Page 143 of 211 FirstFirst ... 4393133139140141142143144145146147153193 ... LastLast
Results 2,131 to 2,145 of 3154

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Well, her MCU presence is already hanging on a thread, let's not spend the rest of her time there obsessing over some trivial stuff.
    Sure explore X-Men in MCU, but that should not have much to do with Wanda, she has her own journey to make, whatever left of it that is.
    Kinda sad that we might have to wait (being positive) till they drop Coven Of Chaos and when the series run ends, wait if they say something about Wanda's role, i mean when WandaVision ended, months after they announced Agatha's show and The Vision show

Not expecting a cameo but probably Wanda mentions, cause well its Agatha and takes place in Westview, that would make Marvel know that people is interested in Wanda cause i know when Wanda would get mentioned, it will go viral on twitter.

GoT crashed and burnt in the end, it had its time in pop culture but let's not pretend the aesthetics and hype alone carried that show. Once the writing and character arcs ran dry, the series went downhill.
    The idea is never the hard part, literally all you see is the writers' whacky ideas without the skill to pull it off

And House of M unlike GoT never even had its time of glory, through its existence it's at best neutral and at worst actively harmful.

People also find female characters from various fighting games who are essentially highly spliced waifu tropes appealing, but that is hardly something creators should strive for if you want something serious.
    They don't need to periodically nuke her character for her to be complex.

And no people love her for generic shit, literally her sorry ass villain arcs in both comics and MCU are the most braindead and shallow shit and people gladly eat it up. And yes that includes the House of M dynamic, some people may claim they like the supposed depth while the mass majority won't ever stop liking fake family flufff fanarts and they will gush over Wanda behaving like an underaged daughter to Mag in comics.

She ultimately gets her fandom growth because she is in a popular franchise and get one decent writing team once. Seriously what if she is handled MoM style in WV? That will be an early grave for her.
    Like I already said everyone has their own views. But as you have so fittingly put it yourself "people gladly eat it up". Indeed and guess what? That will happen again and again and again for the rest of your life. If you like it or not because newsflash a lot of people do like it.

I will say this. This is a forum and the point of it is to have meaningful discussions, ask questions, answer questions, share news and so on. This specifically is an appreciation thread about Wanda Maximoff and I will keep sharing my appreciation for the character in the way I do and I encourage everyone else to do the same. That's the point and what we all should be here for.

But if the only contribution you are capable of is complaining about other people and the way they enjoy the character then I just ask myself. What's the point and why are you even here?
    You thankfully don't get to decide how people can or can't like a character. You can only speak for yourself and nobody else.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Thanks for posting this. I figured someone would record and upload this. I can see why she has taken a liking to characters like Wanda and now also Candy. She seems to have a lot of fun with figuring out a characters thought process and how the make decisions even if she personally disagrees with them. Quite frankly she is pretty good at playing that part too but that should be obvious by now.

Also loved that she said Wanda and Godzilla would be friends. Just waiting for that team-up now.
    https://twitter.com/CovenofChaoss/st...37996688486401

https://twitter.com/boraposters/stat...14452991422467
    Last edited by Galerion; 07-08-2023 at 11:44 AM.
    "This is me being reasonable"

Extraordinary Member

I guess all superheroes who last long enough have a lot of fans arguing about the "right" way to portray them, but Wanda is a very special case, I think because she straddles two major Marvel franchises (X-Men and Avengers), and has been both a hero and a villain. True, she and Pietro were created as the token non-evil members of the Brotherhood, but starting as villains is still a part of their backstory in every medium, because comic book characters are defined by how they started out.

I have no doubt that Wanda wouldn't be as popular today if WandaVision had portrayed her the way I personally prefer to see her, as a hero. However, enough is enough. She's had, what, twenty minutes of being a hero in the MCU? And it doesn't look like she'll get any any time soon (the Illuminativerse version doesn't count and she hasn't done anything heroic either).

As for the mutant thing, it's another unique thing about Wanda that when the X-Men were the most popular Marvel franchise ever, Wanda was the daughter of the X-Men's most iconic villain, and ... she almost never brought it up, almost never appeared in X-Men comics and was almost never mentioned there. I'm not saying people who mainly think of her as Magneto's daughter are wrong (people who insist she can only be portrayed as the daughter of Magneto and Magda, on the other hand...), it's just another strange thing about her; you'd never know from House of M and the X-Men cartoons, which are her most visible appearances from the late '90s/2000s, that those are practically her only X-Men content until recently.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    Like I already said everyone has their own views. But as you have so fittingly put it yourself "people gladly eat it up". Indeed and guess what? That will happen again and again and again for the rest of your life. If you like it or not because newsflash a lot of people do like it.

I will say this. This is a forum and the point of it is to have meaningful discussions, ask questions, answer questions, share news and so on. This specifically is an appreciation thread about Wanda Maximoff and I will keep sharing my appreciation for the character in the way I do and I encourage everyone else to do the same. That's the point and what we all should be here for.

But if the only contribution you are capable of is complaining about other people and the way they enjoy the character then I just ask myself. What's the point and why are you even here?
    You thankfully don't get to decide how people can or can't like a character. You can only speak for yourself and nobody else.

Thanks for posting this. I figured someone would record and upload this. I can see why she has taken a liking to characters like Wanda and now also Candy. She seems to have a lot of fun with figuring out a characters thought process and how the make decisions even if she personally disagrees with them. Quite frankly she is pretty good at playing that part too but that should be obvious by now.

Also loved that she said Wanda and Godzilla would be friends. Just waiting for that team-up now.
    https://twitter.com/CovenofChaoss/st...37996688486401

https://twitter.com/boraposters/stat...14452991422467
    There is a breaking point, GoT doesn't crash in one day, the same goes for Wanda.

People have been making excuses for bad writing for GoT Season 5 and onwards and didn't realize it is shit until Season 8 went full mask off. Sure everyone has their views, someone might even like Season 8, but let's not pretend the writing is stellar.

Wanda can probabbly amass some hype through this kind of marketing but there will be a point where all her existence is defined by awful and pandering writing
    Daenarys can have all the generic girl boss tropes until the day the writer decide it is time for her brain deteriation arc.(Yes, Daenarys was not written particularly well even before season 8)

I will be pretty astonished if she can actually survive being written like this for the rest of my life, she got her second chance because she was deemed worthwhile to use by one writer(Joss Whedon, while the creative comittee didn't want to bother with her.)
    There will come a point where she was either fundamentally changed or just too tainted to use(again).

Also it is my god given right to criticize and complain lol, do we just need to accept everything thrown at us now? I call that toxic positivity unironically. Literally the threads with most posts are filled with angry fans. If you don't like my reaction, ignore it or challenge it, but stop acting like "oh this is illegal".

Sure I would like to talk about her ongoing but unfortunately Orlando is not going for a longer arc so nothing to speculate about.
    Last edited by MaximoffTrash; 07-08-2023 at 04:00 PM.

Extraordinary Member

I will be pretty astonished if she can actually survive being written like this for the rest of my life, she got her second chance because she was deemed worthwhile to use by one writer(Joss Whedon, while the creative comittee didn't want to bother with her.)
    That reminds me, I wish the MCU weren't so secretive because I would really like to know how far back they were planning to pull a Bendis with Wanda. Waldron said, and I believe him, that this was an idea that was floating around to use for a future project. But I remember that even Wanda's first appearance in Winter Soldier has a bit of a House of M visual shout out with the blocks.

The first time I thought they might be planning something like that was all the way back to Whedon's commentary on Age of Ultron, when he points out that when Wanda rips out Ultron's heart, the hole is in the same shape as Cap's shield in the nightmare vision Wanda gave to Tony. He said the point was something like, "It's good that she's so powerful, but what if it wasn't?" I can't remember the exact quote, but it's one of the things that made me dread a story like that years before they finally did it. Whedon did it already with Willow on Buffy , even mentioning she was being taught by a witch named "Miss Harkness," and that was before Avengers Disassembled (though after Darker Than Scarlet).

There have been a lot of weird twists and turns along the way, I would never have expected it to be as badly done as MoM but I would never have expected anything as good as WandaVision either. And now there's the Fox deal, which no one would ever have expected in 2015. Strange times.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    I guess all superheroes who last long enough have a lot of fans arguing about the "right" way to portray them, but Wanda is a very special case, I think because she straddles two major Marvel franchises (X-Men and Avengers), and has been both a hero and a villain. True, she and Pietro were created as the token non-evil members of the Brotherhood, but starting as villains is still a part of their backstory in every medium, because comic book characters are defined by how they started out.

I have no doubt that Wanda wouldn't be as popular today if WandaVision had portrayed her the way I personally prefer to see her, as a hero. However, enough is enough. She's had, what, twenty minutes of being a hero in the MCU? And it doesn't look like she'll get any any time soon (the Illuminativerse version doesn't count and she hasn't done anything heroic either).

As for the mutant thing, it's another unique thing about Wanda that when the X-Men were the most popular Marvel franchise ever, Wanda was the daughter of the X-Men's most iconic villain, and ... she almost never brought it up, almost never appeared in X-Men comics and was almost never mentioned there. I'm not saying people who mainly think of her as Magneto's daughter are wrong (people who insist she can only be portrayed as the daughter of Magneto and Magda, on the other hand...), it's just another strange thing about her; you'd never know from House of M and the X-Men cartoons, which are her most visible appearances from the late '90s/2000s, that those are practically her only X-Men content until recently.
    Right, wrong, it is just semantics.
    One can claim there is potential all they want, but historically the content is thin, and Marvel Comics' solution to their relationship is pretending there is one.

So do people like the supposed potential or they just like that fake family fluff?

One can read an erotica fanfic and decide they want to see the mainline character that way, again can you call that right or wrong? And are people allowed to dislike that suggestion?

And most importantly of all, it is a direct conlifct of interests, I don't complain about silly Godzilla crossover because everyone know it is a silly and fun crossover, while some fans are more than serious about using her as a plot device and trapping her in some fake family fluff.
    Last edited by MaximoffTrash; 07-08-2023 at 04:33 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Right, wrong, it is just semantics.
    One can claim there is potential all they want, but historically the content is thin, and Marvel Comics' solution to their relationship is pretending there is one.

So do people like the supposed potential or they just like that fake family fluff?

One can read an erotica fanfic and decide they want to see the mainline character that way, again can you call that right or wrong? And are people allowed to dislike that suggestion?
    To be honest, a lot of what I like in characters is barely there on the page. Or if it is there it's not well written. Wanda alone has tons of examples like her friendship with Carol, which only appears on a tiny few pages over many decades, or even her magic training, which happens almost entirely off-panel. I really like her relationship with Carol because they're such different ideas of what a female hero should be, but almost everything about their friendship is headcanon on my part at this point.

I'm not saying don't get upset if you think people are pushing the character in the wrong direction, but we all have our ideas of things that have not been fleshed out on the page or the screen and should be.

Extraordinary Member

Again, conflicts of interests.

If a hypothetical Carol/Wanda fandom grows large and vocal enough to claim they want to define a mass portion of her character by that relationship, then Carol would effectively be the new Magneto isn't it? Or using Carol herself as example, how kindly will people take it if someone claim they want to see the potential of that Marcus Immortis relationship.(How is that Marcus Kang storyline received again, I don't really know.) Carol/Marcus is not excatly popular(no sane person likes it really), but its infamy cannot be denied.

And that is not considering the mass overlap between Magnus family fans and House of M fans(again, thin line of distinction.)

Sure people like all kinds of inconsequential stuff but the mass majority of them are just neutral bits, there is no god awful Wanda X Godzilla story that nuked her out of existence so I got no reason to resent that. It poses no real threat what so ever

I understand the general sentiment and you are the most reasonable, but we know each other's position long ago, and I am not exactly arguing, more like elaborating further.
    Last edited by MaximoffTrash; 07-08-2023 at 05:00 PM.

I love the idea of "GOT dying" yet House of Dragon is getting a second season. Also unlike GOT which needed a prequel Feige can fix Wanda and even do her connection to mutants if the Deadpool leaks are to be believed.
    Last edited by Maestro 216; 07-08-2023 at 05:48 PM.

I think some need to be reminded that Wanda has managed to amass her big and loyal fanbase because she is not some generic heroine. She has flaws, she has depth, she is complicated and she is no stranger to tragedies. She has those things while also being incredibly powerful. A combination that as it happens can sometimes be very explosive. If those things wouldn't be true then I can promise the fandom wouldn't be where it is right now but maybe that's something some actually wish would be case. I dunno. People are odd sometimes.
    Anyway that's what has drawn so many people to the character. Don't act like it isn't so and to end this write-up, a fresh and very recent case in point

https://twitter.com/alltoologan13/st...23914023092228
    I don't have a problem with Wanda having tragedies. It was something that existed for her before AD/HoM and before ITMoM. It's just the way they handled the character in those stories that was very throw-a-way.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro 216 View Post
    I love the idea of "GOT dying" yet House of Dragon is getting a second season. Also unlike GOT which needed a prequel Feige can fix Wanda and even do her connection to mutants if the Deadpool leaks are to be believed.
    No ammount of good writing in HoTD can fix GoT though? HoTD is in no way meant to fix GoT, it is its own thing set in the same universe.
    If Wanda crashed and burnt, no amount of later good projects for other characters in MCU would mean much for Wanda, right?

I think some need to be reminded that Wanda has managed to amass her big and loyal fanbase because she is not some generic heroine. She has flaws, she has depth, she is complicated and she is no stranger to tragedies. She has those things while also being incredibly powerful. A combination that as it happens can sometimes be very explosive. If those things wouldn't be true then I can promise the fandom wouldn't be where it is right now but maybe that's something some actually wish would be case. I dunno. People are odd sometimes.
    Anyway that's what has drawn so many people to the character. Don't act like it isn't so and to end this write-up, a fresh and very recent case in point
    Is the hysterical woman trope that HoM and MOM tapped into supposed to be deep? I just found it misogynistic, and I think I should we should be voicing that criticism instead of pretending that everything the suits at Marvel are shovelling into us is gold. I am a paying customer after all, and I want them to know that I do not appreciate women being portrayed as unable to handle power or traumatised people as monsters that need to be put down like a rabid dog.

Also, I think you're wrong in what's made Wanda so popular to the general public. Yes, what is appealing to these stans is probably the power fantasy and sad-girl aspects of the MCU version of the character, but it was how that was written in WandaVision that's made Wanda a name.

Let's not forget Wanda's popularity grew the minute she enter the MCU, yes WandaVision was her day in the limelight, but she only got that due to the fact she was already popular thanks to her appearances in the previous movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Saffron View Post
    Is the hysterical woman trope that HoM and MOM tapped into supposed to be deep? I just found it misogynistic, and I think I should we should be voicing that criticism instead of pretending that everything the suits at Marvel are shovelling into us is gold. I am a paying customer after all, and I want them to know that I do not appreciate women being portrayed as unable to handle power or traumatised people as monsters that need to be put down like a rabid dog.

Also, I think you're wrong in what's made Wanda so popular to the general public. Yes, what is appealing to these stans is probably the power fantasy and sad-girl aspects of the MCU version of the character, but it was how that was written in WandaVision that's made Wanda a name.
    Yeah it's not deep at all, and it's a huge issue in fiction.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.