Page 167 of 211 FirstFirst ... 67117157163164165166167168169170171177 ... LastLast
Results 2,491 to 2,505 of 3154
    Extraordinary Member

Honestly she should have dealt with more dimension rulers, and more encounters that involve tricks and bargains.

That being said I think the act is kinda made out to be too easy. She is changing a mystical entity's nature, is "her pain" actually part of her essence like how Chthon changed her with his own essence. I would very much like a magic mechanic where you can essentially plant your own soul/essence like some sort of virus. Hefty price to pay but it also gets results.

Wanda is a reality warper. Idk but turning someone from being a flesh-eater to a vegan so to speak sits pretty low on what you can potentially do with that.

I really like this scene since it perfectly showcases Wandas state of mind. Are you capable of changing? Prove it. You can't? Unfortunate but you made your choice and I won't feel sorry for what happens now.
    I like that despite being more than capable of violence and death, it's not Wandas preferred way of doing things unlike some other heroes who immediately resort to punching and blasting.
    Since we are reading superhero comics we already know that the chances of fighting happening is around 99% but the illusion of there being other ways to resolve a conflict is at least there.
    "This is me being reasonable"

Extraordinary Member

Reality warping doesn't mean you can change everything on a whim, a dimension ruler is not the same as a mortal.
    It's like saying you have a gun so killing any life form is easy never mind the actual calibre.

For cosmic/mystical entities, their nature is harder to reshape and change.
    It took a shit ton of effort to turn Galactus into Lifegiver, Dream Queen is lower on the food chain but she is still a dimension ruler. You get the memo.
    Wanda cannot simply say Chthon be a good boy or something similar to that effect. I doubt her regular reality warping can affect mystical/cosmic entities in any meaningful way, certainly not enough to change what they are. I would like to think it does need some level of consent from the victim of the spell, after all Dream Queen did accept the meal and put it into her system. It's pretty clear Wanda cannot just handwave and make it happen.
    Last edited by MaximoffTrash; 08-20-2023 at 11:03 AM.

I wonder if they will even bring her nexus being status again, Orlando did mention the life force again, which with that power she was basically a cosmic entity lol

Not saying it should be her standard but that life force thing seems greater than whatever Chthon's power she might have.

There very well might be rules, limitations and hierarchies in-universe but I can safely say there is no actual real-life framework at Marvel that serves as gospel for that. I admire your efforts in trying to make sense of it all anyways in your posts but it's kinda a futile effort since the story and the needs of it always come first. If something makes for a cool and entertaining story then it will simply be done even if that means the Living Tribunal has to once again job to whatever new scary threat a writer wants to set up. At the end of the day it's not that serious.

I love how Wanda has also become Billys advisor on magic related topics. Mother knows best

"This is me being reasonable"

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Reality warping doesn't mean you can change everything on a whim, a dimension ruler is not the same as a mortal.
    It's like saying you have a gun so killing any life form is easy never mind the actual calibre.

For cosmic/mystical entities, their nature is harder to reshape and change.
    It took a shit ton of effort to turn Galactus into Lifegiver, Dream Queen is lower on the food chain but she is still a dimension ruler. You get the memo.
    Wanda cannot simply say Chthon be a good boy or something similar to that effect. I doubt her regular reality warping can affect mystical/cosmic entities in any meaningful way, certainly not enough to change what they are. I would like to think it does need some level of consent from the victim of the spell, after all Dream Queen did accept the meal and put it into her system. It's pretty clear Wanda cannot just handwave and make it happen.
    Technically that’s what reality warping is. It’s forcing your will upon reality and commanding it to change. You’re right that a dimensional ruler is someone different from a mortal. Though I go with what Wanda told Carol is that magic is as strong as the casters willpower. If Wanda wants to force someone to change its a possibility that she could do it as it hasn’t been stated that she can’t and the author will have her do as the story sees fit like Galerion said, but forcing others to change is not a characteristic Wanda possess. She would rather choose others to change and face the consequences of their choices
    P.S. Though there are certain spells that require consent from the target to take effect as it was shown in Dark Web with Chasm wanting Peter to choose to eat the apple that may not be the standard for all spells and the casters
    Last edited by Covetous_One; 08-20-2023 at 07:44 PM.
    “There is no defense against the Scarlet Witch's HEX!

Quote Originally Posted by Covetous_One View Post
    Technically that’s what reality warping is. It’s forcing your will upon reality and commanding it to change. You’re right that a dimensional ruler is someone different from a mortal. Though I go with what Wanda told Carol is that magic is as strong as the casters willpower. If Wanda wants to force someone to change its a possibility that she could do it as it hasn’t been stated that she can’t and the author will have her do as the story sees fit like Galerion said, but forcing others to change is not a characteristic Wanda possess. She would rather choose others to change and face the consequences of their choices
    P.S. Though there are certain spells that require consent from the target to take effect as it was shown in Dark Web with Chasm wanting Peter to choose to eat the apple that may not be the standard for all spells and the casters
    There have been limits put on Wanda's reality warping. It's typically when she's tapping into an energy outside of herself. And at times she's powered down. So I don't think she can do it necessarily at will. It has be from some complicated spell, from the life force, from tapping more into Chthon than before, Simon's energies, the PF even during AvX.

I think it's to keep her from being too uber all the time because those types of characters become harder to write. Instead she has much smaller but still significant feats. Like trapping someone in stone, or making it so a sword doesn't impale her. Little gestures instead of full on changing all of reality around her.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    There have been limits put on Wanda's reality warping. It's typically when she's tapping into an energy outside of herself. And at times she's powered down. So I don't think she can do it necessarily at will. It has be from some complicated spell, from the life force, from tapping more into Chthon than before, Simon's energies, the PF even during AvX.

I think it's to keep her from being too uber all the time because those types of characters become harder to write. Instead she has much smaller but still significant feats. Like trapping someone in stone, or making it so a sword doesn't impale her. Little gestures instead of full on changing all of reality around her.
    You’re right as reality warping itself has it’s levels. IMO though uber powerful characters in general are harder to write they make the best challenges and authors have to get really creative so I like to see writer’s challenge themselves.

Extraordinary Member

Not every act of realtiy warping is equal.
    It's like saying your power is energy manipulation, so controlling a candleflame and a nuclear blast are somehow the same.
    Reality Warping still comes with scale and target limitations, reality is still a construct, and not every fabric of it is made equal. I think that is not hard to understand?
    Cosmic/Mystical entities' very existence are baked into the universe/dimension they occupy, which should make them harder to change. Like if reality is computer code, they would be the fundamental code that cannot be changed without risking breaking every other thing.
    (The same goes for scale but that is much more clear cut, she cannot warp the entire globe on a whim.)
    Last edited by MaximoffTrash; 08-20-2023 at 08:44 PM.

You’re right as reality warping itself has it’s levels. IMO though uber powerful characters in general are harder to write they make the best challenges and authors have to get really creative so I like to see writer’s challenge themselves.
    It becomes difficult to give them challenges. Because they can just solve everything. It's even harder to have them on teams for the same reason. Why have a team when they can beat everyone themselves?

Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    There very well might be rules, limitations and hierarchies in-universe but I can safely say there is no actual real-life framework at Marvel that serves as gospel for that. I admire your efforts in trying to make sense of it all anyways in your posts but it's kinda a futile effort since the story and the needs of it always come first. If something makes for a cool and entertaining story then it will simply be done even if that means the Living Tribunal has to once again job to whatever new scary threat a writer wants to set up. At the end of the day it's not that serious.

I love how Wanda has also become Billys advisor on magic related topics. Mother knows best

"Thanks for mentioning your mom. I'm going to be flirting + possibly making out with her in a few months."

It becomes difficult to give them challenges. Because they can just solve everything. It's even harder to have them on teams for the same reason. Why have a team when they can beat everyone themselves?
    Difficult, but not impossible, as situations can be made that requires a team based on what they are facing because even if they are Uber powerful what they are facing can have believable ways to get around it as we’re seeing with Wanda and that anti-magic metal. Even the powerful have weaknesses that can be created or character flaws that can be exploited that requires teams to compensate for those weaknesses.
    P.S.: not saying I really want Wanda to be able to basically warp the multiverse. Just spitballing that it’s not completely impossible to write characters that are powerful. I’d rather just see her creativity when it comes to using her powers as we have seen.
    Last edited by Covetous_One; 08-20-2023 at 09:08 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Which is why I kinda wish the Orlando solo can instead go for more investigation/detective challenge for her since you cannot really throw Avengers level threat at her doorstep in every issue.
    It will be a challenge of mystery, not brute force, she may fight some goons or magic creatures down the line but we all know it's just a fun action sequence not the main plot.
    Again, more like 90s Darkhold series perhaps. Chthon will still be active in her head, while Wanda has him pinned down, he still has secrets and information that Wanda may need. Again, make him the crimeboss informant type of character.
    Last edited by MaximoffTrash; 08-20-2023 at 09:19 PM.

Difficult, but not impossible, as situations can be made that requires a team based on what they are facing because even if they are Uber powerful what they are facing can have believable ways to get around it as we’re seeing with Wanda and that anti-magic metal. Even the powerful have weaknesses that can be created or character flaws that can be exploited that requires teams to compensate for those weaknesses.
    P.S.: not saying I really want Wanda to be able to basically warp the multiverse. Just spitballing that it’s not completely impossible to write characters that are powerful. I’d rather just see her creativity when it comes to using her powers as we have seen.
    It's impossible without either powering down the hero or making the villain annoyingly even more uber. And in a team situation even worse, because the team will be dead or beaten, leaving the OP hero to solve the problem yet again.

Wanda with the anti-magic metal is not at the level of being able to warp all of reality at will. That is Wanda powered down compared to other situations.
    Last edited by GenericUsername; 08-20-2023 at 11:54 PM.

I still say they should give her a magic creature companion like Bats for Stephen.
    I wonder if her's would be a black labrador. Since that was apparently her childhood pet. Or should they have it be a bird or something more fantastical?
    Resurrect Ebony(Still can't figure out if its death in TK's Vision is meant to be temporary or not) and let Wanda adopt it I guess.
    Flaunt the kitty cat in front of the all new and young Aggie to get on her nerves.

Also on the more sapient side, I still say a relatively friendly N'Garai who shall call her boss and say bunch of highly inappropriate stuff all the time because it's an Elder Spawn that never socialized with humans.
    Again it's a magic creature, so it can very well talk.
    Like I said, give her a N'Garai who is friendly for his kind but still somewhat bloodthirsty and rude, like a talking attack dog.
    Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    Give her a Falcon like she had in the X-men comics
    Hmmmm...a familiar for Wanda...too bad she couldn't take Joseph and make him like Maleficent's Diaval and have him shift between mutant/clone and animal/demon forms. If they are going to keep the character in Wanda's orbit, that would bend him more into her magickal genre and have echos of Sandman's Matthew the Raven as well. Having the clone of one's father as one's familiar fits with the re-purpose and upgrade treatment that this volume has taken with characters in Wanda's orbit thus far. Probably better than the character deserves...man-bun and all...

Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.