Page 77 of 211 FirstFirst ... 276773747576777879808187127177 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,155 of 3154

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    The lack of bounce back is the way that female characters are treated worse. Because they are just treated like throwaway. Also often in men's stories they are a part of the narrative and have autonomy. In women's stories they often can be treated as objects. In Wanda's case she was never treated like a fully realized character through AD/HoM and then was just thrown away like she never mattered. Despite her being a mainline Avenger for so long and having lead a couple teams.
    Writers come and go but the editors had the responsibility to avoid such a thing, instead they let it happen and even encouraged it,
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Avengers #2 Variant cover by Paolo Rivera

I like Rivera, but this is just lazy.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    I actually like it better than the main cover, but I’m not fond of Vision with yellow eyes....I much prefer the shaded, mysterious black eyes!

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    Steve Orlando is doing another QandA on Twitter at the moment
    Some good questions there. The Morgan Le Fay mention caught my eye. Would be fitting if she would show up in Wandas book too but I guess she is busy with that Captain Britain stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I wish young Agatha wasn't such obvious synergy bait because I like that design a lot.
    So what's the issue exactly?

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    I dunno. Sure you could see it that way but I also wouldn't be too hard on him. It's obvious these covers are not supposed to give off any kind of information. They all have been "the team doing poses with generic background" so far. Maybe with #3 we get some covers with some real personality to them.
    "This is me being reasonable"

https://twitter.com/thesteveorlando/...08137041281025

"What can we expect for Scarlet Witch after the annual? We want spoilers Steve."

"Can't give spoilers before the books out :-)

But I can certainly tease-

-An alliance
    -Some new shoes
    -A new kind of duel
    -A new friend with serious pull
    -A new nemesis out to make some change"
    "This is me being reasonable"

Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    So what's the issue exactly?
    I don't care for making her young in the comics just to match the MCU.

There is this weird thing they have with older women. They want to make them younger again. What's wrong with old? It's not like she had to fight people hand to hand.

There's also making her an antagonist in a universe where she's Wanda's ally. Keep that stuff in the other universe.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    Writers come and go but the editors had the responsibility to avoid such a thing, instead they let it happen and even encouraged it,
    They were for it because events then sold no matter what. It was the make fans mad sells era.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

They were for it because events then sold no matter what. It was the make fans mad sells era.
    Sure, as you pointed out characters like Wanda (females especially) were thrown under the bus and never given any real chance to recover while their male counterparts even at their lowest point never saw the door to redemption being shut in front of them…it is time to really be done with this editorial double standard once and for all… I for one can’t wait for marvel to do away with all the relics from this less than glorious past.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't care for making her young in the comics just to match the MCU.
    Yeah Synergy sucks especially when it is so derivate, also I may be misremembering but didn't Agatha have Blonde hair when she was young

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

There is this weird thing they have with older women. They want to make them younger again. What's wrong with old? It's not like she had to fight people hand to hand.

There's also making her an antagonist in a universe where she's Wanda's ally. Keep that stuff in the other universe.
    I’m just waiting for Aunt May’s glow up.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Writers phoning it in and going for the low hanging mcu fruit and Editors not stopping them from ruining continuity and good character development, happens a lot on Avengers side

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

She's a witch. One of the first spells any sensible witch will cast is the one for perpetual youth, beauty and vitality regardless of how old she is. Elementary Magic 101
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Did Steve say anything about what the next arc might consist of after the Annual? I’d love to see an issue (or two!) guest starring Crystal and Luna, as well as a run-in with the Enchantress!