Page 123 of 211 FirstFirst ... 2373113119120121122123124125126127133173 ... LastLast
Results 1,831 to 1,845 of 3154
    Extraordinary Member

I don't want to grumble about the book because I've mostly enjoyed it, and some low-stakes stories with nice art aren't such a bad deal for Wanda when I'm still depressed of her treatment in the MCU.

I think her magic will always be less interesting than her relationships. Maybe she just needed more of a supporting cast than just Darcy, or more of a focus on building that one relationship with this new person.

What I'm hoping to see is something like issue #7 of Robinson's series, with the psychiatrist. There was a lot I could criticize about that run but that issue was a good character study of Wanda, including her character flaws.

The one thing I could criticize in that issue is the psychiatrist asks Wanda why she didn't try to revive Vision after she killed him in Avengers Disassembled. The editor should have known that Vision was already revived by the time Wanda came back. But you could always no-prize it as a clue that the psychiatrist didn't really know what he was talking about.
    Last edited by gurkle; 06-03-2023 at 12:58 PM.

It's funny how fandoms can be.

There are people who don't care about her power.
    There are people like me who are content with the current portrayal of Wanda being an S-tier hero
    And lastly there are people who are not happy until Wanda one-shots every single being in the Marvel Universe.

Not judging here. You like what you like. I just find it very funny and it's a prime example that pleasing everyone is literally impossible.

In other news. Her fellow mates would choose to have the Scarlet Witch at their side in a battle. (But then who wouldn't?)
    https://twitter.com/ScarletWitchUpd/...17605028540417

Also a fun easter egg that I didn't know about until now but a Scarlet Witch comic had a cameo in last episode of She-Hulk.

"This is me being reasonable"

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

I have some bad news. One of my fellow staff writers for Comic-Watch has said that Orlando said sales might not be enough to keep the book afloat after issue 10. So I say fight. Push this book to any and everyone to pick it up.

Nvm. I see he’s tweeted the news as well.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    It's funny how fandoms can be.

There are people who don't care about her power.
    There are people like me who are content with the current portrayal of Wanda being an S-tier hero
    And lastly there are people who are not happy until Wanda one-shots every single being in the Marvel Universe.

Not judging here. You like what you like. I just find it very funny and it's a prime example that pleasing everyone is literally impossible.
    Oh, for sure. You see people who don't like how easily Wanda solves magic problems in her book, and then on the other hand people who are upset (not here) that Avengers #1 seemingly gave her a sudden weakness to magnetic fields.

Of course no fan thinks only one thing all the time. I usually fall into category 1 but even I didn't like that for so many years she wasn't portrayed as one of the most powerful members of the Avengers. Ironically, or maybe not, it wasn't until after Avengers Disassembled/House of M that she started getting consistently talked about that way in-universe.

He did acknowledge that her sales went up from March to April. I don't think May's sales are known just yet, since that month just ended. https://twitter.com/thesteveorlando/...98531030794240
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    This is sad to hear, the Scarlet Witch solo has been surprisingly one of my favorite new books released in a while and to hear it struggling is really heartbreaking to hear. Hopefully more people buy it so we can get more issues of this wonderful piece of work
    I think you people really read a bit much into it. There is a reason he says the entire industry is struggling. This is nothing specific to Scarlet Witch itself which is still a topseller in relation to many others.

Two scenarios.

1. Comic X sells 100.000 units
      Comic Y sells 25.000 units
    2. Comic X sells 12 units
      Comic Y sells 4 units

In both scenarios the comics have the same relation to each other but obviously the second scenario is a nightmare. That's the only thing the data we have shows. Don't get it twisted. We don't know how much Amazing Spider-Man sells and if you apparently ask any fan it should be 0.

I know many of you have apparently not watched after I linked it but here a recent interview with Steve Orlando where he confirms that sales have risen with every issue. Something which we have seen and which is not normal in the industry.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hipn...ndex=4&t=1046s

TL;DR - Just chill
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    I have some bad news. One of my fellow staff writers for Comic-Watch has said that Orlando said sales might not be enough to keep the book afloat after issue 10. So I say fight. Push this book to any and everyone to pick it up.

Nvm. I see he’s tweeted the news as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    He did acknowledge that her sales went up from March to April. I don't think May's sales are known just yet, since that month just ended. https://twitter.com/thesteveorlando/...98531030794240
    Honestly I find this worry that the book might get canceled with such high numbers pure insanity.

I really don't get the market then or how Marvel or any other publisher figures success anymore, if a book is so high on the charts, selling out and even making 2nd prints for most of its 1st few issues how could Marvel or any other publisher figure to stop it at all?!

It is outselling most regulare esablished hero books that have dozens of issues to them, many team books unlesh you are Batman or Spider-Man main book.

I just find this all funny and hard to believe they cancel this book so soon when by all accounts even at my stores it is a top seller, if so then the Comic Sales industry is more Broken I ever figured and that is not Wanda or any characters fault.

I just can't figure how it could be considered possible to end it or seeing that happening?!

P.S. I don't want to sound worried or Anything, so don't take my points as that & I take all these charts with Salt all the time, but it just seems like Overworrying to me just by a few tweets with other Orlando is impressed by the numbers going up as GenericUsername has pointed out with their link, so this seems to be a flowing figuring things out with how the book will be going on.
    Last edited by CJStriker; 06-03-2023 at 11:11 PM.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    Oh, for sure. You see people who don't like how easily Wanda solves magic problems in her book, and then on the other hand people who are upset (not here) that Avengers #1 seemingly gave her a sudden weakness to magnetic fields.

Of course no fan thinks only one thing all the time. I usually fall into category 1 but even I didn't like that for so many years she wasn't portrayed as one of the most powerful members of the Avengers. Ironically, or maybe not, it wasn't until after Avengers Disassembled/House of M that she started getting consistently talked about that way in-universe.
    As I have already said I want Wanda to be incredibly powerful and that's exactly what we are getting but I have to say it as it is and I don't mean this as an offense for everyone who thinks that way. But some people apparently want Wanda to be a Mary Sue. I hate using this term considering how others tend to use it as soon as a female character that does anything significant but it's true here. Any struggle, flaw or setback that Wanda goes through is immediately seen as some kind of personal attack or something. That's not healthy lol. Without struggles there is no story to be had.

That's why also repeat that I am a huge fan of how Orlando has addressed this. Wanda could have simply blown up everyone she has gone against. That is established but that is not the person Wanda wants to be so her morals and personality serve as the point where the struggle comes from. Simple.

Avengers #1 is also a good example that you brought up. Are those people forgetting that Thor also got punched into space and was unconscious for a while? It's a team book. If characters are unbeatable and flawless then what's even the point of having the rest of the team? Why are people not aware how story-telling works?

But that's enough ranting for now

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    Honestly I find this worry that the book might get canceled with such high numbers pure insanity.

I really don't get the market then or how Marvel or any other publisher figures success anymore, if a book is so high on the charts, selling out and even making 2nd prints for most of its 1st few issues how could Marvel or any other publisher figure to stop it at all?!

It is outselling most regulare esablished hero books that have dozens of issues to them, many team books unlesh you are Batman or Spider-Man main book.

I just find this all funny and hard to believe they cancel this book so soon when by all accounts even at my stores it is a top seller, if so then the Comic Sales industry is more Broken I ever figured and that is not Wanda or any characters fault.

I just can't figure how it could be considered possible to end it or seeing that happening?!

P.S. I don't want to sound worried or Anything, so don't take my points as that & I take all these charts with Salt all the time, but it just seems like Overworrying to me just by a few tweets with other Orlando is impressed by the numbers going up as GenericUsername has pointed out with their link, so this seems to be a flowing figuring things out with how the book will be going on.
    Like I said people have taken something for more then it is and ran with it. The fact that it came this far and Orlando felt the need to respond to it shows how invested the readership really is. I can promise you Wanda is going nowhere

So Orlando tweeted this? i don't know if he was just trolling but he did say that the whole industry is struggling right now.

https://twitter.com/thesteveorlando/...l_X6l8fvg&s=19

I still think he needs to come up with something to bring the attention of more readers.

Of course we don't know the actual sales figures or even Marvel's expectations for the book. It might be doing well in the sales characters but we don't know how many actual copies are being sold for all we know there could be a huge jump between Where Wanda is and where the book ahead of her is or the actual number of copies sold for all the books could be low. Similarly Marvel might have put high expectations on this book and the sales figures might not be what they are hoping for, so unless we see actual numbers I won't put much into the sales charts
    Last edited by leokearon; 06-04-2023 at 11:53 AM.

It does seem like he was saying the whole industry is struggling. Which it has for many years now. Really has for most of my life. I think they just want to be selling more books in total. Not just Wanda's.

It does seem like he was saying the whole industry is struggling. Which it has for many years now. Really has for most of my life. I think they just want to be selling more books in total. Not just Wanda's.
    There is an entire discussion about it on the X-forums and honestly as long as Marvel rides out their current business model that is simply not happening. There need to be significant changes. With Ike Perlmutters Marvel Entertainment gone and everything being under the proper Disney umbrella that could happen but who knows?

I think it would be great if comics basically become IP farms so popular IPs can continue to be in the spotlight no matter wait while upcoming and new IPs actually get a chance instead of immediately being killed.

There is an entire discussion about it on the X-forums and honestly as long as Marvel rides out their current business model that is simply not happening. There need to be significant changes. With Ike Perlmutters Marvel Entertainment gone and everything being under the proper Disney umbrella that could happen but who knows?

I think it would be great if comics basically become IP farms so popular IPs can continue to be in the spotlight no matter wait while upcoming and new IPs actually get a chance instead of immediately being killed.
    Yeah I don't know what the solution is personally. Maybe follow manga with there being full stories released? Instead of the normal weekly/monthly installments. I hope they figure something out.

Yeah I don't know what the solution is personally. Maybe follow manga with there being full stories released? Instead of the normal weekly/monthly installments. I hope they figure something out.
    Manga still comes out weekly and monthly in Japan, just in bigger mags

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Whether it last 10 issues, 50 issues 100 issues...once Orlando, Dauterman and Pichelli are on it...I'm buying and enjoying for however long it lasts.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

https://icv2.com/articles/markets/vi...omics-may-2023
    Based on this incomplete metric the comic might not make it passed 10
    “There is no defense against the Scarlet Witch's HEX!