Page 148 of 211 FirstFirst ... 4898138144145146147148149150151152158198 ... LastLast
Results 2,206 to 2,220 of 3154

By Peter V Nguyen

"This is me being reasonable"

Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    By Peter V Nguyen

Gorgeous art, especially of Wanda in her classic costume .

By Peter V Nguyen

Stunning!

But why does Quicksilver stand with his back to Wanda? Is he feuding with her?
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Stunning!

But why does Quicksilver stand with his back to Wanda? Is he feuding with her?
    It's just for dramatic posing.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It's just for dramatic posing.
    Ah, that is good.

I want the Twins to have a close relationship.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Slight correction there, but the story being fast paced enough to be resolved in a single-issue is more compressed storytelling. Decompressed would be if the the individual story's took multiple issues to resolve and thus be slower paced.

So this book is more compressed than decompressed.
    I see what you mean, and I think I was using "decompressed" wrong, but what I meant to say is that the comics have the storytelling style we're used to from decompressed comics. So even though they're telling a story in a single issue, they have almost the same amount of plot "beats" as you would find in the first issue of a five-issue arc.

Compare that to the '80s Vision & the Scarlet Witch comics with their old-school storytelling and a lot more action is crammed into a single issue.

Are people really suggesting Agatha doesn’t belong in a Darkhold storyline?
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    I haven't heard that. I guess someone might be unhappy that MCU-synergy Agatha owns most of this storyline instead of Wanda.

Personally I'm grateful that Wanda is keeping a bit of distance from the Darkhold storyline instead of running to be like the MCU version. I'm grateful to Orlando and his editor that they haven't given in to the temptation to get synergy points (yet) from Wanda going nuts.

By Peter V Nguyen

Is this an upcoming Avengers (or Scarlet Witch) cover?
    It certainly should be!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    Not in this specific role at the very least.
    Her involvement in this kind of thing is generally as the one who offers revelations to Wanda. Not saying her role cannot be expanded more, but let's be real here, the only reason Agatha is given this role is her MCU version synergy.
    Morgan Le Fay on the other hand was the one who attempted to harvest Chthon's power and sealed him away when she realized he was too powerful to control, and she later exploited Wanda's power(though she didn't mention the fact Wanda's power is an indirect result of her actions in Wundagore). It would make far more sense for Morgan to seek Wanda out now that Chthon is contained and weakened.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Not in this specific role at the very least.
    Her involvement in this kind of thing is generally as the one who offers revelations to Wanda. Not saying her role cannot be expanded more, but let's be real here, the only reason Agatha is given this role is her MCU version synergy.
    Morgan Le Fay on the other hand was the one who attempted to harvest Chthon's power and sealed him away when she realized he was too powerful to control, and she later exploited Wanda's power(though she didn't mention the fact Wanda's power is an indirect result of her actions in Wundagore). It would make far more sense for Morgan to seek Wanda out now that Chthon is contained and weakened.
    Yeah Morgan Le Fay made the most sense, her story with sealing Chthon, she and Wanda have fough at least three times.

Sadly the character is being used by all that Captain Britain stuff and tbh, Morgan Le Fay being used as a Wanda villain would have been better than Agatha here.

Issue #9 cover and solicit:

SCARLET WITCH #9

STEVE ORLANDO (W) • LORENZO TAMMETTA & SARA PICHELLI (A) • Cover by RUSSELL DAUTERMAN

Being the hero to the hopeless is a full-time job, and Wanda Maximoff could certainly use some help. When she teams with a mysterious new ally to assist the people seeking help through the Last Door, things seem to be looking up. But is he everything he appears to be? Or has Wanda put her trust in the wrong person?

On Sale 10/18

https://graphicpolicy.com/2023/07/18...itch-9-reveal/

CRYPT OF SHADOWS #1
    Written by AL EWING, STEVE ORLANDO, SARAH GAILEY, CAVAN SCOTT & DECLAN SHALVEY
    Art by PAUL DAVIDSON, PAUL AZACETA, EDER MESSIAS, DEVMALYA PRAMANIK & ALEX LINS
    Cover by LEINIL FRANCIS YU
    On Sale 10/18

Current SCARLET WITCH scribe Steve Orlando and artist Paul Azaceta weave a Scarlet Witch story where she faces a terrifying new villain called the Bricklayer!
    https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...daredevil-hulk
    Last edited by juan678; 07-18-2023 at 02:20 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Onslaught callbacks, fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Issue #9 cover and solicit:

SCARLET WITCH #9

STEVE ORLANDO (W) • LORENZO TAMMETTA & SARA PICHELLI (A) • Cover by RUSSELL DAUTERMAN

Being the hero to the hopeless is a full-time job, and Wanda Maximoff could certainly use some help. When she teams with a mysterious new ally to assist the people seeking help through the Last Door, things seem to be looking up. But is he everything he appears to be? Or has Wanda put her trust in the wrong person?

On Sale 10/18

https://graphicpolicy.com/2023/07/18...itch-9-reveal/
    Awesome. Just awesome.

I love the chance to get a bit of spotlight on their relationship and history together even if it's very likely not the real Magneto and obviously Russel Dauterman understands the assignment as always.
    "This is me being reasonable"