Page 178 of 211 FirstFirst ... 78128168174175176177178179180181182188 ... LastLast
Results 2,656 to 2,670 of 3154

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    There's something funny how both Magneto and Wanda have both attained massive power escalation, and are both arguably Godlike individuals

While poor Pietro has been left behind in the front in the power upgrade front, which is rather saying something when you can make a speedster look like second fiddle
    I don’t know. Pietro did knock Magneto into a coma the last time I saw him.
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

There's something funny how both Magneto and Wanda have both attained massive power escalation, and are both arguably Godlike individuals

While poor Pietro has been left behind in the front in the power upgrade front, which is rather saying something when you can make a speedster look like second fiddle
    And in the MCU the "fake" Quicksilver didn't hold a candle to Monica.

They really should give him a power up that puts him on par with the Flash in speed.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Its an interesting subject I've talked about before, but its noticeable how Pietro tends to get the short end of the stick out of his family. Its very evident that writers are more interested in using Wanda for good and for bad, while Pietro just languishes barely used.

Hell this applies to his nephew too. Tommy barely gets any play compared to his brother Billy.

Pietro has had speed power-ups, but I guess the last one was a while ago now (The HE's Isotope E) which really boosted Pietro's speed.

I would love to see Pietro use his speed in more creative ways, like spinning like a top when jumping off of heights to lower himself, waves of air from his arms, whirlwinds around foes, and seeing his limited flight abilities from long ago.

I always thought Pietro should be able to harness the extra energy involved with his hyper-metabolism and running, thus being able to throw that energy as "lightning bolts", like the design of his most iconic/classic costume.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Its an interesting subject I've talked about before, but its noticeable how Pietro tends to get the short end of the stick out of his family. Its very evident that writers are more interested in using Wanda for good and for bad, while Pietro just languishes barely used.

Hell this applies to his nephew too. Tommy barely gets any play compared to his brother Billy.
    That's one thing that always confused me about the idea that Wanda's powers would have been manipulating a form of energy like Magneto's power had it not been for Chthon. Because Pietro's powers have nothing to do with energy manipulation. That concept would make more sense if Pietro's powers were more similar to his father's.

I think Pietro should ahve similair energy manipulation powers but he causes things to speed up, so he could for example make an robots system work so fast they explode

Arguably?

When it comes to him they are just multiple factors against him really

There is no Speedforce in the MU that can serve as the plot device that handwaves away all the inconsistencies and stuff that doesn't really make sense.

Speedsters have the same conceptual problem as assassins do. If you look at all the supposed super assassins in fiction you will notice they are all notoriously bad at actually assassinating people. Why? Because it's lame. Imagine a James Bond movie ending with the big bad just being unceremoniously sniped at the first opportunity.
    It's not any different with speedsters. Either they beat up the bad guy before he can even react or the bad guy is so tough that the speedsters cannot even hurt him so they are just a distraction and nuisance. The other possibility is of course turning them into idiots who somehow fail to use the only superpower they even have which is moving fast.
    The only way to have an entertaining back and forth fight is by both parties being speedsters hence all the evil Flash analogs.

The reason why a character like Wanda doesn't suffer from this despite being just as OP is because even if you throw stuff at her that obviously has no chance of defeating her, her dealing with it can already be made into an entertaining visual spectacle. The power set allows creativity and opens up different avenues to explore instead of closing them.

"This is me being reasonable"

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Northstar and Aurora have always been used effectively (for the most part) in their appearances since Byrne's Alpha Flight and I thought Pietro was well utilised in PAD's New X-Factor. All it takes is a writer with some imagination at storytelling to craft a story that showcases his ability. I would argue that it's easier to just have Wanda and Maggie wave their hands and zippo presto! threat averted. Which is why I actually love Orlando's take on her in this series...when she waves her hands around it is purposeful and not just an empty gesture.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

I agree that Wanda or Magneto have higher peaks obviously but I still think it's easier to integrate them into any story than doing the same for a speedster. A non-speedster even landing a hit against a speedster that is actually using their powers correctly is the first and big hurdle that needs to be solved.

Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    There is no Speedforce in the MU that can serve as the plot device that handwaves away all the inconsistencies and stuff that doesn't really make sense.
    Considering that the speedforce is completely made up, something can be made up for Quicksilver.

His powers could work like an enhanced electro-magnetic or UCF engine and that'd be more rooted in reality than the speedforce. They can have it so the High Evolutionary enhanced this to Mach speeds over his previous amounts.
    Last edited by GenericUsername; 09-10-2023 at 11:32 AM.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

https://twitter.com/ChaosStar333/sta...86536458965116

After seeing all these drawings from Lorenzo Tammetta I must say he is an amazing artist and I feel the colorist isn't doing his work justice. Im not an artist so I can't tell what exactly it is but if I look at all of his work and then compare it to the finished product I can't help but feel something is being lost in the process. It's not a huge deal but it's a bit of a shame really.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Considering that the speedforce is completely made up, something can be made up for Quicksilver.

His powers could work like an enhanced electro-magnetic or UCF engine and that'd be more rooted in reality than the speedforce. They can have it so the High Evolutionary enhanced this to Mach speeds over his previous amounts.
    Sure they can make something up but there is an important step before that. There is no need or reason for that until they actually find a role for Pietro first.
    Marvel in general doesn't really have interest in Superman analogs and the same is true for speedsters. They are cameos and supporting characters mostly. They might get a run that makes them more but after that's over they are definitely put back into the box. Gladiator, Hyperion, Sentry, Blue Marvel, etc. It's always the same with these kind of characters. Pietro is probably the most well known speedster of the MU and his role and importance are basically non-existent. That should speak for the state Marvels speedsters are in.

But here is a controversial question. Is Marvel wrong about that?

https://twitter.com/ChaosStar333/sta...86536458965116

After seeing all these drawings from Lorenzo Tammetta I must say he is an amazing artist and I feel the colorist isn't doing his work justice. Im not an artist so I can't tell what exactly it is but if I look at all of his work and then compare it to the finished product I can't help but feel something is being lost in the process. It's not a huge deal but it's a bit of a shame really.
    This image reads 1 of 2 ways to me. It looks like the final page to either close out the series or close out the arc. Not saying it will do either, but the reference to her 1st issue cover gives me that vibe
    “There is no defense against the Scarlet Witch's HEX!

Quote Originally Posted by Covetous_One View Post
    This image reads 1 of 2 ways to me. It looks like the final page to either close out the series or close out the arc. Not saying it will do either, but the reference to her 1st issue cover gives me that vibe
    There is actually an update to this
    https://twitter.com/ChaosStar333/sta...83012015321495

Apparently it's not from the book itself but an illustration for prints. What they mean exactly with that, I don't know.
    Besides #10 will have Pichelli as the sole artist.

There is also some new statements from a behind-the-scenes person. It's pretty obvious looking at it but it's still cool to have official word on it.
    https://twitter.com/ScarletWitchUpd/...38022598012949

“People holding Darkhold in their universes have been corrupted by it. That's why [Scarlet Witch's] costume has that transition of multiversal mold.
    It's just not a sleeve, it's supposed represent that Darkhold is corroding the costume. The crown is now pitted and textured.”
    — Graham Churchyard, the costume designer for ‘Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness’

Graham also revealed that they sent out Wanda’s Multiverse of Madness outfits to Elizabeth’s trailer on the Wandavision set for her to try on.
    Elizabeth Olsen has said in previous interviews that she went to the Multiverse of Madness set three days after she finished Wandavision
    Last edited by Galerion; 09-11-2023 at 08:06 AM.

There is actually an update to this
    https://twitter.com/ChaosStar333/sta...83012015321495

Apparently it's not from the book itself but an illustration for prints. What they mean exactly with that, I don't know.
    A lot of artists make prints to sell online and at conventions.