Page 179 of 211 FirstFirst ... 79129169175176177178179180181182183189 ... LastLast
Results 2,671 to 2,685 of 3154

Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    https://twitter.com/ChaosStar333/sta...86536458965116

After seeing all these drawings from Lorenzo Tammetta I must say he is an amazing artist and I feel the colorist isn't doing his work justice. Im not an artist so I can't tell what exactly it is but if I look at all of his work and then compare it to the finished product I can't help but feel something is being lost in the process. It's not a huge deal but it's a bit of a shame really.

Sure they can make something up but there is an important step before that. There is no need or reason for that until they actually find a role for Pietro first.
    Marvel in general doesn't really have interest in Superman analogs and the same is true for speedsters. They are cameos and supporting characters mostly. They might get a run that makes them more but after that's over they are definitely put back into the box. Gladiator, Hyperion, Sentry, Blue Marvel, etc. It's always the same with these kind of characters. Pietro is probably the most well known speedster of the MU and his role and importance are basically non-existent. That should speak for the state Marvels speedsters are in.

But here is a controversial question. Is Marvel wrong about that?
    I have to agree. While I like the artwork better than so much more other books, I don't love it like I did at the start of the series. I do not want to rock the boat though and can easily say I do not dislike the art at all - it's quite nice. However whenever I see Tammetta's pencils only I always think "wow I like the art so much better here than when it's final" so yeah I feel like some detail or something is getting lost.

I also keep comparing Wanda's face and body here to Perez and Pichelli and Werneck and Larraz and Medina and Coipel and thinking "while I don't mind this, Wanda's features have always been more delicate and soft imho" (her nose looks much bigger to me maybe - and with my arabian ancestry we have some prominent noses in my family!! Anyhow I dunno what's not quite Wandaish to me and the art is still lovely) and I know I didn't word it right, but she just doesn't match my visual - and that's just me I realize. However we have her in her own book and in Avengers and the art in her own book is still very nice and ofc we get Villa on Avengers so I'll just sit down and be quiet now.

Edit: just looked at the cover to #9. Her face in the brotherhood costume is very close to my personal image of her -minus the full face tiara ofc.
    Last edited by Cubbyboo; 09-11-2023 at 10:52 AM.

I just don't like that they draw the headpiece as if it was the old one, completely ignoring Dauterman's design.

I don't blame Lorenzo much for it though cause I think he's just trying to match Pichelli to keep the book cohesive (which it is).

Yeah something throws me off -and again, I dunno what it is- but it's still lovely so I'll happily take it.

There is actually an update to this
    https://twitter.com/ChaosStar333/sta...83012015321495

Apparently it's not from the book itself but an illustration for prints. What they mean exactly with that, I don't know.
    Besides #10 will have Pichelli as the sole artist.

There is also some new statements from a behind-the-scenes person. It's pretty obvious looking at it but it's still cool to have official word on it.
    https://twitter.com/ScarletWitchUpd/...38022598012949
    Thanks for the clarification 🙂
    “There is no defense against the Scarlet Witch's HEX!

Astonishing Member

I think it's often the case that pencils look better than the finished art, but not always. Back in the 80s, John Romita, JR produced very rough pencils in which the ink had to provide a lot of shadows and texture that Romita didn't. If a penciler has added a lot of detail, it can be missed or ignored by the finisher -- for varying reasons. Sometimes too much detail takes aways, and other times the finisher doesn't have as much time as the penciler did.

https://twitter.com/ChaosStar333/sta...86536458965116Sure they can make something up but there is an important step before that. There is no need or reason for that until they actually find a role for Pietro first.
    Marvel in general doesn't really have interest in Superman analogs and the same is true for speedsters. They are cameos and supporting characters mostly. They might get a run that makes them more but after that's over they are definitely put back into the box. Gladiator, Hyperion, Sentry, Blue Marvel, etc. It's always the same with these kind of characters. Pietro is probably the most well known speedster of the MU and his role and importance are basically non-existent. That should speak for the state Marvels speedsters are in.

But here is a controversial question. Is Marvel wrong about that?
    He's in UA. His role should be something like an ambassador between mutants and Avengers.

And Marvel really should stop hating on it's speedsters.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I just don't like that they draw the headpiece as if it was the old one, completely ignoring Dauterman's design.

I don't blame Lorenzo much for it though cause I think he's just trying to match Pichelli to keep the book cohesive (which it is).
    Yeah, it must be frustrating to design a costume and have people ignore the details, people did t he same with the Wada costume as well.

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    I think it's often the case that pencils look better than the finished art, but not always. Back in the 80s, John Romita, JR produced very rough pencils in which the ink had to provide a lot of shadows and texture that Romita didn't. If a penciler has added a lot of detail, it can be missed or ignored by the finisher -- for varying reasons. Sometimes too much detail takes aways, and other times the finisher doesn't have as much time as the penciler did.
    I understand that in the creative process there are sometimes complications and compromises. Like I said it's not a huge deal but it's noticeable since I didn't have the same feeling with Pichelli, Dauterman and Nieto. I wonder if it has something to do with having two artists? Even though Pichelli only does a few pages it's still an additional person with their art that needs to be managed before the book can go into print.
    "This is me being reasonable"

Two new variant covers

Eva Quintero variant for Scarlet Witch #9 which will be featured in a backup story. By Ernanda Souza

Variant cover for Crypt of Shadows by Paul Azaceta

Wanda enjoys being a champion of the common people [Scarlet Witch Annual #1 (2023)]

Ha ha, a grown woman being mistaken as a sidekick. Agatha's age down didn't prevent that .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Ha ha, a grown woman being mistaken as a sidekick. Agatha's age down didn't prevent that .
    Partner would have been more apt, but still it was funny to see Agatha's ego taking a little bruising

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    Partner would have been more apt, but still it was funny to see Agatha's ego taking a little bruising
    Gotta love how Wanda just went along with it. Even she couldn't resist it

Also today was the release of the Multiverse of Madness art book and there is already some stuff floating around. Don't have it myself but I just ordered it because the stuff I have seen made me really interested.

Last edited by Galerion; 09-12-2023 at 12:06 PM.

Extraordinary Member

I hate that they have to talk about Multiverse of Madness as if it has anything to do with Wanda's character journey from WandaVision, but at least I like how Elizabeth Olsen's quote is almost entirely about WandaVision and has almost nothing to do with the movie except for the word "Multiverse" while the producer talks about WandaVision like he still hasn't seen it.

If I'm going to be bitter (and I am, because they wasted the chance to do so many things with this character and are giving her stories to other characters while she's in limbo) I can at least laugh at how transparent they are that they don't have any plan for character development.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    I hate that they have to talk about Multiverse of Madness as if it has anything to do with Wanda's character journey from WandaVision, but at least I like how Elizabeth Olsen's quote is almost entirely about WandaVision and has almost nothing to do with the movie except for the word "Multiverse" while the producer talks about WandaVision like he still hasn't seen it.

If I'm going to be bitter (and I am, because they wasted the chance to do so many things with this character and are giving her stories to other characters while she's in limbo) I can at least laugh at how transparent they are that they don't have any plan for character development.
    I think Elizabeth should quit then. I doubt they can recast her so easily.