Page 189 of 211 FirstFirst ... 89139179185186187188189190191192193199 ... LastLast
Results 2,821 to 2,835 of 3154

It'd work better if these people hadn't worked together for years and if just about every Avenger hadn't already lost control themselves. Tony also had a body count.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

That reads a little off to me.

While he wouldn't place all his trust in magic, and is rightfully wary of certain types of magic...he's been an Avenger long enough to know that Wanda's caution is valid and shouldn't dismiss it out of hand like that.

As much as I love Wanda and I'm enjoying her solo under Orlando...I'm staying far away from that Contest of Chaos nonsense.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 09-23-2023 at 09:20 AM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I don't know about that. He could trust Wanda more times than not. Except when possessed or manipulated, and he himself has gone through that. So should he not trust himself either?
    I'm more referring to the fact that he got corrupted by magic now two times in a short timeframe. In Darkhold and now in Contest of Chaos.
    Both of those events involve Wanda. In Darkhold she is even one who made it happen since that was part of her plan. Now here it's Agatha who managed to steal something from Wanda that should have been very securely locked away.

His teammate is one of the most powerful spellcasters around and yet he somehow keeps getting involved and beat up in these situations so he does have a point.
    Last edited by Galerion; 09-23-2023 at 09:47 AM.
    "This is me being reasonable"

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    It'd work better if these people hadn't worked together for years and if just about every Avenger hadn't already lost control themselves. Tony also had a body count.
    Yeah, it seems off, he doesn't like magic but he has never bad mouth Wanda's magic.

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    Yeah, it seems off, he doesn't like magic but he has never bad mouth Wanda's magic.
    I mean Chaos Magic is the magic that corrupted him so I can see why Tony would snap at Wanda, even though it is uncalled for.
    “There is no defense against the Scarlet Witch's HEX!

Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    I'm more referring to the fact that he got corrupted by magic now two times in a short timeframe. In Darkhold and now in Contest of Chaos.
    Both of those events involve Wanda. In Darkhold she is even one who made it happen since that was part of her plan. Now here it's Agatha who managed to steal something from Wanda that should have been very securely locked away.

His teammate is one of the most powerful spellcasters around and yet he somehow keeps getting involved and beat up in these situations so he does have a point.
    In Darkhold she instructs them on what to do and because they didn't really follow her exact instructions they got possessed. She did warn them. It wasn't like magic directly got them. It was full demon possession. They read too much like she told them not to do.

Contest of Chaos is also not at her hands. So the glowing red fingers thing doesn't make sense.

I feel like they were going for an AD reference. Which post-demon in a bottle, Kang, CW and Superior arcs doesn't really make sense.
    Last edited by GenericUsername; 09-23-2023 at 11:49 AM.

Extraordinary Member

I think the writer was just going for another “I hate magic” moment with Tony, which has been one of his catchphrases for decades.

It wasn’t executed great and “magic, pfft” just doesn’t have the same ring, but I wouldn’t read anything major into it. Tony works with magic people on the Avengers but he doesn’t like magic, that at least is consistent.

Actually I’m surprised there hasn’t been an Iron Man run where he learns magic, the one science he doesn’t understand.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    I think the writer was just going for another “I hate magic” moment with Tony, which has been one of his catchphrases for decades.

It wasn’t executed great and “magic, pfft” just doesn’t have the same ring, but I wouldn’t read anything major into it. Tony works with magic people on the Avengers but he doesn’t like magic, that at least is consistent.

Actually I’m surprised there hasn’t been an Iron Man run where he learns magic, the one science he doesn’t understand.
    Yeah I've seen them do it a couple times. Usually in other media like games, and it's like Tony, you've worked with magic people all your career. Your tech also has messed up at times. I want to see his tech against someone like Agatha, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    Tony has always been one of Wanda's greatest defenders.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post

The MU doesn't have a set magic system so much is open to changes but I really like how it was done in the MCU. You cannot learn magic like you can learn math or chemistry. The intellect of a person of science is actually an obstacle and not a benefit.

Strange: "I...I control it by surrendering control? That doesn't make any sense."
    Ancient One: "Not everything does. Not everything has to."

Learning magic requires a different mindset. One that is alien to most people hence why most people don't simply learn it despite technically being able to.

As an update to one of the my past posts. That new Endgame Wanda figure will also have a version with sculpted hair. That version will probably not be limited like the other one. Also it means you can now choose most of her looks that she had so far.

Last edited by Galerion; 09-23-2023 at 03:45 PM.
    "This is me being reasonable"

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    The MU doesn't have a set magic system so much is open to changes but I really like how it was done in the MCU. You cannot learn magic like you can learn math or chemistry. The intellect of a person of science is actually an obstacle and not a benefit.

Strange: "I...I control it by surrendering control? That doesn't make any sense."
    Ancient One: "Not everything does. Not everything has to."

Learning magic requires a different mindset. One that is alien to most people hence why most people don't simply learn it despite technically being able to.

As an update to one of the my past posts. That new Endgame Wanda figure will also have a version with sculpted hair. That version will probably not be limited like the other one. Also it means you can now choose most of her looks that she had so far.

Oh thats a nice look into how her costuming evolved over time

Evolution in figurine form!

I used to like the synthetic hairs cause it made them feel like Barbies, but the sculpted version of the Endgame one just looks so much better...

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It feels like at this point Tony should believe in magic as much as anybody but we always need the science/tech guy to dismiss magic.
    The Reed Richards specialty
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

People reading way too much into this silly Tony comment. If they start going at it like in ForceWorks, then we may have an issue.
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver