Page 182 of 211 FirstFirst ... 82132172178179180181182183184185186192 ... LastLast
Results 2,716 to 2,730 of 3154

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Yeah here she just looks evil with a body suit on. The other has the pointy look that Lilith has on her head. That prosthetic look could probably be used if they have Lilith in the MCU the future.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    Nah. The MCU is cooking with that. Scarlet Witch being a legendary title with some real relevance and mythos behind it is the best thing ever opposed to it being a random thrown-in title.

“This is a place where, in the past, The Scarlet Witch had been revered as a goddess. It had this very religious overtone, like an ancient catacomb.”

— Production designer Charles Wood on Mount Wundagore

Meanwhile in comics
    - She is called Scarlet Witch but actually isn't a witch haha
    - Scarlet Witch is a legacy title

Nostalgia is a powerful thing and people can like what they like but this is a topic I feel very strongly about.

"Sorcerer Supreme" is a title with relevance and mythos and Strange is the one who is generally associated with it though others can hold it too like Clea recently did.
    "Scarlet Witch" is a title that equally demands respect and makes her know throughout the mystical world and nobody besides Wanda can ever hold the title since it's intrinsically tied to her as a person. You cannot earn it since they are no trials or anything and there is nobody who can grant you that title either. Even if you manage to copy Wanda you will never be the real deal.

That's how I want it and that's thankfully what we have been getting. And while it might be misplaced, I have confidence that Marvel doesn't mess up this obvious winning recipe that has proven to be very popular.

WandaVison also got another win in in a different way. The Steam 20th Anniversary page references a lot of popular memes and the Agatha winking meme managed to sneak in.

And they ruined it by making a fucking lame movie about it.
    I am all for lore shit but MoM handled it incredibly lazy without intrigue.
    It is quite literally just an evil entity, and what religious overtone? There is no history and lore about Darkhold and Chthon in MCU, everything is just told not shown.
    No darkhold cultists, no Morgan Le Fay, and Chthon got the most generic title as the first demon.

Like seriously I am a sucker for fantasy lore dives but MoM is just fucking uninspired and creatively bankrupt.
    You may argue they couldn't do much in a Dr.Strange movie, exactly! Then don't do it there and leave it to the next personal project of hers, and actually respect her character there with competent writers who have functioning braincells.

And at the end of the day you don't need to make the title special, the Chthonic/Darkhold lore is around with or without that, I don't mind WV making SW a prophecy, but that is based on the assumption that they can actually weave an interesting narrative about fate and destiny, not whatever Waldron came up with.
    Last edited by MaximoffTrash; 09-15-2023 at 01:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    Managed to read issue 8 and I really loved it for the most part. The interaction and truth duel between Wanda and Loki was great and while I still don't see them as ever being lovers, friends I could see. Not keen on the Joseph reveal at the end, it seems that while Orlando is not trying to play the hits with Wanda, he seems to be doing it with Joseph.
    What's intriguing is that Joseph and Hexfinder are communicating through mysterium. Considering how Hexfinder is a witch hunter and an alchemist and things are coming together.
    "This is me being reasonable"

Extraordinary Member

Managed to read issue 8 and I really loved it for the most part. The interaction and truth duel between Wanda and Loki was great and while I still don't see them as ever being lovers, friends I could see. Not keen on the Joseph reveal at the end, it seems that while Orlando is not trying to play the hits with Wanda, he seems to be doing it with Joseph.
    I just wish they can drop the term "adoptive father", just say Magneto/Erik or something.
    Also the line about "true father" is weird, in what way is Magneto her true dad now that the bloodties are gone?
    Also she should have mentioned Django because Loki mentioned Laufey and Odin(his biological and foster fathers), while Wanda only ever talked about Magneto.
    Last edited by MaximoffTrash; 09-15-2023 at 03:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    I just wish they can drop the term "adoptive father", just say Magneto/Erik or something.
    Also the line about "true father" is weird, in what way is Magneto her true dad now that the bloodties are gone?
    Also she should have mentioned Django because Loki mentioned Laufey and Odin(his biological and foster fathers), while Wanda only ever talked about Magneto.
    I believe the true father is Django, as she refers to Magneto as either Magneto or father throughout the dance. This also fits in Busiek's Wanda who saw Django as her true father

Also agree the adoptive father term should be dropped and Wanda just call him Magneto or Eric
    Last edited by leokearon; 09-15-2023 at 04:51 AM.

That illustration by Tammetta is now finished and was posted by him. Looks like it will be for NYCC and I love it.
    https://twitter.com/LorenzoTammetta/...52152384520551

Yasssssssss, oh my goodness this is beautiful. Wow his artwork is stellar in this image. We need a commercial poster or print of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Cubbyboo View Post
    Yasssssssss, oh my goodness this is beautiful. Wow his artwork is stellar in this image. We need a commercial poster or print of this.
    Yeah. A poster of this would actually be pretty awesome and I would already have a place for it. I think he will have something ready for New York Comic Con but it's obviously not much use for us non-Americans
    "This is me being reasonable"

Yeah. A poster of this would actually be pretty awesome and I would already have a place for it. I think he will have something ready for New York Comic Con but it's obviously not much use for us non-Americans
    Sigh. I know. I'm kinda sad about that. On a side note - I have the P Craig Russell poster framed and matted. On ebay here in Spain it's like 174 euros for the poster??!!

WANDAVISION Concept Art Reveals A Plethora Of Alternate Costumes Designs For Scarlet Witch And White Vision
    https://comicbookmovie.com/tv/marvel...5709#gs.56zuwa

Scarlet Witch’s Perfect Soulmate Isn't Vision - It's Loki
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/sc...ki/ar-AA1gzgYi

DOCTOR STRANGE IN THE MULTIVERSE OF MADNESS Concept Art Shows Alternate Scarlet Witch Costume & Crown Designs
    https://comicbookmovie.com/doctor-st...5681#gs.5701fv
    Last edited by Witchfan; 09-15-2023 at 09:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post

I believe the true father is Django, as she refers to Magneto as either Magneto or father throughout the dance. This also fits in Busiek's Wanda who saw Django as her true father

Also agree the adoptive father term should be dropped and Wanda just call him Magneto or Eric
    Technically both Django and Magneto would be considered adoptive fathers since neither of them are biologically her father, but took up the familial role. For me Wanda can have two fathers like anyone else can possibly at the moment she is having stronger feelings concerning Magneto since he chose to stay dead.
    “There is no defense against the Scarlet Witch's HEX!

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Scarlet Witch’s Perfect Soulmate Isn't Vision - It's Loki
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/sc...ki/ar-AA1gzgYi
    MSN needs to back off, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Covetous_One View Post
    Technically both Django and Magneto would be considered adoptive fathers since neither of them are biologically her father, but took up the familial role. For me Wanda can have two fathers like anyone else can possibly at the moment she is having stronger feelings concerning Magneto since he chose to stay dead.
    Mags never really adopted her. Django did literally. Right now the familial situation with Mags is that they consider themselves family but that is not really adoption. It's like when someone calls someone their spiritual sister or something like that. Not really family but more of brother from another mother situation.
    Last edited by GenericUsername; 09-15-2023 at 11:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Mags never really adopted her. Django did literally. Right now the familial situation with Mags is that they consider themselves family but that is not really adoption. It's like when someone calls someone their spiritual sister or something like that. Not really family but more of brother from another mother situation.
    The spiritual part of it is why it is adoption. Adoption is not only people who raise, you which Django did, but also people who want to be there for you, which Magneto from time to time does. Plus this just my opinion based on learning health assessment and what nurses and facilities consider family is whoever the patient deems to be family in their social circle
    “There is no defense against the Scarlet Witch's HEX!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Covetous_One View Post
    Yeah but they straight up ignore Django even in context that would be appropriate to bring him up, didn't they? Like Loki set up the convo talking about his two fathers but that somehow didn't ring any bell for Wanda, they are kinda making confessions and Wanda has nothing to say about Django? To me this just feels like erasure.

Which is my old complaint all over again, Magneto with his sheer popularity makes everything else about Wanda irrelevant. Because of course it does.
    Last edited by MaximoffTrash; 09-15-2023 at 11:43 AM.

Extraordinary Member

She said her true father could be a "fanatic" at times and he saved her from a mob, it is that line that more or less confirmed she was talking about Mag. Unless Orlando thinks Django trapping souls during a moment of grief is somehow fanatic behavior and Chthon counts as a mob.

I originally thought it's Django as well and find it weird that Orlando placed him in the birth dad position in comparison to Laufey, but nope, he is just ignored.
    Last edited by MaximoffTrash; 09-15-2023 at 11:49 AM.