Page 33 of 211 FirstFirst ... 232930313233343536374383133 ... LastLast

So #2 has gotten a second printing as well

"This is me being reasonable"

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post

Our Wanda Maximoff, The Scarlet Witch Just Keeps WINNING & Defying the odds!!
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Me...a 51 yo man...would seriously contemplate cosplaying that Viv Vision.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Nice. Seeing Rachel there caught me by surprise. I know she is currently together with Betsy but damn sometimes you get the impression that everyone has forgotten that the character still exists.
    Rachel's one of my favourite X-Men, hence she and Kurt also get on to my dream X-Men team. Also I wanted the Avengers to have a telepath that isn't Moondragon (Who also doesn't have a Marvel Legends figure)

Viv with that Synthezoid drip .

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    My Dream Avengers team. No prizes for who is the leader
    I’m loving Ben being included in this lineup.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

The thing with Harley that she is a crazy jokster type of character. There was a time where Marvel was going crazy with Deadpool too but that eventually died down. It's hilarious in moderate doses but if you see it everywhere then you can tire people out with. You can't utilize Wanda in such a way. Personality and her power level will basically prevent that from happening so I don't think Wanda is in any danger when it comes to that.

Im actually really content with the current status quo and would be happy if that is maintained. A team book, a solo and maybe a few other appearances here or there if its appropriate. I think that's a healthy balance.
    Have Wanda as a joke character or are you meaning just have her somewhere in between Harley and some moderate exposure?
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Me...a 51 yo man...would seriously contemplate cosplaying that Viv Vision.
    It is a cute outfit. And anyone can cosplay. I say, go for it!

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

I haven’t decided if I’m going as Wanda or Peek-A-Blu from She-Ra for my Halloween costume this year
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Extraordinary Member

This is really starting to get disappointing to me. After issue 1 I thought it was going to be Wanda helping the common man/woman/child/etc..but issue 2 was Viv and now in issue 3 it is Lorna. Is this going to come down to Wanda helping her NON-family members every issue?
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    I’m loving Ben being included in this lineup.
    The fun thing about making a dream team is you can but your favs on. Also Ben would work better than Peter, given he has more of a scientific background.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    This is really starting to get disappointing to me. After issue 1 I thought it was going to be Wanda helping the common man/woman/child/etc..but issue 2 was Viv and now in issue 3 it is Lorna. Is this going to come down to Wanda helping her NON-family members every issue?
    Well issue 4 will be dealing with Darcy, but I'm sure the idea is to have Wanda help anyone, be they normal people or fellow heroes. Also these early issues are designed to also help new readers get to know Wanda better and thanks to all the continuity the Vision and Magento families are some of the more confusing parts of her backstory, that should really be addressed early on.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Have Wanda as a joke character or are you meaning just have her somewhere in between Harley and some moderate exposure?
    I was saying that characters like Harley or Deadpool can be inserted into many things because their type of character allows it. They are chaotic wildcards doing whatever they want so if they randomly show up somewhere nobody bats an eye.
    The same isn't true for Wanda. And with the release of the new Avengers book I'm content in terms of exposure. If she is guest staring somewhere it will probably make sense aka someone has a magical problem or something similarly big. You don't bring her in to fight a bunch of thugs.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    I think you have a misunderstanding there. Lorna is there to help Wanda with the amulet and not needing help herself. Wanda wrote a letter to her at the end of issue 2. The preview that was already released even shows the character that actually needs help.

That being said I would temper my expectations if you think that the majority of Wandas interactions will be with people we never see again. We got a scene where she is helping an old man preserving his memory of his deceased wife. That doesn't mean that's all the book should be doing. I would be disappointed then.

I mean maybe I'm misunderstanding you but do you have a problem with exploring relationships that have an actual need of being explored?
    Last edited by Galerion; 02-05-2023 at 02:22 AM.
    "This is me being reasonable"

I was saying that characters like Harley or Deadpool can be inserted into many things because their type of character allows it. They are chaotic wildcards doing whatever they want so if they randomly show up somewhere nobody bats an eye.
    The same isn't true for Wanda. And with the release of the new Avengers book I'm content in terms of exposure. If she is guest staring somewhere it will probably make sense aka someone has a magical problem or something similarly big. You don't bring her in to fight a bunch of thugs.
    I get what you are saying now. Yes, I agree. And it'd give us more Wanda appearances. We were so starved for so long!

I want Wanda in more unexpected scenarios like fighting giant evil megazords or super aliens. if Batman and Wolverine can do everything from thugs to aliens to gods so can Wanda