Page 177 of 211 FirstFirst ... 77127167173174175176177178179180181187 ... LastLast
Results 2,641 to 2,655 of 3154

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I'm digging the episodic structure of the series. I guess Orlando's pitch for Wanda is a magical superhero mediator and it's working so far for me. I wonder if hexfinder's plan would challenge that angle.
    Yeah, it makes a change from just trashing someone with magic.

This wip is also a mystery since we have yet to see it.

[/QUOTE]
    GenericUsername answered this one for me before. It was Steve and appeared in #750 issue of Captain America
    “There is no defense against the Scarlet Witch's HEX!

Quote Originally Posted by Covetous_One View Post
    GenericUsername answered this one for me before. It was Steve and appeared in #750 issue of Captain America
    Makes sense. I looked it up and she is listed as an artist on it. Mystery solved but at least we are getting Pietro again. I really want to see his reaction to Joseph.
    "This is me being reasonable"

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

After re-re-reading...I really appreciate the different modes of storytelling Orlando has taken with Scarlet Witch. We had the Epic tale, the Fairy tale, this issue felt and read like a ballet Pas de Deux between Wanda and Loki, the delivery of their truths, lyrical.

While it is disappointing Joe is being willingly manipulated, I'm hoping he'll see and understand the truth Wanda showed him, eventually. I'm not so worried as Wanda is sure she'll be able to handle him when he turns heel on her...she isn't playing stupid...this is smart writing. Hexfinder though...I'm eagerly anticipating that showdown.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 09-08-2023 at 08:25 AM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

It's curious how much what Joe said was the truth and what was a lie. Wanda obviously has some trust in him which also comes up with in the duel where she says trust has been her greatest tool which Loki obviously disagrees with.
    Another thing I found curious is that Wanda said that a part of Pietro is still afraid of her every move. That would certainly explain why he isn't spending as much time with her as you would think. Even if that's more on a subconscious thing.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

She trusts him. Trust that he's a better person despite his history. But as she told Darcy...that trust isn't blind nor altruistic. And her dance with Loki showed that it doesn't need to be or...it shouldn't be.

Herself not being trusted by Pietro is interesting as it shows that we can never fully escape our past transgressions no matter how much we change and make amends and which clearly applies to Joseph there at the end, and it plays into what might potentially happen when she learns that Cthon is no longer fully imprisoned.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Yeah her conversation with Darcy makes it clear she will not be completely blindsided by it but I think she will still be heavily disappointed by it. After all she has trusted him, took him in, had some adventures with him and had some deeper personal conversations with him. But we have to see what the exact plan here is and Wanda herself doesn't know about Hexfinder yet. Speaking about her by the way. She only appears on one page but that page is serving. Pichelli just knows what she is doing.

Also for the ones being able to go there. The Scarlet Witch is back at Avengers Campus in Disneyland California
    https://twitter.com/scarletwnews/sta...23524579405904
    Last edited by Galerion; 09-08-2023 at 12:43 PM.

I wonder if Pietro’s lack of trust is A) concern, and B) uncertainty in himself, maybe even guilt.
    Pietro has always felt it was his job to look out for Wanda....Maybe he’s concerned that she’s taken on more than she can handle....or, at the very least, could in the past.
    He may be feeling guilty that he hasn’t honored this obligation as much as he thinks he should have.
    Or he could be disappointed in himself....Wanda has done a HUGE amount of growing, but what has Pietro done since his mini-series? He SAID he was going to change, but has he?
    There’s still SO much to delve in to with the twins...their relationship (and it’s dynamics), their history, both familial and with each other, their roles as heroes, their TRUE origins....it’s one of the main reasons I’d love to see this book continue for a good long time!

The issue was mediocre for me. Joseph still feels like he's only there because they can't use Magneto, and because of Orlando's X-obsession. I know they are doing the found family thing to appease HoM fans, but Wanda's true father was still Django. The bonding with Loki feels hollow when just about every Marvel character could relate to each other on the tragedy scale. The stuff about Pietro could be his protective-ness, but it still rubbed many the wrong way. Especially when this book goes out of it's way to make close ties to people Wanda was never close to while ignoring everyone she was actually close with.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Bring your Uncle to work day
    by
    LeokearonMSc
    https://www.deviantart.com/leokearon...-day-981577750

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    The issue was mediocre for me. Joseph still feels like he's only there because they can't use Magneto, and because of Orlando's X-obsession. I know they are doing the found family thing to appease HoM fans, but Wanda's true father was still Django. The bonding with Loki feels hollow when just about every Marvel character could relate to each other on the tragedy scale. The stuff about Pietro could be his protective-ness, but it still rubbed many the wrong way. Especially when this book goes out of it's way to make close ties to people Wanda was never close to while ignoring everyone she was actually close with.
    All this but also i could say the same about the issues #6 and #7

Quote Originally Posted by SilverScarlet View Post
    I wonder if Pietro’s lack of trust is A) concern, and B) uncertainty in himself, maybe even guilt.
    Pietro has always felt it was his job to look out for Wanda....Maybe he’s concerned that she’s taken on more than she can handle....or, at the very least, could in the past.
    He may be feeling guilty that he hasn’t honored this obligation as much as he thinks he should have.
    Or he could be disappointed in himself....Wanda has done a HUGE amount of growing, but what has Pietro done since his mini-series? He SAID he was going to change, but has he?
    There’s still SO much to delve in to with the twins...their relationship (and it’s dynamics), their history, both familial and with each other, their roles as heroes, their TRUE origins....it’s one of the main reasons I’d love to see this book continue for a good long time!
    Pietro is also kinda brash in personality and their relationship has done a complete 180 when it comes to power dynamics. In their interactions Wanda is now definitely the dominating personality. If she doesn't approve of something, it simply won't happen. I can see how someone like Pietro might be intimidated by the fact that his once little sister is now above him in pretty much every way.

There are also some new outtakes from Elizabeth Olsen from Multiverse of Madness

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    Pietro is also kinda brash in personality and their relationship has done a complete 180 when it comes to power dynamics. In their interactions Wanda is now definitely the dominating personality. If she doesn't approve of something, it simply won't happen. I can see how someone like Pietro might be intimidated by the fact that his once little sister is now above him in pretty much every way.

There's something funny how both Magneto and Wanda have both attained massive power escalation, and are both arguably Godlike individuals

While poor Pietro has been left behind in the front in the power upgrade front, which is rather saying something when you can make a speedster look like second fiddle