Page 180 of 211 FirstFirst ... 80130170176177178179180181182183184190 ... LastLast
Results 2,686 to 2,700 of 3154
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro 216 View Post
    I think Elizabeth should quit then. I doubt they can recast her so easily.
    If she were to quit or get fired they just wouldn't use the character at all, but I don't think she's going to quit, any more than other MCU actors have quit over disappointing movies... which is a lot of them lately.

She'll be taking some time to make serious movies and hopefully when they have another part for her (when they're allowed to write and act again, I mean) it's better. Same with Benedict Cumberbatch or Chris Hemsworth or Samuel L. Jackson other actors whose most recent MCU projects didn't turn out as well as hoped.
    Last edited by gurkle; 09-12-2023 at 06:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    If she were to quit or get fired they just wouldn't use the character at all, but I don't think she's going to quit, any more than other MCU actors have quit over disappointing movies... which is a lot of them lately.

She'll be taking some time to make serious movies and hopefully when they have another part for her (when they're allowed to write and act again, I mean) it's better. Same with Benedict Cumberbatch or Chris Hemsworth or Samuel L. Jackson other actors whose most recent MCU projects didn't turn out as well as hoped.
    I don't think we are in the era anymore of just not using her. But I do think they are likely done with some of the older Avengers. For now at least. They'll focus on other characters and then do the eventual reboot.

I wish they'd do more with cartoons. At least there they can be more flexible with things. They don't have the big contracts.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I don't think we are in the era anymore of just not using her. But I do think they are likely done with some of the older Avengers. For now at least. They'll focus on other characters and then do the eventual reboot.

I wish they'd do more with cartoons. At least there they can be more flexible with things. They don't have the big contracts.
    Yeah, they'll just introduce some more characters and then reboot everything after Secret Wars.
    The lack of cartoons is disappointing. They could do some much more than the live action shows

That illustration by Tammetta is now finished and was posted by him. Looks like it will be for NYCC and I love it.
    https://twitter.com/LorenzoTammetta/...52152384520551

"This is me being reasonable"

Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    That illustration by Tammetta is now finished and was posted by him. Looks like it will be for NYCC and I love it.

It clloks great and as an author I approve of Wanda reading those books ��

Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post

Obsessed with stars as her power signature.

Quote Originally Posted by starduck View Post
    Obsessed with stars as her power signature.
    It worked for Zatanna too .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It worked for Zatanna too .
    Actually is Zatanna stronger than Wanda? I've been wondering that since Death Battle.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro 216 View Post
    Actually is Zatanna stronger than Wanda? I've been wondering that since Death Battle.
    If you're looking at their overall histories, it would usually be Zatanna. Zatanna can do literally anything if she says it backwards, going right back to her first appearance. In JLA/Avengers Wanda had to be amped up by a dangerous magic source that doesn't exist in the Marvel universe so she could do things like teleportation that Zatanna does as a matter of routine.

Zatanna was never as powerful as Wanda was in House of M, but neither was Wanda, and that was explained away by the poorly defined "life force" that has almost never been mentioned again.

If you look at how Wanda is currently portrayed in comics, then I guess she is more powerful than Zatanna, because after House of M writers have leaned into the idea that she is almost a god who is being held back for one reason or another. But in some ways it's based on a misunderstanding of her history... though that doesn't really matter any more because it's become part of her history, however it started.

Astonishing Member

This tweet has two concept arts for Multiverse of Madness:

https://twitter.com/MarveIFacts/stat...29838800347402

It reminds me that it could always be worse. A lot worse.
    Last edited by Konja7; 09-13-2023 at 06:58 PM.

On Zatanna and Wanda it depends. I guess with pure magic and no old god stuff involved, it'd be Zatanna. Especially since it was canon that DC magic was stronger than MU's. But Wanda has gotten power ups and those have stuck. Now Wanda would likely defeat Zatanna.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post

Actually better because those at least emphasize the effect of the Darkhold/Chthon, making it closer to Nights of Wundagore than Bendis. The movie was so ambiguous about the Darkhold and visually illiterate that it gave the impression that Wanda is innately evil. What worries me is they may want to continue that ambiguity to serve the multiverse story.

My suspicion is they are going to make Wanda a villain again in Kang Dynasty then have her turn good in the third act of Secret Wars as her "redemption".

Managed to read issue 8 and I really loved it for the most part. The interaction and truth duel between Wanda and Loki was great and while I still don't see them as ever being lovers, friends I could see. Not keen on the Joseph reveal at the end, it seems that while Orlando is not trying to play the hits with Wanda, he seems to be doing it with Joseph.

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post

Most people actually see it as awesome and a missed opportunity. I somewhat agree since we are talking about corruption here. Of the demonic kind at that. Wanda isn't someone random either. She is the Scarlet Witch. A goddess basically. This is especially noteworthy since other media has toyed with the concept of it.

But it's not something that makes me lose sleep because

1. Concept art is cheap and has no limitations. You can make the wildest concepts possible. That isn't difficult. Actually translating it into a finished product is. Especially while doing it while a pandemic is going on on a scale that most of current humanity never witnessed before.
    2. Every media is different and has their own quirks and traits. Just because it all has comic book stuff doesn't change that. I see people complaining about why Iron Man or Ant-Man constantly take off their helmets. Because these are real people and they are actors and studios pay them millions of dollars to do exactly that. Show me the person who would seriously suggest burying an actress like Elizabeth Olsen who is so emotive under tons of prosthetics and cosmetics that would get in the way of her acting.

It's really not all that complicated.
    "This is me being reasonable"

Quote Originally Posted by Relugus View Post
    Actually better because those at least emphasize the effect of the Darkhold/Chthon, making it closer to Nights of Wundagore than Bendis. The movie was so ambiguous about the Darkhold and visually illiterate that it gave the impression that Wanda is innately evil. What worries me is they may want to continue that ambiguity to serve the multiverse story.

My suspicion is they are going to make Wanda a villain again in Kang Dynasty then have her turn good in the third act of Secret Wars as her "redemption".
    Really? I thought it was obvious from the dialogue in WandaVision and Multiverse of Madness that the Darkhold has a corrupting influence and was essentially manipulating Wanda.