Page 183 of 211 FirstFirst ... 83133173179180181182183184185186187193 ... LastLast
Results 2,731 to 2,745 of 3154

Quote Originally Posted by Cubbyboo View Post
    Sigh. I know. I'm kinda sad about that. On a side note - I have the P Craig Russell poster framed and matted. On ebay here in Spain it's like 174 euros for the poster??!!
    That's crazy. Did you pay that much too?
    It's unfortunate how much price gouging there is with stuff like this. Im all for rewarding artists but of course most of that money will never actually reach them.
    "This is me being reasonable"

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    She said her true father could be a "fanatic" at times and he saved her from a mob, it is that line that more or less confirmed she was talking about Mag. Unless Orlando thinks Django trapping souls during a moment of grief is somehow fanatic behavior and Chthon counts as a mob.

I originally thought it's Django as well and find it weird that Orlando placed him in the birth dad position in comparison to Laufey, but nope, he is just ignored.
    Well Django was believed dead saving Wanda and Pietro from the mob that attacked them before Magneto appeared.

Quote Originally Posted by Covetous_One View Post
    The spiritual part of it is why it is adoption. Adoption is not only people who raise, you which Django did, but also people who want to be there for you, which Magneto from time to time does. Plus this just my opinion based on learning health assessment and what nurses and facilities consider family is whoever the patient deems to be family in their social circle
    I don't think so. One is literally adopting babies. The other is adults thinking hey, we are like family. And yeah found family is a bit different than someone who raises you. Versus someone who abused manipulated and tortured you. Or at times was just not there.

As far as want to be there, we'll see. It was never that way in the past. Magneto's presence was before him claiming to want to do better and then turning around and very much not being that. Maybe they'll start him down a better more stable road as a father type. But I'm only gonna count on that for as long as current writers want to do that. He's typically not a great father.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    Well Django was believed dead saving Wanda and Pietro from the mob that attacked them before Magneto appeared.
    I mean it was a failed attempt and it still doesn't explain the fanatic part. Django was never really known for having a cause, let alone being a fanatic about it. Unlike Magneto who was very much fanatical about the mutant cause at times.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I don't think so. One is literally adopting babies. The other is adults thinking hey, we are like family. And yeah found family is a bit different than someone who raises you. Versus someone who abused manipulated and tortured you. Or at times was just not there.

As far as want to be there, we'll see. It was never that way in the past. Magneto's presence was before him claiming to want to do better and then turning around and very much not being that. Maybe they'll start him down a better more stable road as a father type. But I'm only gonna count on that for as long as current writers want to do that. He's typically not a great father.
    Yeah, most Avengers fit the "found family" bill more so than Magneto.

Yeah, most Avengers fit the "found family" bill more so than Magneto.
    Exactly and some are even her real family as well

Yeah but they straight up ignore Django even in context that would be appropriate to bring him up, didn't they? Like Loki set up the convo talking about his two fathers but that somehow didn't ring any bell for Wanda, they are kinda making confessions and Wanda has nothing to say about Django? To me this just feels like erasure.

Which is my old complaint all over again, Magneto with his sheer popularity makes everything else about Wanda irrelevant. Because of course it does.
    You’re not wrong since Magneto is popular and Django is not so he gets put to the wayside. I attribute her not mentioning him to possibly focusing more on talking about Magneto since she did mention to Joseph she hadn’t yet talked about his passing and she came to accept Django’s already.
    “There is no defense against the Scarlet Witch's HEX!

Well there are instances in adults being adopted too though circumstances vary. Though the situation is different for Wanda since her and Magneto believed for the longest time they were biological family so there was that established familial bond, though very strained and fickle as it was sometimes, those feelings are still there even without the blood relation. Same how Magneto feels with Pietro. So I understand how it can be found family though I also see how it can be seen as an adoptive family as well
    “There is no defense against the Scarlet Witch's HEX!

If a hero is fabulous, their villain needs to be equally fabulous. It's just a law. [Scarlet Witch #8 (2023)]

Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    If a hero is fabulous, their villain needs to be equally fabulous. It's just a law. [Scarlet Witch #8 (2023)]

Hexfinder would be more impressive if she killed someone who wasn't just created to die

Quote Originally Posted by Covetous_One View Post
    Well there are instances in adults being adopted too though circumstances vary. Though the situation is different for Wanda since her and Magneto believed for the longest time they were biological family so there was that established familial bond, though very strained and fickle as it was sometimes, those feelings are still there even without the blood relation. Same how Magneto feels with Pietro. So I understand how it can be found family though I also see how it can be seen as an adoptive family as well
    Usually adults being adopted is a situation where they can't take care of themselves. They didn't have a family bond. The situation was that Mags would show up, say he was gonna change, the twins would say how much they hated him, and then he'd do something to remind them why they hated him. The feeling of we thought we were family wasn't strong at all until Marvel wanted to force them back together. And then suddenly Wanda wants to hug and trust Magneto. Sorry, but they didn't put in the footwork still for that to make sense. And now he's dead. So they now can't even work towards that. The found family thing is whatever to me. It's there for HoM fans that clung to fan art for years. It at least gave some good small interactions between Wanda and Polaris. But Mags and the twins only had a family bond if you consider scripted Jerry Springer families to have a bond.

A huge collab of artists with 80 different Wandas in it. A few hilarious ones in there too.

https://twitter.com/AlmendriWW/statu...67997497823358

Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    A huge collab of artists with 80 different Wandas in it. A few hilarious ones in there too.

https://twitter.com/AlmendriWW/statu...67997497823358

I like that they even have the lego and the funko pop figure there. What's the moth in the background? Is that the Moth Witch? Some cryptid?

MCU Fans Defend Scarlet Witch After A Thanos Hot Take Goes Too Far
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/mc...ar/ar-AA1gTa2S

I like that they even have the lego and the funko pop figure there. What's the moth in the background? Is that the Moth Witch? Some cryptid?
    Some of these are clearly just for fun. I personally love the Doggo one