Page 147 of 211 FirstFirst ... 4797137143144145146147148149150151157197 ... LastLast
Results 2,191 to 2,205 of 3154

Scarlet Witch Annual variant by Peach Momoko
    SDCC exclusive

"This is me being reasonable"

Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    Scarlet Witch Annual variant by Peach Momoko
    SDCC exclusive

Magical girl vibes are magical .

I'd love to see Marya again. They brought her back and then did nothing with her. I'd love to see Tommy also get some attention, too.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I'd love to see Marya again. They brought her back and then did nothing with her. I'd love to see Tommy also get some attention, too.
    Yeah, it would be nice if someone would focus on Wanda's actual family instead of Daddy Magneto. Tommy also needs some love, especially after the whole, I was the one who discovered my mum's body at a party.

Extraordinary Member

I was thinking about Wanda's series and how almost all of the stories have been done-in-one, has Orlando or anyone else at Marvel explained why that is?

I don't mind the relatively short, low-stakes stories if only because it's a break from Wanda suffering all the time, but I think the relatively decompressed modern storytelling makes the stories feel a bit insubstantial. Robinson's series had a similar issue. You look at the Vision & the Scarlet Witch minis from the '80s, most of those were done-in-one stories too, but they packed in a lot more plot.

Come to think of it, maybe the explanation is just that most of the series Wanda has headlined or co-headlined (Vision & the Scarlet Witch, and Robinson's series) are mostly single-issue stories too.

Extraordinary Member

Darkhold kinda has a grand and longer storyline and that's like, two issues.
    Again, yeah, a nice change from her being dragged through mud all the time.
    But I kinda think her struggle with Chthon and the final victory against him deserves so much more panel time.(Which is why I kinda hoped we can saw more flashbacks about her preparations or aftermath of that)

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    I was thinking about Wanda's series and how almost all of the stories have been done-in-one, has Orlando or anyone else at Marvel explained why that is?

I don't mind the relatively short, low-stakes stories if only because it's a break from Wanda suffering all the time, but I think the relatively decompressed modern storytelling makes the stories feel a bit insubstantial. Robinson's series had a similar issue. You look at the Vision & the Scarlet Witch minis from the '80s, most of those were done-in-one stories too, but they packed in a lot more plot.

Come to think of it, maybe the explanation is just that most of the series Wanda has headlined or co-headlined (Vision & the Scarlet Witch, and Robinson's series) are mostly single-issue stories too.
    Orlando has explained that given the way comics sales (in general) are at the moment, you can only plan one arc or issue at a time, so you can't do long epics like the old days because you never know if your comic will be around next month.

Extraordinary Member

Yeah, the only way you get a longer arc these days seem to be in adaptions.
    Wanda in Midnight Suns seems to be okay-ish.(Chthon for some reason suddenly become everyone's pick for demonic villains the last few years)
    I wish she can somehow garner enough popularity to warrant a game dedicated to her or a small cast including her.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post

Slight correction there, but the story being fast paced enough to be resolved in a single-issue is more compressed storytelling. Decompressed would be if the the individual story's took multiple issues to resolve and thus be slower paced.

So this book is more compressed than decompressed.

We still got an entire event coming up regarding the Darkhold and I really doubt we will just return to the previous status quo
    "This is me being reasonable"

Extraordinary Member

Honestly it feels weird to make an event about Darkhold when it's functionally just a generic plot device.
    Would be much more interesting if this whole thing is before Darkhold Alpha&Omega, that way it makes Wanda's whole journey more impactful and feels like a true finale of an era.

Also Marvel is just kinda allergic to using characters who actually had a stake in the whole conflict, instead they just pick whoever is popular.
    Darcy and Agatha can easily be replaced by the likes of Holly, Modred, Morgan Le Fay, but since those are not in the MCU, we get a Darkhold event where the only one who has historical ties to it is Wanda herself.
    (It's the same issue with Darkhold Alpha, again they need to introduce the concept of "Darkhold Defenders" and grab bunch of more random heroes to do horror oneshots with.)

I am more intrigued about the main Avengers run to be honest, at least she get to hang out with old colleagues again.(Having Darcy as the one constant human connection for Wanda is not bad perse, just bland, I still say she should grab a friendly N'Garai to spice up the dynamic in her office lol.)
    Last edited by MaximoffTrash; 07-17-2023 at 02:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Honestly it feels weird to make an event about Darkhold when it's functionally just a generic plot device.
    Would be much more interesting if this whole thing is before Darkhold Alpha&Omega, that way it makes Wanda's whole journey more impactful and feels like a true finale of an era.

Also Marvel is just kinda allergic to using characters who actually had a stake in the whole conflict, instead they just pick whoever is popular.
    Darcy and Agatha can easily be replaced by the likes of Holly, Modred, Morgan Le Fay, but since those are not in the MCU, we get a Darkhold event where the only one who has historical ties to it is Wanda herself.
    (It's the same issue with Darkhold Alpha, again they need to introduce the concept of "Darkhold Defenders" and grab bunch of more random heroes to do horror oneshots with.)

I am more intrigued about the main Avengers run to be honest, at least she get to hang out with old colleagues again.(Having Darcy as the one constant human connection for Wanda is not bad perse, just bland, I still say she should grab a friendly N'Garai to spice up the dynamic in her office lol.)
    Yeah, it is weird that the likes of Holly, Modred, Morgan Le Fay, etc are being ignored but it is one clearly MCU Synergy at work and the fact that the desire to try and make this as accessible to newcomers as possible.

Did we get sales figures for June? I wonder how Wanda's annual sold.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Did we get sales figures for June? I wonder how Wanda's annual sold.
    It ranked 44th. Not bad for a solo ongoing, but weak compared to what the book had been doing. My sense is many have gone over to just reading her on the Avengers once she started appearing there.

I hope the upcoming issues are better.