally kinda want Stonecutter, the avatar of Raggadorr, to make an appearance again now that Juggy is mostly past his villainous phase. While the Examplars are not the most developed and explained bunch, the basic gist of Stonecutter/Raggadorr is that they are the builder, they are all about construct and structure, the force that binds and shapes as opposed to the brute unstoppable force of Juggernaut(he is also powerful enough to go toe to toe with a juiced up Juggy), which also makes them a unique challenge to Wanda as well. There are also bunch of other villains that can be used though, again just bring up ideas.
    Even though they were rubbish I wouldn't mind seeing the Examplars again, the whole idea of a "team" that has to work together so they can then destroy each other is a strange but interesting concept. Some more characterisation would help.

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    This proves that out of all the Marvel shows, the most popular ones with audiences have been WandaVision and Loki since they're both getting physical releases. The naysayers can claim otherwise but Wanda is a fan favorite.
    It proves no such thing. WandaVision was the first Disney+ Marvel show, so of course it's the first to get a physical release. Loki was the third one wasn't it (Falcon and the Winter Soldier being the second, which they're probably saving for closer to Captain America 4's release)? But Loki's second season is out soon so it makes sense that season 1 is being released now.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman