Page 150 of 211 FirstFirst ... 50100140146147148149150151152153154160200 ... LastLast
Results 2,236 to 2,250 of 3154
    Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SilverScarlet View Post
    A) This doesn’t strike me as a second-to-last issue, so I think there’s a pretty good chance the book will be continuing past issue #10.
    B) Though there doesn’t seem to be any mention of it, I REALLY hope Pietro guests in this story....that’s important to both of the twin’s overall continuity.
    Indeed, by Every Account I talk to my LCS Owners and they can image the book coming to an end anytime soon either, Scarlet Witch Vol. 3 is one of their hottest selling books and I talk to them ever week about it, so by all RL accounts I have the book is still Gang-Busters Right Now!
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Two Wanda books/Stories in one month is good, though Why is she back in her old costume in CRYPT OF SHADOWS? Either it is set in the past or she isn't wearing it in the actual issue. Also I hope the whole Joseph storyline does highlight the reality of Daddy Magneto, that it isn't the happy relationship that people want it to be.

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    So it’s been done 3 times already and you want more?
    Well, yes!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    Two Wanda books/Stories in one month is good, though Why is she back in her old costume in CRYPT OF SHADOWS? Either it is set in the past or she isn't wearing it in the actual issue. Also I hope the whole Joseph storyline does highlight the reality of Daddy Magneto, that it isn't the happy relationship that people want it to be.
    I just assume it's a one and done AU story or something.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    I’m not exactly sure, but that’s a pretty good guess. My thought was Yu just wanted to draw her in her classic duds.

As far as the relationship with Magneto, I don’t want it to be a happy ho hum kind of tale. I want it to be messy, I want it to be aggressive and rage fueled. There’s a lot of trauma there to unpack, and it’s something that’s needed to be addressed for the last 60 years. Magneto needs to make amends, and she needs to have closure. Magneto and Pietro need to address their part in HoM. They need to address their treatment of her. Pietro’s mental abuse over the last 6 decades is something that needs to be addressed.
    Last edited by Shadowcat; 07-19-2023 at 09:45 AM.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

It's not Magneto. It's Joseph...and he had nothing to do with HoM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    It's not Magneto. It's Joseph...and he had nothing to do with HoM.
    I know. I’m talking about in general. If it happens, it’s something that needs to be addressed.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

I’m under the impression that Dauterman can do no wrong.

Maybe he erases his mistakes before we see them, but that’s just part and parcel to his extraordinary artwork.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

As for Wanda and Magneto...we already got a heartfelt reconciliation between the two concerning her (and Pietro) status as a mutant and as his daughter. It happened just at the end of the HFGala before she was killed and prior to Trial of Magneto. I don't know if they both still harbour any deep ill-feelings towards Magneto for being a bad dad way back when, but it doesn't seem likely.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    I’m not exactly sure, but that’s a pretty good guess. My thought was Yu just wanted to draw her in her classic duds.

As far as the relationship with Magneto, I don’t want it to be a happy ho hum kind of tale. I want it to be messy, I want it to be aggressive and rage fueled. There’s a lot of trauma there to unpack, and it’s something that’s needed to be addressed for the last 60 years. Magneto needs to make amends, and she needs to have closure. Magneto and Pietro need to address their part in HoM. They need to address their treatment of her. Pietro’s mental abuse over the last 6 decades is something that needs to be addressed.
    When you deal with 60 years of history there are bound to be cherrypickings on what counts and whag doesn't count. And it doesn't help Trial of Magneto already kinda assumed them to be a somewhat loving family.

Personally I just want Wanda to be chill, it doesn't really matter if Magneto is particularly abusive, the point is that they ultimately missed the chance to be a family in any meaningful way. You can be the nicest guy in the world but you still don't get to have a place in your long lost child's life if they don't want it to be that way. I think this is a story premise often seen in romance, but it works in all kinds of emotional bonds.

And honestly that is like one theme I want with this whole thing both in-universe and offpage. They had their chances and it didn't work, everyone laughs off at this huge mess and move on. They could still interact with each other, but as familiar strangers.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    As for Wanda and Magneto...we already got a heartfelt reconciliation between the two concerning her (and Pietro) status as a mutant and as his daughter. It happened just at the end of the HFGala before she was killed and prior to Trial of Magneto. I don't know if they both still harbour any deep ill-feelings towards Magneto for being a bad dad way back when, but it doesn't seem likely.
    Again, very much like Darkhold Alpha/Omega, this is another case of all results and no buildup.
    Marvel seemed to be in a hurry to bleach her character and kinda burnt through otherwise interesting arcs.

This October, take another frightening journey through the shadows of the Marvel Universe in CRYPT OF SHADOWS #1!

The hit one-shot is back for another year of tales starring some of the spookiest characters comics has to offer. The crypt will be reopened and the creatures, monsters, and ghouls of the Marvel Universe will emerge in this collection of terrifying and easily accessible stories that will haunt new fans and longtime readers alike this Halloween season!

Once more, as All Hallows’ Eve draws nigh, the dust-covered slab that seals shut the crypt, blocking out the sun and casting it forever in shadow, has creaked open to let the darkness loose to prey on the Marvel Universe! Be they mercenary or mage, guided by law or by rage, our heroes will face their terror, and they’d best pray their spines are sturdy enough for the job…or the crypt they find may well be their own! Read on if you dare to discover what awaits in this year’s CRYPT OF SHADOWS #1:

Current SCARLET WITCH scribe Steve Orlando and artist Paul Azaceta weave a Scarlet Witch story where she faces a terrifying new villain called the Bricklayer

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...t-tqajELxKEXbY

Extraordinary Member

I bet Steve Orlando never foresaw how much work he would get from that much-delayed "Darkhold" assignment.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    I bet Steve Orlando never foresaw how much work he would get from that much-delayed "Darkhold" assignment.
    I actually bet it was clear from the get-go that Orlando would be in charge of the character for the foreseeable future. The way Darkhold was written basically screamed that a follow-up is coming. I don't like to toot my own horn but I also said that way back then when others had trouble being patient. The pandemic might have delayed things but nothing more.
    "This is me being reasonable"

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    When you deal with 60 years of history there are bound to be cherrypickings on what counts and whag doesn't count. And it doesn't help Trial of Magneto already kinda assumed them to be a somewhat loving family.

Personally I just want Wanda to be chill, it doesn't really matter if Magneto is particularly abusive, the point is that they ultimately missed the chance to be a family in any meaningful way. You can be the nicest guy in the world but you still don't get to have a place in your long lost child's life if they don't want it to be that way. I think this is a story premise often seen in romance, but it works in all kinds of emotional bonds.

And honestly that is like one theme I want with this whole thing both in-universe and offpage. They had their chances and it didn't work, everyone laughs off at this huge mess and move on. They could still interact with each other, but as familiar strangers.
    That will never happen Im sure. We can have endless discussions about how their relationship should or shouldn't be but it doesn't matter how much cherrypicking and retconning you are doing on this topic. They are not strangers to each other. Nobody would buy into that at this point.
    "This is me being reasonable"