Page 20 of 211 FirstFirst ... 101617181920212223243070120 ... LastLast
    Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet Wiccan View Post
    I love Scarlet Witch and Apex so immediately got it the day it was available, like generic said it's great to see Wanda having more reach , I do wish the skin was for Catalyst though seeing as she's the actual Witch (also her hand movements are very similar to Wanda's) in the game not Horizon.
    It is Good to See you Back Scarlet Wiccan, Welcome to the New 2023 thread!

Also I have always Enjoyed you Avatar, you Combine 2 sets of My Favorite Characters Ever, Wanda & Sailor Moon characters mainly Usagi and Minako in your Avatar, Always an Impressive Avatar, Thanks for Making it yours and Sharing it!
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

When it comes to Darcy remember the solicitations for #3

ENTER POLARIS!

When Polaris’ visit to her sister’s new magic shop is interrupted by a microscopic warrior desperate for aid, Polaris and the Scarlet Witch put their own mystery on hold to help on a fantastic journey through Sub-Atomica! Meanwhile, the dark past of Wanda’s enigmatic shop clerk, Darcy Lewis, comes back…with a vengeance.
    "This is me being reasonable"

Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    When it comes to Darcy remember the solicitations for #3

ENTER POLARIS!

When Polaris’ visit to her sister’s new magic shop is interrupted by a microscopic warrior desperate for aid, Polaris and the Scarlet Witch put their own mystery on hold to help on a fantastic journey through Sub-Atomica! Meanwhile, the dark past of Wanda’s enigmatic shop clerk, Darcy Lewis, comes back…with a vengeance.
    Indeed Galerion, Thanks for the Important reminder cause I forgot about it.

By Storytelling alone, this is how Darcey's development was always going to work out in the end. We where going to get 616 backstory and character development starting with Darcey down the road in the book at somepoint. Not right away cause the book has to establish both Wanda and the meaning of her solo series, which it is doing Magnificently well.

So Darcey was in the Nastogia 1st of the MCU now will get her own 616 personia and backstory which is good, but I am suprised so soon cause I forgot this description and to get it by or started Issue #3 is impressive, I would not figure at start until issues 5-6, but still works for me for #3.

Ovearall like all things story is what will define a character and reveal them to us, it just takes time to get their which is what makes comics a longterm invesestment in storytell which I love.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    I am Happy to hear Your Personal and Honest Take on the book Leokearon, Thanks & Sorry for Taking so Long to say this, Welcome Back Leokearon!

I agree, while the name has abit charm to it, it is kind of simple to a point I was suprised. Orlando or the team don't have to to anything over exotic in a name, just somthing like The Scarlet Emporium or something like that would have added abit more flahs uniquenss but nothing over the top.

I think the Starfire Hair look is going to take sometime for many to get used to, makes sense it is a new look for Wanda, we will see overtime if it lasts or not. Personally right now it hits nicely for me, but that is just IMO.

It is good to see Darcy, but indeed it will take a bunch of more issues till she starts to develop her own personal and why out of all characters she was the one choosen to work their. Still glad she is their, but right now indeed it runs on MCU nostogia for her being their, so Orlando has to work on her own 616 personal.

Overall glad you liked the book and happy to talk about your review.
    Thanks CJ, it's good to be back. I needed a break but I 'm back and 2023 is good to be a really good year for me, so I am in a really good mood.

Darcy may get better in later issues and thankfully they aren't going to draw out her mystery. Still bringing MCU characters into the main Marvel universe has rarely worked

I mean let's be honest. This Darcy is basically an OC. If her name would be Lucy Meyers would that actually change anything? Not really. That's why I wouldn't get worked up about it. Her name and appearance is a reference to another series but that's pretty much it.
    "This is me being reasonable"

Yeah it doesn't bother me. Just happy Wanda has something going on that seems to be treating her well. Probably a low bar, but also a welcomed change.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    Thanks CJ, it's good to be back. I needed a break but I 'm back and 2023 is good to be a really good year for me, so I am in a really good mood.

Darcy may get better in later issues and thankfully they aren't going to draw out her mystery. Still bringing MCU characters into the main Marvel universe has rarely worked
    I know what it is like to need to take a break, you don't have to worry about taking one, I litteraly am not able to come on here during the 4th quarter of the year cause of being my busiest time of the year for me LOL.

But indeed it is VERY HEARTWARMING to have you back, you where greatly missed Leokearon & Love your new avatar!

I mean let's be honest. This Darcy is basically an OC. If her name would be Lucy Meyers would that actually change anything? Not really. That's why I wouldn't get worked up about it. Her name and appearance is a reference to another series but that's pretty much it.
    Indeed Galerion and I am just happy Darcy is apart of the book, while cause of the MCU & WandaVision I still now feel Darcy is an important part of Wanda's Lore of characters around her so to have a 616 version of her with Wanda and helping where Darcy will get her own character devolopment in the 616 universe, that is just the Bee Knees to Me.

Other good thing is that ontop of all the other praise, many reviews gave praise for Darcy being in the book and adding to its collectors value to being likely her debut book in the 616 universe. Their is a good size of Darcy fans out their in the comic world, so it is good to see them happy with this book and her included in it.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Yeah it doesn't bother me. Just happy Wanda has something going on that seems to be treating her well. Probably a low bar, but also a welcomed change.
    It is happy to finally seeing our Wanda being Treated Respectfully and Right finally without espically it always being about HoM all the time, glad to finally seeing that story come to a conclusion.

It is maybe a low bar, but it is high on the ideas of common respect and decency all characters deserve to have when they are written. You start their & you already have the starts of a good book and story. But better is Wanda is blowing it out of the Water with just issue #1, so out Wanda just needing to hit the basic standard to make us happy has just shot it to the Stars GenericUsername my friend and it is a Lovely Time to fill our Hearts with all of this Seeing Wanda as she always has been and should be when Respected!

Last edited by CJStriker; 01-16-2023 at 11:57 PM.

Smile

Scarlet Witch x Giratina
    by Qartbydev

https://www.deviantart.com/qartbydev...tina-943800078

It is Good to See you Back Scarlet Wiccan, Welcome to the New 2023 thread!

Also I have always Enjoyed you Avatar, you Combine 2 sets of My Favorite Characters Ever, Wanda & Sailor Moon characters mainly Usagi and Minako in your Avatar, Always an Impressive Avatar, Thanks for Making it yours and Sharing it!
    Thanks CJ you too, happy (belated) new year, still been here just not commenting didn't feel i had much to say that hadn't been said already and honestly mom dampened my enjoyment of everything marvel and i didn't want to be a downer by adding more negativity.

But new year new Wanda all that stuff. I'm happy with her new series so far, I do hope she's allowed to be in another book though and not just kept to her solo like last time, Avengers would be my preference but not getting my hopes up, looking forward to the new Guardians, Silver Surfer, Adam and Avengers books.

I know what it is like to need to take a break, you don't have to worry about taking one, I litteraly am not able to come on here during the 4th quarter of the year cause of being my busiest time of the year for me LOL.

But indeed it is VERY HEARTWARMING to have you back, you where greatly missed Leokearon & Love your new avatar!
    My new Avatar done by @SMKittyKat over on Twitter for me, as a lot to do with my very good mood and why I am excited about this year.
    Last edited by leokearon; 01-17-2023 at 07:13 AM.

Of course it wouldn't change anything, it is just a blatant MCU bait. The problem is that bringing MCU characters to the main universe has never really worked.

I know whining about MoM is getting old, but I can't believe they had full access to the WandaVision script but still chose to ignore it completely.
    Also Wanda's arc was ruined for jumpscares and the only complaints were that Feige didn't think Wanda would be powerful enough to kill Black Bolt and not her character being destroyed

Scarlet Witch x Giratina
    by Qartbydev

https://www.deviantart.com/qartbydev...tina-943800078

Cool. Wanda being a ghost type expert fits well imo