Page 135 of 211 FirstFirst ... 3585125131132133134135136137138139145185 ... LastLast
Results 2,011 to 2,025 of 3154
    Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

I like how Agatha's plan was all about a distraction within the distraction.

Good old mages with the spells within spells within spells bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    Where would you all place the current Agatha Harkness in terms of power level compared to most magic users in Marvel?

Her fight against Wanda in the annual was a good showing for her and also what she did at the end.
    I mean you don't get to be as old as her without being very formidable. Agatha simply doesn't involve herself in "hero" business which is why she is only rarely seen in action.
    As for where to put her? Tough question but I think I would put her around Strange level. He has obviously more resources at his disposal with being Sorcerer Supreme and all but Agatha certainly has age and experience and with that knowledge on her side. She is a good teacher after all so she definitely knows her stuff.
    "This is me being reasonable"

Full September solicitations are out by the way and there are even more goodies for us in it.
    https://aiptcomics.com/2023/06/22/fu...solicitations/

AVENGERS #5

JED MACKAY (W) • C.F. VILLA (A) • Cover by STUART IMMONEN

AVENGERS CONNECTING VARIANT COVER BY ALEX ROSS

AVENGERS CONNECTING SKETCH VIRGIN VARIANT COVER BY ALEX ROSS

CORNER BOX VARIANT COVER BY MARK BROOKS

AVENGERS 60TH ANNIVERSARY VARIANT COVER BY AARON KUDER • VARIANT COVER BY BEN HARVEY

• Battle zone: Vatican City. God vs. living godhead as Thor battles Idol Alabaster.

• Battle zone: Sydney. Witch vs. revenant as the Scarlet Witch wages war upon the Dead.

• Battle zone: Toronto. Engineer vs. artist as Iron Man clashes with the Citysmith.

• Assembled, the Avengers are invincible. But separated, how can they triumph?

SCARLET WITCH #8

STEVE ORLANDO (W) • LORENZO TAMMETTA & SARA PICHELLI (A)

Cover by RUSSELL DAUTERMAN • VARIANT COVER BY W. SCOTT FORBES

VARIANT COVER BY OSCAR VEGA

GOD VS. WITCH!

When Loki’s mountain giant cousin comes through the Last Door desperate to secure the right to rule his people, the Scarlet Witch agrees to confront the King of Jotunheim. But things are never what they seem with Loki, God of Stories, and when the truth comes out, sparks just might fly! Meanwhile, Hexfinder’s plan is revealed…and those closest to Wanda can no longer be trusted.

"When the truth comes out, sparks just might fly!" That actually makes it sound like Wanda's going to beat him up for manipulating her .

Where would you all place the current Agatha Harkness in terms of power level compared to most magic users in Marvel?

Her fight against Wanda in the annual was a good showing for her and also what she did at the end.
    To quote David Bowie: “Queen Bitch”
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    "When the truth comes out, sparks just might fly!" That actually makes it sound like Wanda's going to beat him up for manipulating her .
    I mean it's Loki so he's probably into it and besides who expects him to be straight with you? That kinda goes against his nature.
    Im more thinking about how a giant is coming through the Last Door? Hope Wanda did some precautions because otherwise it's again shop rebuilding time

Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    Full September solicitations are out by the way and there are even more goodies for us in it.
    https://aiptcomics.com/2023/06/22/fu...solicitations/

AVENGERS #5

JED MACKAY (W) • C.F. VILLA (A) • Cover by STUART IMMONEN

AVENGERS CONNECTING VARIANT COVER BY ALEX ROSS

AVENGERS CONNECTING SKETCH VIRGIN VARIANT COVER BY ALEX ROSS

CORNER BOX VARIANT COVER BY MARK BROOKS

AVENGERS 60TH ANNIVERSARY VARIANT COVER BY AARON KUDER • VARIANT COVER BY BEN HARVEY

• Battle zone: Vatican City. God vs. living godhead as Thor battles Idol Alabaster.

• Battle zone: Sydney. Witch vs. revenant as the Scarlet Witch wages war upon the Dead.

• Battle zone: Toronto. Engineer vs. artist as Iron Man clashes with the Citysmith.

• Assembled, the Avengers are invincible. But separated, how can they triumph?
    This sounds fun, i love that i'm excited about the Avengers once again.

Extraordinary Member

spoilers:
    Just curious about the line about Vishanti and Gaea not happy about Wanda's action, I am not against this idea but the framing is like "they are unhappy because a mortal is holding back their enemy", like what? I thought they would be more concerned about said mortal's capability or they have some weird idea of balance like "Chthon is our enemy, but still it's not a mortal's business to disrupt our balance." The wording in the issue makes them sound more like petty than anything.

Also cameo of that Serpent Man, I wish there could be some N'Garai presence, this issue deals with the aftermath of Darkhold, surely there are N'Garai loyal to Chthon who is scheming to take Wanda down. And those who seek opportunity under this new management.

Also those last panels, yikes, should be Aggie striking a bargain than her simply ripping out Chthon's heart.(I will be honestly more disappointed if he is treated like an "organic being" and dies from it)
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by MaximoffTrash; 06-22-2023 at 09:25 PM.

Extraordinary Member

spoilers:
    I honestly didn't care for the end panels, it's not his home turf but goddamn how the heck did Agatha's shade being able to just rip out Chthon's heart lol. (His metaphoric heart I guess, more like a portion of his power, not literally his organ which should not be a thing for Elder Gods.)

It's a weird issue of "if you can do that effortlessly to an Elder God, why do you even need anything from that Elder God".
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by MaximoffTrash; 06-22-2023 at 09:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    spoilers:
    Just curious about the line about Vishanti and Gaea not happy about Wanda's action, I am not against this idea but the framing is like "they are unhappy because a mortal is holding back their enemy", like what? I thought they would be more concerned about said mortal's capability or they have some weird idea of balance like "Chthon is our enemy, but still it's not a mortal's business to disrupt our balance." The wording in the issue makes them sound more like petty than anything.

Also cameo of that Serpent Man, I wish there could be some N'Garai presence, this issue deals with the aftermath of Darkhold, surely there are N'Garai loyal to Chthon who is scheming to take Wanda down. And those who seek opportunity under this new management.

Also those last panels, yikes, should be Aggie striking a bargain than her simply ripping out Chthon's heart.(I will be honestly more disappointed if he is treated like an "organic being" and dies from it)
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I interpreted it as Wanda and only Wanda holding him back and that concerning them.
    end of spoilers

I'd love to see some N'Garai.

spoilers:
    It's a weird issue of "if you can do that effortlessly to an Elder God, why do you even need anything from that Elder God".
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:

Auntie strength I guess, lol. I don't know if she figured out a weakness for him, or what that is there.
    end of spoilers
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    Marvel and Random House Worlds Announce 'What If…?' Adult Novel Series and Wanda will be among the featured characters
    "WHAT IF…WANDA MAXIMOFF AND PETER PARKER WERE SIBLINGS? A SCARLET WITCH AND SPIDER-MAN STORY by Seanan McGuire, publishing in July 2024"

https://www.marvel.com/articles/cult...t-novel-series
    The answer to a question no-one asked, still it could be fun.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Interesting. One of the reasons I like Wanda and Thor or Wanda and Spidey being friends is they all have that perseverence through loss theme. I'd really like for modern comics to touch base on Wanda and Pete having at one time been friends.
    Yeah, especially when all they do is make Spidey make a stupid, "she married a robot" remark

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    The answer to a question no-one asked, still it could be fun.
    Honestly the what if? Sibling I want most is with Victoria Montesi, like the Montesi family adopted her or something.
    I guess in this What if, they are also adopted siblings?(Maybe Robert Frank took the twins to the US and find foster families for them.)

Just want to copy this comment in here because I found it so wholesome and it again shows that we shouldn't forget about the perspective of new readers. Something that we as regular readers can sometimes forget about.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Marvel/comm...t=share_button

For a new reader who's whole understanding of Wanda comes from WandaVision, Captain Marvel #50, podcast character history episodes and a sexy coffee mug my partner got me for Father's Day, let me just say this book slaps. I totally like the most powerful witch in the Multiverse has a small arcana shop in Nowheresville, USA theme. I like her employee being competent and loyal. I like her mentor being concerned, outmatched, highly knowledgeable and with a trick up her sleeve (or in Wanda's cup as it were). I like her enemies lining up to take a shot at the queen. Every page made sense to me. I had no idea what to expect from an Annual, what this Chaos Contest business is about although they've got MoonKnight in the lineup so that's a huge plus for this noob but all expectations were exceeded. ��
    Last edited by Galerion; 06-23-2023 at 06:24 AM.