Page 124 of 211 FirstFirst ... 2474114120121122123124125126127128134174 ... LastLast
Results 1,846 to 1,860 of 3154

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Whether it last 10 issues, 50 issues 100 issues...once Orlando, Dauterman and Pichelli are on it...I'm buying and enjoying for however long it lasts.
    Word.

Tomorrow some Carol/Wanda goodness and in two weeks the Annual and Avengers #2. Can't complain about that. Here are some Lucas Werneck pieces in the meantime

"This is me being reasonable"

Quote Originally Posted by Covetous_One View Post
    https://icv2.com/articles/markets/vi...omics-may-2023
    Based on this incomplete metric the comic might not make it passed 10
    P.S.: Though I do hope I’m wrong
    “There is no defense against the Scarlet Witch's HEX!

At the very least even if her solo ends she's still on the Avengers.

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    Manga still comes out weekly and monthly in Japan, just in bigger mags
    I'm speaking on them being more complete stories instead of installments.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by Covetous_One View Post
    https://icv2.com/articles/markets/vi...omics-may-2023
    Based on this incomplete metric the comic might not make it passed 10
    I mean to me that looks to be still pretty great.
    Captain Marvel made it to #50 and it's obviously not in this chart since it is usually around the 90th place. Doctor Strange dropped straight out of the Top 50 with #2. Like you can name so many comics here that are still going and sell less.

To put this topic to rest. According to everything we can see it's doing great and there is no other female character that is consistently outselling Wanda. But we don't know what metrics Marvel themselves are using so lets just enjoy what we get
    "This is me being reasonable"

Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    Captain Marvel made it to #50 and it's obviously not in this chart since it is usually around the 90th place. Doctor Strange dropped straight out of the Top 50 with #2. Like you can name so many comics here that are still going and sell less.

To put this topic to rest. According to everything we can see it's doing great and there is no other female character that is consistently outselling Wanda. But we don't know what metrics Marvel themselves are using so lets just enjoy what we get
    True and her being in Avengers is a silver lining for her to be written. I just hope an ongoing female lead solo doesn’t get cancelled before Orlando can fully get into writing more stories.
    Last edited by Covetous_One; 06-06-2023 at 05:22 PM.
    “There is no defense against the Scarlet Witch's HEX!

Very true. She is still the highest selling female character solo book. The only other ones on that list are Storm and Poison Ivy. Who are pretty good company to be in.

And she's overall in #26 out of the Marvel Comics sold.

There's also about 13 Spidey related comics on that list. And that's always gonna be a big seller.
    Last edited by GenericUsername; 06-06-2023 at 05:30 PM.

Who would be considered Wanda's best friend? Does she have one?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I would say Carol is the closest thing she has to a best friend, though they often go years without even talking to each other. But Wanda is so close with her brother, her husband, her sometime lover (Simon) and her sort-of-sons that she doesn't have a lot of on-panel friendships beyond that, so it would have to be either Jan or Carol, and she's had more friendship moments with Carol and famously ends Avengers Annual #10, the "Carol yells at the Avengers over the Marcus thing" issue, crying because she failed her friend.

Update: I could also make a case for Clint Barton, even though he started out hitting on her he's more often been portrayed as the person who understands her best on the Avengers, since they're both ex-criminals who joined at the same time. In the Busiek run we see them out shopping together.
    Last edited by gurkle; 06-06-2023 at 06:44 PM.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Very true. She is still the highest selling female character solo book. The only other ones on that list are Storm and Poison Ivy. Who are pretty good company to be in.

And she's overall in #26 out of the Marvel Comics sold.

There's also about 13 Spidey related comics on that list. And that's always gonna be a big seller.
    I indeed was surprised at 1st, but indeed like you said GenericUsername, I found this Month to be Frontloaded with New Events, Specials & Especially #1's.

DC Started their Dawn of DC as well & I have begun to read some of them they are decent so far, but that really pushed the month as well as you said Many Spider-Man & Venom Books. I don’t want to make this sound like dumbing it down, but it must be taken into factors logically what is different this month than others.

May seems both to be the Blockbuster Capital of Movies & New books as well, so it was a busy fully loaded month.

Also, we can't forget we are entering the high points of summer now, Schools Out, Graduations happening, people moving, Warmer Weather, Vacations starting and said before a Major Front-Loaded Blockbuster Season I would say this is usually IMO the down-time for Comics in general.

Wanda still by Logical Factors as you both put it is doing Mighty Well & the only worries, we can go by is what Marvel is factoring In as Success for the book and the warning Orlando gave, but that is not much to go on right now.

It is just good that now we should double our efforts to get the word out to BUY the Book at LCS and not just to get Digital alone. But still support any book you choose to; I want DC to Succeed as well as Marvel & Wanda.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    I would say Carol is the closest thing she has to a best friend, though they often go years without even talking to each other. But Wanda is so close with her brother, her husband, her sometime lover (Simon) and her sort-of-sons that she doesn't have a lot of on-panel friendships beyond that, so it would have to be either Jan or Carol, and she's had more friendship moments with Carol and famously ends Avengers Annual #10, the "Carol yells at the Avengers over the Marcus thing" issue, crying because she failed her friend.

Update: I could also make a case for Clint Barton, even though he started out hitting on her he's more often been portrayed as the person who understands her best on the Avengers, since they're both ex-criminals who joined at the same time. In the Busiek run we see them out shopping together.
    I think Clint is an old friendship that's now been pretty distant. They haven't really communicated since the infamous stuff that happened between them.

I'd definitely say it's Jan or Carol. Probably more so Jan since she was even there for Wanda during some of the darkest times. And Marvel kind of forgot the Carol and Wanda friendship for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    I indeed was surprised at 1st, but indeed like you said GenericUsername, I found this Month to be Frontloaded with New Events, Specials & Especially #1's.
    Yes, lots of new events and first issues for comics. May was a pretty busy month.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I'm speaking on them being more complete stories instead of installments.
    Which still go on for years. The only difference is that most mangas have endings while US comics tend go on forever

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Clint, Carol and Jan I would consider Wanda's best friends

Amazing Member

Wanda gets so much push and attention, but why doesn’t Quicksilver her twin brother get the same, even her twins get more push than him, well more Wiccan than Speed ??

Spectacular Member

would Natasha and wanda be close to each other though?